Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body page 4

mdmoore07 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Food Log 5/4/13

Goal weight: 180lbs
    Current: ?
    Loss needed: ?

Today's exercise: None. Anyone in ATL knows it was the ugliest, rainiest day of the year. I bought a new pair of vibrams at the mall and had to walk around for a good hour. Does that count?

B: IF/Bullet-proof coffee
    L: Had 3 eggs scrambled with spinach, pastured butter and a little italian bacon.
    Snack: had a sudden fit of hunger I couldn't ignore. Had a bit of greek jalapeno chicken. Closest to paleo I could find in the mall. 48oz of water.
    D: Thai pork sausage with cashew sauce, spinach and carrots. Vodka Martini(dirty) and 24+oz water.

Drinks(1 vodka on the rocks) with Friends after dinner & 48+oz water.

Note: Was a bit blah today, honestly. Was my sister in law's birthday. The weather had a lot to do with my attitude--it's been raining for 2 days straight like Nam. Picture forrest gump "fat rain, sidewayyyys rain, rain that seemed to come up..". Spent a lot of the morning reading forums and catching up on a couple books, snoozing with the fiance and the dog and doing a little work. We are going to Belize in 12 days(!), so I'm going to be hitting the regiment hard and starting some intense workouts, increased MCT/general fat intake and reduction in protein.

It's been difficult to translate my mental support for increased fat intake into action, but I've been forcing it and seeing results. Results in the form of: ketosis!, increased energy levels, definite decrease in appetite and thoughts of food(obsession), clarity, and my fiance claims my ass is less big. I bought a small carton of heavy whipping cream and added it to my coffee this morning. Holy moly! I'm honestly a bit worried I might be overdoing fat a bit, but if my math is correct my IFing and reduction in intake still has be at a general caloric deficit on most days(plus I'm def losing). More later.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83744.html

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Food Log 5/5/13

Today's exercise: None. Slept in until 11! A mighty Cinco de Mayo siesta..

B: IF. Coffee with Heavy Cream. 20oz water
    L: Had 2 eggs scrambled with spinach. Didn't have much of an appetite. 32oz water.
    D: Veggies! Kale, Brussels Sprouts, Broc, Carrots and parsnips. Made a super spicey almond butter based sauce with added MCT. 1/4 of an avocado on the side. 42oz water.

Note: Nice morning, but the rain was back again later. Planned on taking the dog on a walk but couldn't bring myself to get wet.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Today's exercise: None. Anyone in ATL knows it was the ugliest, rainiest day of the year. I bought a new pair of vibrams at the mall and had to walk around for a good hour. Does that count?
    Yes. Oh, and you drank on the wrong day. LOL Should have skipped yesterday and tequila'd it today.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Food Log 5/6/13

Today's exercise: Taking pup on a walk to doggy park.

B: IF. Coffee with Coconut Milk, MCT
    L: Whole foods: Beef roast(took extra fat trimmings), kale, mushrooms, HB egg, 32oz water
    Late Afternoon Snack: More coffee, chicken salad, MCT oil(3 tbsp)
    D: IF w/Coffee(iced)

Note: Today is a big day mentally for me. I'm certain I'm in Ketosis....and this is significant. Like many people, there seems to be a moment when something clicks. A lot of this journey has been a theoretical one at best. Today I had all of the symptoms: metal mouth, clarity, strong pee scent(TMI, I know), frequent urination. While I've had a few of these symptoms prior to today, today is the first time I've put it together and realized that the product of these efforts are a result that is confirming and assuring that I'm on the right track. I'll continue pushing more fats, moderate to low protein and VL carb this week. I'll be doing Kettle bells tomorrow and Thursday, sprints Weds/Friday. I'm shooting for long walks at least 4 hrs total this week.

In addition to this epiphany, I've had another. I hate to get heavy but it is...what it is. I realized since getting a hold of my eating behavior through IF that for my entire life, I've had an inappropriate relationship with food. Looking back, I've always been an over eater, a SAD eater and a carb-freak. My parents never took much interest in nutrition, or at least they were products of the convenience generation--that is; everything in a box, ready to go. Maybe we've just come full circle as a society? That being said, I sent my father "wheat belly" last year and he really embraced it! Anyways, I thought it was important that I note the day that I put my finger on this. It's big. Now for this metal taste in my mouth...

Food Log 5/7/13

Today's exercise: Taking pup on a walk to doggy park. Kettle bells when I get home!

B: IF. Coffee. Black. MCT Supplmentation
    L: Whole foods again! Pork sausage(nitrite free), kale & spinach doused in olive oil a small bit of macadamia nuts. 32oz water
    D: Small(1/4 lb) bit of Albacore tuna salad, MCT, 1/4 avocado.

Note: Still in Ketosis, this is getting fun! Starting a 40hr extended Fast tonight. Will skip all food, but drink coffee until Thursday afternoon. Might end up being 42 or 43 hours! Planning on breaking the fast with a heap of pulled pork at a favorite North GA barbque--NO BBQ sauce, of course. After fast, I'm moving to 20hr IF/4hr eating windows until the end of May, then back to 16/8. Looking into a crossfit Gym and may start June 1st if I feel the time is right for that type of intensity.

Food Log 5/8/13

Today's exercise: 1hr Dog Walk, Push mowed lawn, cut up a stump, weed-whacked everything, lifted very heavy things up into the attic. Fasting leads to productivity!

B: Extended Fast. Black Coffee. Water
    L: Extended Fast. Black Coffee. Water
    D: Extended Fast. Black Coffee. Water

Note: I'm exactly 25hrs into my first 40hr extended fast. Picture me in a loan cloth taking a long walk through a barren desert...for a couple days. This really isn't hard thus far as I've been doing 20+hr fasts over the last week(20/4). I found myself rummaging the kitchen pantry simply out of habit this evening until I realized I wasn't going to eat.

Still have a slight metalic ketosis mouth, yet not as strong today. Anyone well-versed in ketosis, feel free to expain(the effect of fasting on Ketogenic symptoms). Now--back to work!

Just used a ketostix reagent strip and am registering a moderate/high level of ketone spill over.
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 05-08-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Updated Exercise..

I'm 17 days into a primal/IF style conversion and wanted to update my symptoms.

Physical Issues:
    1. Rotation pain in right arm. No Change
    2. Crackling of joints almost constantly Improved
    3. Right foot's ankle bone inflamedLess nagging
    4. MC Hammer Pantsthey are getting BIGGER!

Internal issues
    1. Gas. virtually gone/less offensive
    2. Stomach pain/grumblingAll but gone
    3. Headaches: generally "tension" headachesGone unless deep into fast

Mental issues:
    1. FogGONE!
    2. Seasonal depressionInconclusive
    3. irritableImproved Slightly
    4. ForgetfulMy memory has become much more sharp

Allergies/Skin:
    1. Itchy/dry red eyesno improvement
    2. Skin allergies? Not sure why: could be food related(DH)Less often, still present
    3. Constant dermatitisLess often
    4. Itchy skinSlightly better
    5. Very, very dry skinImproved
    6. Elbows very dryImproved

Other Conditions:
    1. Overweight by 30-40lbs per the GUV. Inconclusive, weigh in at day 30
    2. Fatigue oftenImproved. Better sleeping habits
    3. Possible IBS?Much improved symptoms

Food Log 5/9/13

Today's exercise: Double-Header softball game. Sprints as warm up.

B: Extended Fast. Black Coffee. Water
    L: Extended Fast. Black Coffee. Water
    D: Broke fast with small amount of steak on salad. Hours later had Chorizo, apple w/ almond butter, iced coffee and water. Was absolutely stuffed.

I ended my 40 hr fast at 43hrs actually. It was very easy, especially the final 10 or so hours. I only had a point of desperation once(hr 30 of 40) and just drank some water. I'll continue on 20/4 eating plan on most days, no less than 16/8.

I'm noticing serious leaning up. I planned to do my first weight check at day 30 but may just stay the course. I don't want to discover something that could affect me mentally either way. I'd rather just continue this steady progress. I'm even getting compliments that I "look good" already(from people I don't see often and don't know that I'm doing this).
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 05-11-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Food Log 5/10/13

Today's exercise: None today.

B: IF. Black Coffee. Water
    L: 2pm lunch(got very ravenous). Chopped pork, collards and cole slaw. 48oz of water.
    D: A small heap of chopped pork again and a healthy handful of raspberries. 32oz water

Note: It's amazing how little I poop.
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 05-12-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Food Log 5/11/13

Today's exercise: None today.

B: Bulletproof coffee-20oz(20oz= coffee, MCT @6 Tsp, 4 Tbsp Org/Pastured Butter, dusting of stevia).
    L: Had a 1st Bday party to go to. Couple are CW/Vegetarian type and put out a small tray of shrimp to accommodate others....(surrounded by whole grain crackers and fake meat). By the time I left my stomach was eating itself. Went to whole foods and ate 1/2 lb of roast beef w/extra fat and a pile of creamed spinach. Much better.
    D: 1/2lb of Chopped Pork and raw veggies(celery, carrots and red peps)

Had a homecoming party for my buddy that moved to Finland. Of course we had a few drinks. Got home and had a bit more chopped pork(couldn't help myself).

No Notes today.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast