Page 98 of 138 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 98

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    B-b-b-but... what will I do without knowing about your BMs?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I can't deal with this now...

What made you decide to stop? (As you can see, I'm still going to post here )
    Go for it. My journal is your oyster.

I thought about your question this morning as I sat out on the porch overlooking my backyard, sipping my coffee, and wondering when the hell all those hydrangeas had been planted (seriously. When the fuck did those get there??) and the only thing I could think of was, "...cause I dont wannnnna." Seriously, like Ci said, it's a chore. And like you said, it's liberating not to. And it's a continuing part of my process of turning away from an all-or-nothing attitude.

I'm continuing to keep a food and symptoms journal for myself - Zach suggested I try mono-meals for a while in an attempt to figure out what absolutely induces bloat and what doesn't. It's too early to tell but I'm pretty sure chocolate isnt my friend (I'm not sure why, though, but it makes me nauseous about 90% of the time I eat it) and that neither is cheese, but ice cream might be ok? Its going to take a while to figure it out but I think it's the best approach.

Random Anti-Meat Dream? I know Yoyo will want to dissect this.
    Last night I dreamt that I was being (temporarily) housed by a friend at some commune and they told me to go out and gather anything that might be good for dinner. I started digging up sand crabs on a beach, asked whether that would be appropriate, and they said they eat them all the time. Come dinner time I grab a crab and - without a second thought and quite instinctively - crush it with a rock. But when blood started to soak the meat I became very adverse and slightly nauseated by it. I took a bite but couldn't stomach any more. I usually forget the details of my dreams after a few hours of waking but this one has stuck with me. I don't think my subconscious is telling me not to eat meat - I still want it. Heck, I just ate some - but perhaps it was about changing the way I think about myself. I've always said that I could kill my own food if I needed to, but maybe that isn't true?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Zach this, Zach that... why don't you just marry him then!?

(Can I be a flower girl?)
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Zach this, Zach that... why don't you just marry him then!?

(Can I be a flower girl?)
    You can be THE flower girl. Please do not try to upstage Zach's son; he's going to be the ring bearer.

Sweet!

We might ask you to shave your chest hairs.

Not sure if I can comply

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    it's a continuing part of my process of turning away from an all-or-nothing attitude.
    YES! Love this These journals are amazing for self reflection, aren't they? I had that moment after I did the raising the body temp thing. It made me realise how ridiculous and unimportant a lot of these things are.

I'm continuing to keep a food and symptoms journal for myself - Zach suggested I try mono-meals for a while in an attempt to figure out what absolutely induces bloat and what doesn't. It's too early to tell but I'm pretty sure chocolate isnt my friend (I'm not sure why, though, but it makes me nauseous about 90% of the time I eat it) and that neither is cheese, but ice cream might be ok? Its going to take a while to figure it out but I think it's the best approach.
    Isn't it strange, but I find doing mono meals sooo much easier than doing something like GAPS. At least with mono meals you can eat everything: it's just one thing at a time. I haven't cooked once since getting back to London (three weeks); I've basically just eaten meals with two ingredients (cheese or/and fruit and/or meat). Don't know what's making me feel good, but something's working. And I don't "feel good" in the way I felt on month one of Primal. Then it was like ARHHAHHIFAHIAHF - I HAVE ENERGY AND I'M GOING TO DOOOOO STUFF!!! Now it's like: I feel happy again today. This is nice! I feel like working / eating / running / meeting friends. Even energy, you know? For the most part

Random Anti-Meat Dream? I know Yoyo will want to dissect this.
    Last night I dreamt that I was being (temporarily) housed by a friend at some commune and they told me to go out and gather anything that might be good for dinner. I started digging up sand crabs on a beach, asked whether that would be appropriate, and they said they eat them all the time. Come dinner time I grab a crab and - without a second thought and quite instinctively - crush it with a rock. But when blood started to soak the meat I became very adverse and slightly nauseated by it. I took a bite but couldn't stomach any more. I usually forget the details of my dreams after a few hours of waking but this one has stuck with me. I don't think my subconscious is telling me not to eat meat - I still want it. Heck, I just ate some - but perhaps it was about changing the way I think about myself. I've always said that I could kill my own food if I needed to, but maybe that isn't true?
    *Pulls up chair, applies Rogaine to face, strokes beard*

Dream interpretation is bullshit.

Kidding

It sounds like quite a strong dream. What strikes me is that it was a crab that you killed - not "flesh", but it bled like a mammal. What do crabs represent to you?

And now I'm thinking of the STD convo in Derp's journal
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-21-2013 at 03:19 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Isn't it strange, but I find doing mono meals sooo much easier than doing something like GAPS. At least with mono meals you can eat everything: it's just one thing at a time. I haven't cooked once since getting back to London (three weeks); I've basically just eaten meals with two ingredients (cheese or/and fruit and/or meat). Don't know what's making me feel good, but something's working. And I don't "feel good" in the way I felt on month one of Primal. Then it was like ARHHAHHIFAHIAHF - I HAVE ENERGY AND I'M GOING TO DOOOOO STUFF!!! Now it's like: I feel happy again today. This is nice! I feel like working / eating / running / meeting friends. Even energy, you know? For the most part
    GAPS/SCD was ridiculous. I know. I did it. My diet has been very similar to yours: meat, fruit, and ice cream. I'm actually noticing that I digest ice cream significantly better than I do cheese (which makes no fucking sense, by the way) and I'm experiencing that same, even energy. It's quite.... miraculous.

*Pulls up chair, applies Rogaine to face, strokes beard*
    Hey! Derp said I could have his Rogaine!

It sounds like quite a strong dream. What strikes me is that it was a crab that you killed - not "flesh", but it bled like a mammal. What do crabs represent to you?

And now I'm thinking of the STD convo in Derp's journal
    Well, I do have quite a bit of unprotected sex... KIDDING! Kidding.

Yes, Dr. Bare, the part about the crab bleeding like an animal struck me as odd even in the dream! It was very thick, dark blood that completely saturated the thing - almost reminded me of alien slime you see in films. The only connection I have to crabs (sand crabs in particular, which is what they were) is that I used to dig them up all the time as a kid when my dad would take my sister and I to the beach. I hated the beach but he liked it which is why we went. Digging up crabs was the only part I enjoyed. I would put them in buckets, name them, etc.

You should keep the beard, by the way. It suits you

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    It makes sense to me. Isn't cheese quite difficult to digest, particularly if it's melted? And ice cream is the food of junkies! THe only thing they can eat after wrecking their stomaches.

When it comes to dreams, you have to remember that the dream is you. Everything in the dream represents an aspect of you. What I got from the dream, was that you are killing an aspect of yourself because you feel it's expected of you. You are not really thinking about it, but somewhere inside you, it feels desperately wrong. Whatever the crabs represent to you: that's what you are crushing!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

It makes sense to me. Isn't cheese quite difficult to digest, particularly if it's melted? And ice cream is the food of junkies! THe only thing they can eat after wrecking their stomaches.
    Just thinking about it logically, with my brainz, I would think cheese would be more difficult to digest because of the cultures. And I've proven to myself time and time again that anything that has been made with something bacterial/fungal/"live" does NOT jive well with my body. Anything probiotic, anything with yeast (back when I was eating GF grains I couldn't eat GF bread because the yeast gave me massive stomach aches). But the internet tells me that cheese should be easier to digest because it is lower in lactose than milk / cream. I don't listen to the internet anymore.

When it comes to dreams, you have to remember that the dream is you. Everything in the dream represents an aspect of you. What I got from the dream, was that you are killing an aspect of yourself because you feel it's expected of you. You are not really thinking about it, but somewhere inside you, it feels desperately wrong. Whatever the crabs represent to you: that's what you are crushing!
    You should be a lit. professor. I also just remembered what came next in the dream! Everyone told me I was doing it wrong. They took the crabs and cracked/split them open, which somehow produced no blood. There was only blood when I completely smashed it. So maybe I'm being too aggressive with something in my life?

I like your new avatar! Your connection with native Americans.