Thread: Is this okay for starting PB exercise? page

muffinz is offline Member

Is this okay for starting PB exercise?

Shop Now
    I am a bit overwhelmed with the new info. and trying to plan the perfect workout session...so can I just do this at least for now, which I think incorporates the main points:

2 days of walking for an hour at moderate pace.
    1 day of sprinting for about 10 minutes on a track.
    2 days of bodyweight exercises like pushups and squats along with some dumbbell moves for about 20 minutes (working out at home, so this would be great for me).

Any suggestions/changes?

Thank you!!!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
    I am a bit overwhelmed with the new info. and trying to plan the perfect workout session...so can I just do this at least for now, which I think incorporates the main points:

2 days of walking for an hour at moderate pace.
    1 day of sprinting for about 10 minutes on a track.
    2 days of bodyweight exercises like pushups and squats along with some dumbbell moves for about 20 minutes (working out at home, so this would be great for me).

Any suggestions/changes?

Thank you!!!
    The way I design it for people is strictly walking in the beginning while they get the nutrition dialed in. Then we move to body weight strength, then to sprints, then to lifting, then to more lifting + mobility and flexibility, etc.

Trying to do too much at once can be problematic. The nutrition is the most important part and it's enough to worry about. I'd just focus on eating clean and walking.

Thanks, The Rebooted Body.
    I do think I can do a bit more than walking at this point, I just want to keep it relatively simple.

Anyone else have suggestions? Pretty please?...weren't you all beginners once too?

...Beuller...anyone?...ANYONE?!?!

Geeknik is offline Member
    I have a dog which gets walked daily. How much depends on the weather so some days we go on one 30 minute walk and others up to three 30 minute walks. I do bodyweight/kettlebell exercises for 20-30 minutes on M/W/F and 30 minutes on my elliptical on T/Th at medium-high resistance but low speed. Haven't really started doing sprints yet. Plan on adding that on Sundays once the weather improves (Still getting snow & rain here). I switched to the above regimen after getting burnt out doing chronic cardio 5 days a week. But your plan sounds like a good start too.
    Last edited by Geeknik; 04-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    When I was at my maximum weight, I started walking. Eventually I got down 30 pounds, to the point where I felt like I might be able to run again. Which I did and hurt myself.

There's no hurry on this project. Take it easy right now, push yourself later.