Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body page 3

mdmoore07 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Food Log 4/26/13

Goal weight: 180lbs
    Current: ?
    Loss needed: ?

Today's exercise: Long walk(1 mile+) with Georgia(dog) and Fiance. Georgia tried to dryhump our neighbors dog....Georgia is a girl. Heyo!

B: IF. Had a lot of coffee again(3 cups), 24oz water
    L: Late lunch(330pm), Wholefoods: pot roast, collard greens, raw broc, "Electrolyte Water)
    D: 1/2lb Grassfed Beef homemade burger w/ a bit of aged cheddar(very thin slice), sauteed carrots in the beef fat.

Small taste of our go-to Cabernet: Grayson Cellars

Notes: It's the end of my first business week of Paleo! The end of the first Full-week will be this Sunday. All is going well--feel/look less blubbery already.

Interesting how little and infrequently you poop on Paleo. As Mark S. says, grains are mostly just "bulking agent" for your BMs. I also don't hardly fart lately. Any woman can appreciate this in her man.

I think I'm noticing more consistent energy levels as well but I don't want to say that quite yet. Spending more QT with our dog has been very nice. I can see she likes it to. While I lose weight, she gets bigger. We got her a few months ago at 25lbs. She is about 50lbs now and her paws still look gigantic. She's a lab/shep mix with a very quiet disposition and a taste for my vibram fivefingers(an expensive taste).

We have a trip lined up for Belize in a couple of weeks! I'm hoping I can drop a bit of weight before then and look good for my best friends wedding. If not, I'll just resort to pounding rum and wandering the beaches. Cheers!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83744.html

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Food Log 4/27/13

Today's exercise: Long walk with Las Georgias.

B: IF. Coffee with Fiance on the way to drop her at AP.
    L: Lunch--ate 2nd grassfed Patty from Friday night. Ate with Guac and carrots.
    D: Made a weird Broccoli/spices/grassfed beef mixture. Was absolutely delicious and filling.
    Late PM snack: ate leftover ground beef. Slightly tipsy after a couple of drinks with friends(straight vodka).

Notes: I have decided to chill out on checking the scale everyday. I think I will every few days--I know this stuff is working and I feel/look better already. I don't need to hinge my mentality on a scale everyday, right? Had a very, very productive day today. A lot of heavy lifting in the yard, weed eating, mowing, cleaning, watering, seeding, yard maintenance/bagging, cleaned gutters, dog walk, deck scrubbing, yard spraying: bugs & ivys. I'm sure it was the equivelent of a helluva gym workout. Did some fivefingers sprints in the park..got weird looks from some puzzled kids. Dog was also amused. It was nice to just do something impromptu like that.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Food Log 4/28/13

Today's exercise: None.

B: IF.
    L: Lunch. Had a handful of macadamia nuts, tons of water, and a few meatballs.
    D: Whole foods: sauteed kale, collard greens and mixed grilled peppers. Ate weird Paleo Ice cream...but too much of it.

I must note that THIS IS THE END OF THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF MY PALEO TRANSITION. I celebrated by putting on a pair of jeans I used to wear prior to growing this manpooch. They were snug, but they fit. I can see a bit of change and feel a bit better already. I've been Diet Coke free for 10 days and crave ice-water constantly already--same with veggies. When in doubt: Find Wholefoods. I've also been looking forward to walks with the pup and fiance, time in the sun in my vibrams, just relaxing outside, softball with the guys and a bit of a ride on the bike. So far, so good.
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 04-29-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Food Log 4/29/13

Today's exercise: 1 mile/1 hr walk with the dog. Beautiful afternoon/evening.

B: IF. Venti coffee at Sbux
    L: Lunch. Spicey Collard greens, mixed peppers, creamed spinach, grilled pork.
    D: Home made Pork Belly. Was absolutely rich and delicious. So satisfying and SO MUCH fat.

Note: My attitude seems to be shifted from a bit solemn to more outgoing. Meeting a lot of interesting people in the neighborhood when I'm out and about on these walks. So far I've gotten 2 business cards, a sob story, a few good deeds and a life story. A woman said today, "your dog is fucking beautiful". An older gentleman told me of how my neighborhood changed over the last 5 decades. Very cool stuff. A gay couple has me convinced they're the most proud gay couple to ever walk gay earth. I helped another older cat turn off his water line and learned nomenclature of various land mines deployed throughout the world by an EOD expert. My female dog dryhumped a male pitpull pup. Life has been fun so far since starting paleo.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow, NOTHING like that happened to me during my first week of paleo. My first week was like, "ate chicken and salad" and "ate steak and salad." No humping, dry or otherwise, no land mines, no couples, gay or otherwise. Not even a business card. I missed out.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Car47 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmoore07 View Post
    Note: My attitude seems to be shifted from a bit solemn to more outgoing. Meeting a lot of interesting people in the neighborhood when I'm out and about on these walks. So far I've gotten 2 business cards, a sob story, a few good deeds and a life story. A woman said today, "your dog is fucking beautiful". An older gentleman told me of how my neighborhood changed over the last 5 decades. Very cool stuff. A gay couple has me convinced they're the most proud gay couple to ever walk gay earth. I helped another older cat turn off his water line and learned nomenclature of various land mines deployed throughout the world by an EOD expert. My female dog dryhumped a male pitpull pup. Life has been fun so far since starting paleo.
    Your note on this post is hilarious! I feel motivated to get out and explore my neighborhood now. Good luck on your journey.

Food Log 5/1/13

Today's exercise: 1 hour walk with the pup, kettle bells for 15 mins.

B: IF. Venti coffee at Sbux. 32oz water
    L: 1/2lb pork from Publix hotbar, chicken salad, 24oz water.
    D: 1/2 Red Pepper stuff with GF beef and an apple with Cashew butter. 24+oz of water.

Note: Got "Ketostix" today via amazon prime. Pretty cool. Peed on one of them and read a moderate level of ketones in the urine. I'll have to use these often as a gauge. Plus, this way I can relate to women having to pee on the pregnancy test sticks and get in touch with my feminine side.

Food Log 5/2/13

Today's exercise: Will update.

B: IF. Home made bulletproof coffee. 5tbsp MCT, 2 tbsp GF & P butter, 12oz org coffee & stevia. Shit rocked and got daddy rockin' too!
    L: Lunch was embarassing: Pork rinds, spinach w/balsamic & some leftover beef. Water. More Coffee.
    D: Plan to make honey-mustard glazed Salmon but we'll have to see.

Note: Feel pretty alive today--it's awesome. I've been trying to up my MCT intake because it makes me feel like Jesus. The stuff literally gives you a high-energy, euphoric feeling. I also notice that fat levels seem to burn much faster when I take this stuff intermittently. I was going to make some chicken salad and home-made baconaise, using MCT as the "oil". I might run through a wall if I do though(picture the kool-aid dude: "OH YEAH!"). I'm also very impressed with the efficiency of kettle bell workouts. I need to amp up my pace next week as I come out of a mild "carb-flu" and hope to supplement with MCT and HIIT. Loving results thus far and these journals are helping me establish progress with respect to health, vibrancy, energy levels and attitude. Be in touch. I forgot how much energy I have when paleo. It seems like it's going to stick this time, too!

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, your title definitely drew me in; humour is a good thing. I guess I don't walk around my neighbourhood enough to see all the colourful people. I do know that my neighbor on the one side moved in the year I was born and my neighbor on the other side was living in his house when she moved in. They make me feel young! I rejoined recently and just this week trying to achieve ketosis. I, however, started tracking my food on FitDay.com to monitor protein and carbs. My days of peeing on sticks are long past (and it is really over-rated). Good luck on your journey.

Food Log 5/3/13

Today's exercise: Walk with Pooch and Softball game.

B: IF. Coffee, of course. I think I had too much coffee today.
    L: Had a steak salad: mixed greens, spinach, dressing on side(not quite "paleo" dressing). 2 large glasses of H20
    D: Late Dinner: pork roast, kale and carrots. Booze..(and water!)

Note: Bad news first. I ate a couple doughnuts at work! Ah shit! Now the good news: I arrived at the ball field a half-hour early and did some sprints. The game was also very active. More bad news: we had a couple drinks prior to that. So I was tipsy at the game. Now more good news: I SMASHED a home-run over a 20' fence(literally) and had two more line drive doubles. I'm not sure if it was the booze, the paleo or maybe Mark Sisson was watching over me. After the game we went to a bar near my home(Decatur/East Atlanta) and had a great late dinner, drinks and laughs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast