Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil in Canada - where to buy page

dakini is offline Senior Member

Coconut Oil in Canada - where to buy

I live in Winnipeg and the only place I've found coconut oil is at Superstore. Does anyone know of any other places where you can buy it? Even online that is a little more reasonably priced? I don't mind getting a larger quantity as i think it keeps well from what I've heard.

Thanks!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Hi Dakini,

A gallon seems to go for about $40 bucks online at a dozen or more different sources. Amazon has 16 ouncers from $8.50 to $10.50 + five dollar shipping. I found the same deal (GNC brand) at Rite Aid and saved on the shipping.

Wait! Digging around Amazon, I just found the Nutiva brand 54 ouncer for 21 bucks. I ordered two. Free shipping.

Here

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Any health food store will sell virgin coconut oil. Its is pricey, I get a 16oz container for about $25 though I'm sure you can find it cheaper online. Some of the brands i know of are Tropical Traditions, Omega Nutrition and NOW brand. I know of a few people who got theirs on Amazon.com
    Calm the f**k down.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I've also found it at Vita Health shops (a number of them around Wpg), at Organza Market at confusion corner, and bulk barn. Different places seem to have different brands, and the prices vary, generally fairly pricy everywhere I've seen it. Haven't found any in large quantity locally, though. I'm generally looking in the south end of the city.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Hi Dakini,

A gallon seems to go for about $40 bucks online at a dozen or more different sources. Amazon has 16 ouncers from $8.50 to $10.50 + five dollar shipping. I found the same deal (GNC brand) at Rite Aid and saved on the shipping.

Wait! Digging around Amazon, I just found the Nutiva brand 54 ouncer for 21 bucks. I ordered two. Free shipping.

Here
    Dang! Thats an awesome price!
    Calm the f**k down.

I tried to get the Amazon deal but it says it can't ship to me. I'm confused as Canada is an approved marketplace country, but whatever. I'll have to look into Bulk Barn and Vita Health. I can't remember how big the jar was that I got at Superstore was, but I think 16oz and it was about $9.00, but it might have been smaller. I'll have to look at home.

Thanks! If anyone has seen it anywhere else, that would be great!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    There's only one true place to get coconut oil in Canada. www.well.ca carries 1.54kg containers of Nutiva for $35 and it's free shipping!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Thank you so much! That's fantastic! I know my Vita Health and Bulk Barn carries Coconut Oil (I called both) so I can order and still have a local place to get some in a pinch.

janaturner is offline Junior Member
    Lovestoclimb beat me to it. I order my Nutiva coconut oil (among other things) from well.ca too.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Superstore does have the Nutiva 823 gram size for $18.99, pretty much the same as what has been mentioned for online. Only problem is, it's not always in stock. The Superstore closest to me has been out for months, but I found some last week at another location just by chance.

I may try to get some online so I don't run low when the store is out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast