Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body page

mdmoore07 is offline Member

Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body

Well, I've tried a whole bunch of shit. I'm the king of trying to find things outside of me that will solve my problems: buying books, calendars, notebooks, audio books, scales, tape, supplements, etc.

I just don't use it. Not for long at least. To be fair; this is highly unlike me. I pride myself with being persistent and accomplish much.

To be honest, I have a couple of goals and they aren't extremely honorable. First, I wanna look good...naked. If that means I'm a bit healthier, so be it. Next, I want to deal with my skin issues. Finally, I'm a contrarian and love debating. Paleo is perfect for that(a lot of sheep out there).

I usually stick to this stuff for 3 weeks. In that amount of time I always manage to really tighten up, drop some lbs and start feeling better. Then I slip. Then I fall. I fall right into a pile of waffle fries and delicious dark beer. I've managed to cut all other unhealthy aspects of life. My diet is my final hurdle.

In the spirit of attacking this shit with purpose, I've decided to commit for 40 days. Why? Because I can fit two journal entries on one sheet of std computer paper and had exactly 20 left in my printer tray. Plus, if I can do 30, why not aim higher? We'll see. I've created a journal binder with some go-to literature, my journal entries and some inspiring crap. I've never made a binder--this is big.

My goals are simple: I want to be 180lbs and/or 14% bodyfat or less. I'd like to accomplish this in 6 months or less. Currently; I'm 350lbs. Just kidding. I'm at about 215. I'd like to take a multi-vitamin every day as well as: fish-oil & vitamin D. I'm planning on IFing for breakfast for the first 30 days. Then I'd like to adjust my IF to something a bit more complicated. Again: we'll see.

My exercise regimen will be pathetic(aka: realistic). I plan to spend 4-5hrs/week out walking with my pound-puppy, Georgia. She enjoys walks and I have a big ass. It should shake out. I'll also do sprints once per week and kettle bells twice.

I'll post before and after pictures once they look different from one another. Until then, I'll keep the before snap hidden securely under my manbreast.

My next post will be my first meal log!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    good luck and godspeed, sir
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Food Log 4/22/13

Goal weight: 180lbs
    Current: 215
    Loss needed: 35lbs

Today's exercise: long walk with dog 1.5 hrs/4.5miles

B: IF. Had a lot of coffee.
    L: Had an extra large spinach/chicken/bacon/avocado salad. 24oz of water, 12oz unsweetened tea.
    D: small piece of salmon, 2 1/2 links of local lamb sausage, heap of brussels sprouts, parsnips, 24oz water.

Had a couple forkfulls of chicken salad before my walk, too.

Notes: Need to start adding MCT to coffee again, Felt good today, focused on getting into a Ketogenic state.

Thanks!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I like you quite a bit. Why don't you let your cats out and get some exercise trying to chase them down? They're squirrely little bastards.

IFing does help a lot of people and seems to have less negative effects on males. If you keep eating this way you're likely to lose the lbs pretty quickly. Good luck!

I saw another post titled: "Internal Photograph: Before Pic"...

Just to have a record of some of the things ailing me for future comparison. Apologies for the personal nature:

Physical Issues:
    1. Rotation pain in right arm.
    2. Crackling of joints almost constantly
    3. Right foot's ankle bone inflamed
    4. MC Hammer Pants

Internal issues
    1. Gas.
    2. Stomach pain/grumbling
    3. Headaches: generally "tension" headaches

Mental issues:
    1. Fog
    2. Seasonal depression
    3. irritable
    4. Forgetful

Allergies/Skin:
    1. Itchy/dry red eyes
    2. Skin allergies? Not sure why: could be food related(DH)
    3. Constant dermatitis
    4. Itchy skin
    5. Very, very dry skin
    6. Elbows very dry

Other Conditions:
    1. Overweight by 30-40lbs per the GUV
    2. Fatigue often
    3. Possible IBS?
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 04-22-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks, Ombat! I'll work on the cat chase. Maybe I'll cover her in bacon fat first?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I like you quite a bit. Why don't you let your cats out and get some exercise trying to chase them down? They're squirrely little bastards.

IFing does help a lot of people and seems to have less negative effects on males. If you keep eating this way you're likely to lose the lbs pretty quickly. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mdmoore07 View Post
    Thanks, Ombat! I'll work on the cat chase. Maybe I'll cover her in bacon fat first?
    You're pretty close; rub her in coconut oil and then roll her in macadamia nuts (NOT the roasted kind).

As for your conditions (gut, skin, etc.), most will likely disappear with cutting out grains. In the meantime, for dry skin, try using an oil that mimics our own - jojoba is a good choice and you can find it at any health store. A lot of people use coconut oil as a moisturizer with good results too (and who knows it might do wonders for you cat if she has any skin conditions as well)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    And coconut oil will be good for those scratches you get trying to put coconut oil on a cat -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    And coconut oil will be good for those scratches you get trying to put coconut oil on a cat -
    Absolutely. Good thinking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast