Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good goals, good plan, good start, MD. Keep it up and I'm sure you will find more benefits than you even hope for.

mdmoore07 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Good goals, good plan, good start, MD. Keep it up and I'm sure you will find more benefits than you even hope for.
    Thanks Annieh! Where are you with this stuff?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83744.html

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, I certainly couldn't scroll away from a journal with that title.

Glad to see you're approaching this with both a plan and a sense of humor. Good luck to you!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Food Log 4/23/13

Goal weight: 180lbs
    Current: 213
    Loss needed: 33lbs

Today's exercise: long walk after work. 1hr

B: IF. Had a lot of coffee again(3 cups), 24oz water
    L: 3 oz beef jerkey, small bag of pork rinds, cup of cashews, 16 oz coconut water
    D: A bunch of chicken salad. Probably about..a pound I suppose it could have been worse!. Had a load of baby spinach, red bell pepper and carrot with MCT oil as dressing. 24oz water

Also: this is the 3rd day without Diet Coke. Anybody that knows me, knows the stuff is like crack to me. Big deal...and I feel fine

Notes: Tired today, very stressful day at work, eyes red(allergies).

It seems that I slept well last night. Vivid dreams. Woke easily and felt good early AM. I'm focused on imagining myself at my ideal weight and applying a laser-like focus to the steps it will take to get there. Reading a bit about the "law of attaction" as a supplment--in the spirit of getting this done, of course.

I also got off Facebook today. I realize how much of a time drain it is--I'm always happier without it. Plus, did GROK have FB? I think not. More later.
    Last edited by mdmoore07; 04-23-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmoore07 View Post
    My exercise regimen will be pathetic(aka: realistic). I plan to spend 4-5hrs/week out walking with my pound-puppy, Georgia. She enjoys walks and I have a big ass. It should shake out. I'll also do sprints once per week and kettle bells twice.
    Dogs are the world's best personal trainers. Have you downloaded the PB Fitness guide yet? It's free and really helpful.

I wish you well.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey mdmoore07!

Great title for your journal - I could not help but take a look. I found it interesting that you mentioned stay with things only for a little while. I'm currently reading a book called Make Shi(f)t Happen by Dean Dwyer. You might find it interesting - basically about getting your head in the right frame of mind to stick with it. It's an interesting read and has some tips I found helpful for sticking with this lifestyle. Also Mark's 21 Day book and, as Paleobird mentioned, the fitness books are both great resources. As for less than honorable goals - I think looking good naked is a very honorable goal - one many of us have even if we don't admit it!

Best of luck on your journey!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Hey mdmoore07!

Great title for your journal - I could not help but take a look. I found it interesting that you mentioned stay with things only for a little while. I'm currently reading a book called Make Shi(f)t Happen by Dean Dwyer. You might find it interesting - basically about getting your head in the right frame of mind to stick with it. It's an interesting read and has some tips I found helpful for sticking with this lifestyle. Also Mark's 21 Day book and, as Paleobird mentioned, the fitness books are both great resources. As for less than honorable goals - I think looking good naked is a very honorable goal - one many of us have even if we don't admit it!

Best of luck on your journey!
    Thanks so much for the info, Primal Primate. I'll look into the book. It would be 4th in line to be read, however! I love a good book..

Food Log 4/24/13

Current: 213
    Loss needed: 33lbs

Today's exercise: long walk before dinner. 1 hr.

L: 2 cups of sauted kale, 1 cup of steamed brocolli, 1/4 rottiserie chicken(dark), 2tbsp guac, 1/2 cup tuna salad. 24 oz water
    D: 1/4 rack pork ribs cooked in cocunut oil/butter/spices mix(fricking delicious), kale(shit load)

Notes: Had another coffee this afternoon--was dragging at a certain point. Job has become high stress/high stakes lately. Doing well with water compared to recent history.

Slept OK, woke up at 5am and was wired. Started feeling "hung over" around 7am for no good reason. Found myself dehydrated regardless of drinking more water. Any thoughts? Taking multi, 10,000 IU Vita D, 2 Fish Oil capsules.

Was a nice day of no facebook. I forgot how pleasant it is not having to feel sorry for people I used to know on there. Or look at their kids...

Currently reading: "Think and grow Rich". "The Stranger" and re-reading a childhood favorite "Where the Red Fern Grows". Awesome. This time of year we should all really start diverting our time from the BS of the winter and get to know ourselves again.

Looking forward to your support, should you offer it.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Food Log 4/25/13

Current: 211
    Loss needed: 31lbs

Today's exercise: Double-header softball games

L: 1 cup cashews, beef jerkey, 24oz water
    D: 2 tbsp guac, 10 chicken wings, left over babyback ribmeat, 4oz coconut water

Had a Vodka on the rocks

Notes: Very long day of travel today. Was up until 2am last night(just like tonight will be) talking with future father in law about everything under the sun. As a result, I had to drag myself out of bed and limp through the day. Ended up OK after the first few hours of the morning, actually. We got walloped in our softball league games tonight and went out afterwards for a drink and some wings. Didn't get my supplements in today. Will be better tomorrow.

I really don't mind fasting from bedtime to noon the next day. I think I'm growing accustomed to it. In the future, I think I'll do something a bit more crazy--any ideas are encouraged!

Still no Diet Coke...feel great for it too. I find great pride in breaking addiction, which it was.I think most people probably do.

My nephew was just diagnosed Autistic. My sister in law said that he was also deemed "allergic to wheat". Hmm, aren't we kind of all? He has been sleeping and behaving MUCH better since cutting it out of his diet. I sent my father the book "wheat belley" last year and, suprisingly, the old coot read it and loved it. He stopped just eating breads and some of the shit he called food made by the good people at the hostess company. Within 6 mos, he had lost 40lbs! Looks great--which is comforting since he just celebrated his 70th birthday.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmoore07 View Post
    Thanks Annieh! Where are you with this stuff?
    You're welcome. I first stumbled on this website 10 months ago, it immediately made sense so I started straight away and have pretty much stuck with this way of eating ever since. It is the most satisfying and delicious food I've ever eaten and makes me feel GREAT. I have lost the few kilos I needed to, and even better have brought my blood pressure back into normal range and seen various menopausal symptoms fade away.

As for the exercise, I started that first by joining a gym a few months prior. This time I have stuck with it and find that I now love to exercise and miss it when I don't. I certainly haven't done anything extreme, just regular weights/step classes 1-3 times a week. I also love getting out for a hike in the bush on a semi regular basis.

This lifestyle has been life enhancing for me. I was never really sick or hugely overweight but I was lethargic, had broken sleep and just felt like I was not running on all cylinders, despite having followed what I thought was a healthy diet for 20 years. Now I notice improvements like smoother skin and better moods that I wasn't even looking for but have come with the territory.

It's so cool and is very easy to stick to (or to come back to if you happen to diverge for whatever reason). It's just what I do now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast