Page 96 of 138 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 96

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    QOTD: I used to be really uptight about sex, and stuff like that. That's mainly because my aunt had a baby when she was 15, my sister had a baby when she was 16, and plenty of my friends at school got knocked up pretty early, too. I was terrified, but there must have been something in the water! Now that I'm kind of easing away from the "kissing a boy will get me pregnant" mentality, I am relaxing about it a lot more. I don't really have any way to explore or push the limits to my newfound casual attitude toward sex, though, so I don't know what I would be like in an actual situation. These days, I'm starting to see fucking as more of "a thing people just do with each other for whatever reason" rather than "a thing two people do after marriage when they love each other very much." Also, I really hate the bullshit that some people spout saying, "Your body is a temple!" Just because you don't fuck everyone in sight doesn't mean that you're necessarily treating your body like a temple. I didn't know that temples drank cases of beer, ate fast food 3 meals a day, and sat on their ass just waitin' for the Lord to save 'em. Ugh. Growing up in Texas will do some things to you....
    I think there is a lot between those two attitudes and it varies on a case by case basis. LMAO @ Texas. People are severely misguided (not just in Texas - all over the place) and/or are very passionate about beliefs that they probably haven't even thought about, but that is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I noticed an instant improvement from taking the Vitex Literally within a few hours of taking it my energy soared, and it hasn't come back down.
    Gosh, maybe I should start taking it...

I think it's great that you have such a relaxed attitude to sex. It doesn't need to be especially reserved for two people who are besotted with each other: some of the best sex can happen with the excitement of a new partner, or a stranger. I've never had sex with a friend (get worried about being smothered with love) but if you enjoy it then why not?

Unfortunately I seem to have developed huge issues about sex in the last few years. My past caught up with me, and I can't seem to get out of this mental rut and trust anyone.
    I'm not discounting it but atm I think I would be too worried about having sex with a complete stranger. Ther's no accounting for crazies o_o Haha I think I have been on the other end of that worry but it was only percieved by the other. I"m pretty sure he thought I wanted something more, but nope. I just wanted teh sex.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I bet one good (or even ok / not scary) sexual situation would help you come out of it but of course the difficult part would be allowing yourself to have that experience. I was in a very bad place with sex for a couple of years (basically afraid to have it) after the crazy guy but I was very fortunate to have someone (a friend, not even a romantic interest) help me out of it. You deserve to enjoy your body (and let others enjoy it too. hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sex: I've had friends & encountered people with that kind of attitude towards sex. I think it can be totally healthy, it's all about how YOU feel about it, right? Sex was made into a huge foreign/scary concept for me growing up, since it was never discussed. I had to base my understandings of it on my lack of sex drive (which made me fear sex for a while before I ever had it) and movies. I had sex with a friend (I can't say once but it was over the course of a summer). It was not a healthy relationship for many reasons and I don't think I could ever speak to him again with the way things ended. I had sex with a friend a couple of times, for him it was how you described it, but I realized after that I could not be so casual (how I see it, anyway) about sex. It's too emotional for me because of how vulnerable it makes me feel. Plus, to overshare even more, I couldn't orgasm for years b/c of SSRIs and birth control (probably mostly those anyway), so I never wanted to trust someone else with that responsibility unless we were otherwise involved.
    It can definitely only work if everyone is on the same page and that can be the trickiest part. Sex puts you in a vulnerable (ha, I wrote vulverable at first, like vulva) position both physically and emotionally so it's imperative that you are fully comfortable with yourself and ready for it. It seems like you've had many issues which made it tricky :/

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Re the sex thing: My attitude towards sex is very casual. And I have had sex with friends. I've had sex with one of my best friends in the world, and the sex has brought us closer. But at a different point in my life, I had sex with another friend, and things sort of broke down. (This is because it wasn't just sex--we ended up in a weird non-relationship relationship where it wasn't clear if we were just friends or something more. But our friendship has recovered from it.) I also had sex with another friend--we weren't close friends and only had sex once, but I think we have a stronger connection now because of it (although I haven't seen him in person for years--he's one of those who moves around a lot and has been living abroad for the past couple years). But I don't habitually have sex with friends. There are some friends whom I can't imagine having sex with--it would almost be like having sex with a brother--just...wrong.
    Like I mentioned above, both parties must be on the same page. I've had similar experiences to you all around: a very close friendship that became even closer, a friendship that got confused, and one that was never all too close but is still fine nonetheless. I'm glad your weird, quasi-relationship worked out. And I completely agree / feel the same. I have many male friends and the majority of them that have expressed their interest in me have not been fulfilled... And not because I don't find them attractive but because I either knew they want more and I don't want to lead them on unfairly, or that I could tell we wouldn't be compatable in bed or whatever. You just have a feeling about these things and you have to go with it. It all varies on a case by case basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Re. the sex question: Only in a committed relationship for me. But then I used to be really uptight about most things, not just that. I really have nothing against casual sex.
    Totally respect that It's all about what you personally feel comfortable with.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

I'm sorry I didn't get to anyone's journals today (I read most of them) but I'm off again until tomorrow.

Friday, July 12
    MC Day 3

Sleep/Energy
    - 10pm-6am (uninterrupted!) and a bit before my alarm at 7:45. Maybe it was all the chocolate
    - Energy was good all day!! Maybe it was because I barely ate...

F/H/D
    - last night: moar chocolate
    - coffee + gelatin + sugar, piece of bacon, 2 eggs ( butter)
    - Late L: ~6oz smoked salmon, small mango
    - carrot juice
    - D: chirashi (w rice, yes) and tamari (well I did eat real soy sauce for 5 days in a row and didn't die...or bloat. Tamari should be ok)
    - Projected: dranks. and whatever snacks I decide to eat (probably chocolate. she always have m&ms at her house)

Not hungry at all today. I wasn't even hungry for lunch but it had been 7 hrs since (a small) breakfast and I could tell my body was getting angry at me for not eating.

- BMs not great. Better in afternoon
    - No bloat after breakfast and I think none after the salmon, but definitely after the mango I wonder if it has to do with eating it at the same time as the salmon... Sigh.

Skin
    Not enough makeup in the world... Just counted 11 open or scabbed wounds on my face ;_; I guess a lot of that is my fault.

MC Day 3
    Already very light. Very little appetite.

Official most embarrassing TSA moment: agent opening my bag and finding a fleet enema... He let me keep it. So question to all of y'all: any weird airport experiences or stories? Last month they told me I was going to need to get pat down... on the back of my head. Yes. They pat down the hair that had bunched up under my ponytail... If no one thought to keep weapons under their hair before, now they have. -____-

diene is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any fun TSA stories (I guess that's a good thing). But I hate the TSA and hate going through security checkpoints. AND I think it's ludicrous that we can't bring more than 3 ounces of liquid onto the plane. And having to take your shoes off at the checkpoint is dumb too. I mean, years ago, some guy tried to hide some crap in his shoes so now we have to take our shoes off. Years ago, another guy brought on some liquids that he tried to mix into an explosive so we can't bring liquids on. What if another person hides something up his ass, are we going to have to get anal probes each time? (I refuse to go through the god damn x-ray scanner or even the new scanners that supposedly use sound waves. Yeah, bite me.)

I almost missed my flight in Feb. when I was flying to CA to take the CA bar because I opted out of the scanner and they couldn't get a god damn female TSA agent to come pat me down (even though i could see at least two female agents on the other side of the checkpoint). I told the male agent that he could just do it, but he said that he couldn't. I almost started to cry. It was so irritating. It was also partly my bf's fault because he likes to get to the airport with just barely enough time to make the flight if nothing goes wrong, and since he drove me, he ended up getting me to the airport with just barely enough time. I had a bad feeling that I would get stuck at the checkpoint too, but it's impossible to get him to do anything faster or to leave earlier. Ugh!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I bet one good (or even ok / not scary) sexual situation would help you come out of it but of course the difficult part would be allowing yourself to have that experience. I was in a very bad place with sex for a couple of years (basically afraid to have it) after the crazy guy but I was very fortunate to have someone (a friend, not even a romantic interest) help me out of it. You deserve to enjoy your body (and let others enjoy it too. hehe)
    Thanks for the kind words You're definitely right. Actually, this is all very timely, cos' I finally feel more relaxed about things, and probably ready to start having sex again. It's been a while...

This is all coinciding with the Vitex.

I would make a great marketing woman for it
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yeah, I once saw some woman with a burka on her head, and they were groping at her ponytail underneath to make sure there wasn't anything sketchy in there. Another time, once I got back to my room, I opened up my luggage and ALL OF MY JEWELRY was everywhere, scattered throughout the bag and tangled up because someone went through it all and just tossed it back. Nothing was missing, but still, I was so angry! And then, there was the time when there was my vibrator (which had been hidden away safely in my suitcase) was plopped right on top of everything with a cute little note on it, saying that TSA went through my bag. Thanks for molesting my sex toys, guys. Aaaand this didn't happen to me, but I was there: there was a woman who had to put her cat carrier through the x-ray machine, but couldn't put the cat through, so she had to take it out. The cat scratched her up pretty badly and nearly got away several times during the process. I thought for sure she was going to lose her pet! Crazy stuffs.
    I'm sorry but the cat story made me laugh.. Actually they all did. But that is a bit unprofessional of TSA to go through your things and make note of your vibrator... What airport was that?

I don't have any fun TSA stories (I guess that's a good thing). But I hate the TSA and hate going through security checkpoints. AND I think it's ludicrous that we can't bring more than 3 ounces of liquid onto the plane. And having to take your shoes off at the checkpoint is dumb too. I mean, years ago, some guy tried to hide some crap in his shoes so now we have to take our shoes off. Years ago, another guy brought on some liquids that he tried to mix into an explosive so we can't bring liquids on. What if another person hides something up his ass, are we going to have to get anal probes each time? (I refuse to go through the god damn x-ray scanner or even the new scanners that supposedly use sound waves. Yeah, bite me.)

I almost missed my flight in Feb. when I was flying to CA to take the CA bar because I opted out of the scanner and they couldn't get a god damn female TSA agent to come pat me down (even though i could see at least two female agents on the other side of the checkpoint). I told the male agent that he could just do it, but he said that he couldn't. I almost started to cry. It was so irritating. It was also partly my bf's fault because he likes to get to the airport with just barely enough time to make the flight if nothing goes wrong, and since he drove me, he ended up getting me to the airport with just barely enough time. I had a bad feeling that I would get stuck at the checkpoint too, but it's impossible to get him to do anything faster or to leave earlier. Ugh!
    I also hate flying for that very reason. I don't mind airplanes, I just hate having to go through security. It's an entire event - disrobing, unpacking your things to go through the scanner, etc. but I guess that's the price we pray for "security". Though I wonder how secure it is when I personally have gotten through multiple times with pocket knives, lighters, entire bottles of contact soluiton, etc...

Growing up (and to this day) I always experienced the opposite: twidling my thumbs for 2 hours at the airport because my mom would get us there ridiculously early "just in case". I suppose that's better than almost missing your flight though. I"m glad you made it!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks for the kind words You're definitely right. Actually, this is all very timely, cos' I finally feel more relaxed about things, and probably ready to start having sex again. It's been a while...

This is all coinciding with the Vitex.

I would make a great marketing woman for it
    Oh yeah you've got plenty of options now

Maybe you should market it to me. Although, I don't need anything making me more fertile while I'm not on birth control... Speaking of which, I just received a friendly reminder from my pharmacy to pick up my cervical dilation drug for my IUD insertion. YAY! -_-

Hey, ombat, so YB told me that you get spots on your thighs when you consume dairy? What kind of spots are they? I get these bumps (or lumps--definitely not just spots) on my inner thighs sometimes, and I suspect that they may be caused by eating too much dairy.

Hey, ombat, so YB told me that you get spots on your thighs when you consume dairy? What kind of spots are they? I get these bumps (or lumps--definitely not just spots) on my inner thighs sometimes, and I suspect that they may be caused by eating too much dairy.
    In hindsight I'm not so sure they were due to dairy. At the time I was on a ZC diet and had just introduced ghee. I'm pretty sure it had less to due with the ghee and more to due with the fact that I was shoveling spoonfuls of fat into my mouth because I was starving. I'm guessing it was some sort of immune response to my diet in general and not to the dairy because I eat cheese, ice cream, butter, etc. now and have not seen a single bump. Either that or my gut has healed since then.

FYI the bumps looked like large, slightly inflamed white heads - meaning that the pus (or whatever) was visible through the skin. I had about half a dozen on each thigh. I was seeing new ones frequently for about a month and it took about a week for each one to go away but they left red marks for quite some time. They've completely vanished now.

Is that what yours are like? And why do you think dairy is the cause (as opposed to something else)?

No, mine are pea-sized (or bigger) lumps. They're kinda deep inside the skin so there are no whiteheads/pus (that I can see). I'm pretty sure it's stage 1 Hydradenitis Supperativa. How Tara put Hidradenitis Suppurativa into remission with a paleo diet I've been getting these types of lumps for a couple years now. I get them occasionally, not all the time.

Dairy is just a guess. I had three show up last week, and I've been eating more dairy lately than normal. The woman in that article I linked to says that her outbreaks are triggered by eating potatoes. Mine definitely aren't triggered by potatoes.

Hey, have you ever heard of the GAPS diet? I'm thinking about possibly doing it. I thought of you cuz one of the things it supposedly helps is bloating. I don't know though. They talk about this "sensitivity test" that sounds kinda dumb to me. Basically, if you suspect a food allergy, place a drop of the food on your wrist at night (let it dry there) and see if you get an allergic skin reaction the next day. Hmmm! I, for one, doubt that a food allergy will necessarily result in a skin reaction. So maybe it's all stupid.

INTRODUCTION DIET

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think the allergy test is pretty stupid and unfounded, but the rest can be very helpful. Of course, it's very low in carbs and can be pretty brutal for people with serious issues. I've never been able to bring myself to do any level of GAPs, though it would probably help my constipation. It is certainly a good base for an elimination diet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 96 of 138 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast