Thread: Need advice: keeping track of carb intake page

almomajol25 is offline Junior Member

Question Need advice: keeping track of carb intake

Shop Now
    Hello forum folk,

I've been reading a lot of Mark's work and follow his blog regularly. In addition to embracing all things Primal, I'm trying to measure my daily carbohydrate intake so I can stay at or below 150g/day, which is Mark's recommendation for maintenance. But I have no idea how to measure this. Does anybody have a list of foods and how much carb they contain? For instance, if I eat a cup of sweet potato along with whatever else for breakfast in the morning, how much carb am I eating there? It seems that something like this has to be out there, but I have not located any easy reference for this so I can keep track.

Thanks for any help on this!

jodeyh is offline Member
    I use this site a lot to figure macros: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Sweet potato, cooked, baked in skin, without salt [Sweetpotato]

That one links to sweet potatoes, I believe.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Go to any free dieting site, join, and enter your food in your daily food diary. They do all the calculations for you. A lot of people here use my fitness pal, I use fatsecret.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    If you have a smart phone you can get the Application: Carbs Control ITS AWESOME!
    great graphs, set your carb goals, easy to use, it remembers iteams you use all the time.

highly recommend it!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I use paleotrack.com, it's the easiest one. However, there are lots of nutrition trackers. just google for them.