Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Becoming fat adapted page 3

dabears is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've always found even with an active lifestyle, around 100g of carbs is a decent number for good energy levels, derived from vegetables/fruits and a serving of starch. If you perform any activities that deplete your glycogen like barbell lifts, HIIT activities/sports etc then on those days you will want to up it by a serving or two of starchy carbs ~50-75g.

You'll be amazed at the energy you get from fats

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Nobody get "fat adapted" since they are already perfectly adapted to burning fat by millions of years of evolution - what they really become adapted to is to feel better on less carbs...

AMC
    AMC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears View Post
    I've always found even with an active lifestyle, around 100g of carbs is a decent number for good energy levels, derived from vegetables/fruits and a serving of starch. If you perform any activities that deplete your glycogen like barbell lifts, HIIT activities/sports etc then on those days you will want to up it by a serving or two of starchy carbs ~50-75g.

You'll be amazed at the energy you get from fats
    Thanks this is very helpful! Do you suggest I start lower and then do 100-150 once adapted, or can the adaptation process happen at 100-150?

dabears is offline Member
    I think if you limit your carb intake to a serving of starchy carbs (~50g or less) a day, and consume vegetables/fruits, you will be hard pressed to hit 150g in the first place. It is more the type of carb than the amount, so by eliminating processed sugar, refined starch based carbs like bread/pasta/etc. and not getting ridiculous with fruit or potato/rice consumption you will force the body to become fat adapted.

If aren't doing any sort of HIIT sprinting or barbell weight lifting, and need a real life example... eat salads with meat on top for majority of your meals!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123