Page 95 of 138 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 95

JennHeart is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=ombat;1168124]I haven't, but am I mistaken or doesn't it present with some sort of rash from the bite?

The rash doesn't always present and/or it may be in an area where you don't see it. Your scalp, for instance. If you have symptoms, it wouldn't hurt to rule out.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I just started with Vitex drops this morning and am eating raw carrots some. Two hours after the Vitex, I felt some slight cramping... surely it doesn't work that fast.

I'm going to get my sex hormones checked out next week at the docs.
    I noticed an instant improvement from taking the Vitex Literally within a few hours of taking it my energy soared, and it hasn't come back down.

I'm glad you're getting your hormones checked! Finally, someone is listening to me

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Congestion:
    I always forget to mention this but I almost always wake up congested. It's weird because it always goes away within the hour and doesn't come back until I wake up the next morning. Is that normal? Anyway, I noticed that it was much worse this morning and lasted a bit longer than usual.

QOTD: I have a bit of an odd view/relationship with sex (or at least that's what people tell me). Any effort to explain that view is met with quizzical and uncomfortable looks, so I thought I was unusual in my views… But then I read this article: I Used To Give Out Sex Like Gold Star Stickers (And I’m Glad I Did) | Thought Catalog on TC which put it well - specifically the line, " I don’t sleep with Isaac because I am sexually attracted to him, but because I adore him as a friend and I want to be closer." That is usually the situation I m in. Anyway, I think we've talked about this in another thread, but what do you think about sex? Does it have to be love? Would you rather it be with a complete stranger than someone you are close (but not romantically involved) with
    I went through a phase during the EAT when I kept waking up congested. I thought I was getting a cold, but it never developed. Sooo... I don't know!

I think it's great that you have such a relaxed attitude to sex. It doesn't need to be especially reserved for two people who are besotted with each other: some of the best sex can happen with the excitement of a new partner, or a stranger. I've never had sex with a friend (get worried about being smothered with love) but if you enjoy it then why not?

Unfortunately I seem to have developed huge issues about sex in the last few years. My past caught up with me, and I can't seem to get out of this mental rut and trust anyone.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    - Coffee + gelatin + sugar + cocoa!
    I only like coffee with sugar and this whole combo sounds AWESOME. I can try this at work sometime (Keurig machine) if I bring in some cocoa powder

- little coffee as vessel for a lump of sugar.
    This made me laugh.

Congestion: Could be nighttime allergies? Some things do bloom at night. But if it's very recent, I don't know. I'm still hoping sorting out my gut will reduce my seasonal allergies .

Sex: I've had friends & encountered people with that kind of attitude towards sex. I think it can be totally healthy, it's all about how YOU feel about it, right? Sex was made into a huge foreign/scary concept for me growing up, since it was never discussed. I had to base my understandings of it on my lack of sex drive (which made me fear sex for a while before I ever had it) and movies. I had sex with a friend (I can't say once but it was over the course of a summer). It was not a healthy relationship for many reasons and I don't think I could ever speak to him again with the way things ended. I had sex with a friend a couple of times, for him it was how you described it, but I realized after that I could not be so casual (how I see it, anyway) about sex. It's too emotional for me because of how vulnerable it makes me feel. Plus, to overshare even more, I couldn't orgasm for years b/c of SSRIs and birth control (probably mostly those anyway), so I never wanted to trust someone else with that responsibility unless we were otherwise involved.

Q for you fun journal-readers: a co-worker brought in a bunch of smoked meats for lunch, which I will definitely have (infused with beers & whatnot, but I am beyond caring). He also brought in a bag of gummy bears! There's probably more corn syrup than gelatin in them but...should I have some? :-p
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Derpaleen (that is Derpamix and the feminized version of your name smashed together, in case you were wondering). Yes! Did you see carrots on my supplements list yesterday? I knew it. And I put cocoa in my coffee this morning. I'll keep the visual novels in mind
    I was.

Nothing gets me through PMS quite like a good feel.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Q for you fun journal-readers: a co-worker brought in a bunch of smoked meats for lunch, which I will definitely have (infused with beers & whatnot, but I am beyond caring). He also brought in a bag of gummy bears! There's probably more corn syrup than gelatin in them but...should I have some? :-p
    Of course.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for your responses, guys! Knowing now that the subject may bring up some uncomfortable feelings for you, I appreciate you being open. I will respond later today after mah travels.

Re: congestion, it's definitely not new, but I think it might be due to mold (it's very moldy in the Pac Northwest) and/or pets, when I'm around them. Yoyo, were you eating anything during EAT that was new to you or that you are not eating now?

Name, yes! On both! The good lord (of corn syrup) knows that I do at times partake in the stuff
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My mold allergies are beastly in the summer, with the rain on and off, plus our AC accumulating it. It can only get so clean .

I have been nibbling on ze gummy bears .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

diene is offline Senior Member
    Re the sex thing: My attitude towards sex is very casual. And I have had sex with friends. I've had sex with one of my best friends in the world, and the sex has brought us closer. But at a different point in my life, I had sex with another friend, and things sort of broke down. (This is because it wasn't just sex--we ended up in a weird non-relationship relationship where it wasn't clear if we were just friends or something more. But our friendship has recovered from it.) I also had sex with another friend--we weren't close friends and only had sex once, but I think we have a stronger connection now because of it (although I haven't seen him in person for years--he's one of those who moves around a lot and has been living abroad for the past couple years). But I don't habitually have sex with friends. There are some friends whom I can't imagine having sex with--it would almost be like having sex with a brother--just...wrong.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yoyo, were you eating anything during EAT that was new to you or that you are not eating now?
    During the height of EAT I was eating meat twice / three times a day, which is really unusual for me... And now that I think of it, I was eating meat twice a day in CA when I was there, and also started waking up with a blocked nose!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Re. the sex question: Only in a committed relationship for me. But then I used to be really uptight about most things, not just that. I really have nothing against casual sex.

Page 95 of 138 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast