Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 99

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Just thinking about it logically, with my brainz, I would think cheese would be more difficult to digest because of the cultures. And I've proven to myself time and time again that anything that has been made with something bacterial/fungal/"live" does NOT jive well with my body. Anything probiotic, anything with yeast (back when I was eating GF grains I couldn't eat GF bread because the yeast gave me massive stomach aches). But the internet tells me that cheese should be easier to digest because it is lower in lactose than milk / cream. I don't listen to the internet anymore.
    My opinion is based on nothing more than the old wives tale that you shouldn't eat cheese before bed because it's so hard to digest it can give you nightmares Zach or Derp would know the exact science. I just know that junkies eat ice cream, not Edam

You should be a lit. professor. I also just remembered what came next in the dream! Everyone told me I was doing it wrong. They took the crabs and cracked/split them open, which somehow produced no blood. There was only blood when I completely smashed it. So maybe I'm being too aggressive with something in my life?

I like your new avatar! Your connection with native Americans.
    I wouldn't say something in your life; I'd say something within you. And it looks like your subconscious is telling you there's an easier way! Less severe, or less mindless? (You said you crushed them without thinking).

Ha - I forgot I told you that! Yeah, revisiting my roots
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    ...junkies eat ice cream, not Edam
    Now if that isn't something to live by.

I wouldn't say something in your life; I'd say something within you. And it looks like your subconscious is telling you there's an easier way! Less severe, or less mindless? (You said you crushed them without thinking).
    Yes, even in my dream I understood how mindlessly I had done it. So maybe it's the mindlessness, not the aggressiveness, since I have actually become more passive and have stepped back very recently: with food/health and with certain relationships.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Yes, even in my dream I understood how mindlessly I had done it. So maybe it's the mindlessness, not the aggressiveness, since I have actually become more passive and have stepped back very recently: with food/health and with certain relationships.
    I think that part is very significant. Being mindless you can still be reckless. I think it's a message telling you to be more conscious of the things you are trying to kill. That there is an easier way. <3

This is all ties in with the dissertation I just wrote in my journal
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think that part is very significant. Being mindless you can still be reckless. I think it's a message telling you to be more conscious of the things you are trying to kill. That there is an easier way. <3

This is all ties in with the dissertation I just wrote in my journal
    Maybe I'm going too far in the opposite direction. Who should we call "Yoyo" now? It's very possible that I was being reckless but I feel like I've already taken steps to strike a balance again. My dream was just trying to drive that home

Ha, I am impressed by the energy you have for so much detail. Me: "erm, yeah. wut she said"

That's brilliant! Do you know what the... um... decapod crustaceans could represent?

Yes, haha! I do love it. I find the mind-body complex so fascinating, and definitely see life in shades of colour. Which poses many communication problems for me, because most people are determined to see things in black and white...

- Ray Peat

No idea, honestly.

50 Shades of YogaBare. Kinky.

Update:

Noticed so far:
    - Bloat seems to be drastically minimized by a diet of meat, ice cream, and fruit!
    - Energy has been great!
    - Acne is terrible - I'm hoping it's not the dairy.

Today had its ups and downs:
    - I awoke with a flat stomach! I think all the bloating has caused my skin to stretch though because it looked terribleÖ
    - I was hungry but had no appetite. Could have had something to do with taking zinc last night after hours of drinking with barely any food. Oops.
    - I've been craving seaweed ever since I had some nori a few nights ago. I went to a Korean market to buy some salmon sashimi and saw seaweed salad (wakame dressed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, and spices). I should have known better but I picked some up and ate it for lunch. I didn't notice any bloating for the first 10 minutes but suddenly my stomach ballooned upÖ It could have been the seaweed or it could have been the sesame or the spices or the shoyu or all of it but anyway I can't help but feel like I sabotaged myself. I could have easily just eaten nori but nooooo I had to get the effing salad with all the shit on it. I just hope it wasn't in vain and that I got whatever nutrients I seemed to be craving out of it (iodine?). At least I now have clear proof that I can't eat something like that. I enjoyed it, though. Think I should make this my new avatar?
    - Had a massive energy crash late in the afternoon. No way of knowing if it was because of my inability to digest the seaweed or just because I had stayed up until 3am the night before. Or both.
    - The buildings on campus were closed today so I couldn't do the stairs (again). I jogged around campus a bit and then came home to do body weight exercises (starting form square one, it seemsÖ)

While doing said exercises I was watching 60 Minutes and they had a segment on the Lost Boys of Sudan. It was so interesting watching them see stoves, vacuum cleaners, and ice for the first time. One of them asked if the cold during the winter in America caused people to die.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Yes, awesome potential avatar!

Some of the Lost Boys of Sudan ended up attending my high school. They were incredibly nice people.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Update:

Noticed so far:
    - Bloat seems to be drastically minimized by a diet of meat, ice cream, and fruit!
    - Energy has been great!
    - Acne is terrible - I'm hoping it's not the dairy.
    That's basically all I eat too (+ milk, chocolate and gelatin). My stomach is flat for the first time I can remember. When I'm lying on my back, that is But, seriously my bloat is gone.

re. breakouts - I get those when I have non organic dairy (hormones?) and sometimes while ovulating (hormones again?).

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Ice cream doesn't sit so well, but I am drifting towards meat & fruit & fat. Part of me feels like there's no way this could be bad for me and another part of me (thanks to MDA, honestly) is thinking I am going to get diabetes or cancer. My hypoglycemia doesn't act up at all with fruit (only refined sugars & wheat, esp. with the two combined), but I find it's harder to get full. I'm honestly not eating very much lately though. I feel tired of eating the same things. What fruit do you guys eat?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great things in here, Om. That crash was for sure from the digestion. Keep track of that and see of you get a crash a few hours after anything that bloats you.