Page 94 of 138 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 94

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you all for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    QOTD: Well, I am only supposed to have my period 4x per year while on this birth control, even though it's been pretty dodgy. Before I took BC, though, I had SO many issues with my period that I would often stay home from school or work, and have to take so many painkillers that they'd knock me out! But, I have PMDD and ovarian cysts, so it can be kind of extreme. These days, whenever I am having lady issues, I am lucky enough to be able to lay down and turn off the world until it all goes away. I've tried heating pads, dairy products (calcium), yoga exercises, long baths, and a lot of forgiveness in my diet. I also really minimize my use of tampons and use more pads just because I feel like they make my cramping worse, for some reason, but I might just be crazy. I've been meaning to maybe try a menstrual cup but I don't really know how that'd work out. I wish I could give you a magical secret to make it all go away, but it's just trial and error until you find a combo that works for you, just like everything else in life. I hope you feel better <3
    I'm so sorry you had so many issues. I know many people who went on BC to control heavy periods, cramping, etc. Re: menstrual cup, a lot of people like it. Personally I don't have an issue with tampons, I wear them at night, etc. but you could find them helpful! <3

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Great that you're doing this Om! Progesterone really helps BMs, which is why women notice that they 'go' more during their period (when prog) is up. It might take a few months to build up a proper picture or to see a pattern, but you're keeping the journal anyway, so it's not exactly extra work to note a day

Ci, tampons apparently are infused with some chemical that makes you bleed more. Ugh. I still use them all the time, though.

Also, random question - has anyone ever noticed that when you're just starting to see someone new, and your hormones are going crazy, you'll get your period earlier than usual?
    Really? I thought the opposite was true. It was my understanding that high levels of progesterone during the phase directly before menstruation led to constipation while lowered levels of progesterone during menstruation is associated with increasad BMs. Is that not correct?

That sounds like the ultimate conspiracy theory ha...

Maybe your body is trying to speed up the process so you'll get preggers sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    lol

chocolate, carrot salads, and visual novels
    Thanks Derpaleen (that is Derpamix and the feminized version of your name smashed together, in case you were wondering). Yes! Did you see carrots on my supplements list yesterday? I knew it. And I put cocoa in my coffee this morning. I'll keep the visual novels in mind

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Vitex (to increase progesterone) has helped my PMS symptoms (bad depression for the week before my period, culminating in the worst day being the first day of flow, feeling better the second day, and back to normal by the third; plus mild cramping, bloat, & fatique). I've always had either diarrhea or soft BMs on the first day or two of my period, but unfortunately, getting my progesterone levels up with Vitex (assuming it's working b/c of lack of aforementioned symptoms) has not affected my BM's at all. I'm interested in maybe switching to progesterone cream.
    So you're saying you still have loose BMs despite taking Vitex? That's interesting. Perhaps I was mistaken about the Prog/BM relationship. I'm so glad that it's mitigating your other PMS symptoms, though. That's great! Fortunately the extent of my mood symptoms (that I know of..) is weepiness the day before and the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I just ride it out, but I have a pretty high discomfort threshold. The funny thing is that sometimes aside from the very mild cramps I have no symptoms at all. Then once in a great while I'm very moody, bitchy and irritable for a day or two while pms-ing. Exercise works for me and yeah, I too recommend chocolate.
    Nice! I wonder what causes you to experience symptoms sometimes but not others?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I'm not going to be very helpful. I don't have much PMS symptoms. Actually, I don't really have any, except I think some bloating before and during my period. I always have a huge appetite, always have difficulty concentrating, and am often irritable. I haven't noticed any of that getting worse during parts of my menstrual cycle though.

YB--the thing that you mentioned, I think it's happened to me before, i.e., getting my period early when I'm starting to see someone new. But this is all very unscientific since I've never really consistently kept track of my cycle before. I've also noticed that I tend to break out when I'm seeing someone new, which is very inconvenient and annoying.
    Ha, I wish I didn't relate to that...
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The weepiness may be a progesterone fluctuation (crippling sadness is more of a low progesterone thing, frustrated sadness is more of a high estrogen thing, I guess?), but it doesn't sound like it's big. I was getting to very dangerous low moods all of a sudden, starting sometime last year. It's probably still all linked to my gut . Yup, Vitex has not changed my BMs around/during my period at all.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The weepiness may be a progesterone fluctuation (crippling sadness is more of a low progesterone thing, frustrated sadness is more of a high estrogen thing, I guess?), but it doesn't sound like it's big. I was getting to very dangerous low moods all of a sudden, starting sometime last year. It's probably still all linked to my gut . Yup, Vitex has not changed my BMs around/during my period at all.
    Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. It's mostly that things get to me more than they usually would. For example, any other time of the month: "I'm so exhausted and bloated and sick of all of this. Ugh." During my TOM: "I'm so exhausted and bloated and sick of all of this! MY LIFE SUCKS *cry*" Or sometimes I'll just start tearing up for absolutely no reason at all

Well at least it isn't having the opposite effect. Having extra BMs for a few days is better than having little/no BMs for a few days... But I'm glad it's working otherwise

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    haha, it's a weird reason to look forward to the first couple of days of my period (but I do).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Really? I thought the opposite was true. It was my understanding that high levels of progesterone during the phase directly before menstruation led to constipation while lowered levels of progesterone during menstruation is associated with increasad BMs. Is that not correct?
    Progesterone commonly causes both: diarrhea or constipation. I imagine it depends on the state of your bowel. Prog is as a muscle relaxant, and if you're constipated cos' your bowel is under active, then an increase in progesterone will make it even more difficult for the bowel muscles to contract, making it harder to move waste products along, thus leading to constipation. If you're constipated cos of dehydration / tension / other factors, prog would help (maybe too much!).

I'm interested in maybe switching to progesterone cream.
    Ray peat's one is the best apparently. THat's what I'm using!

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    YB--the thing that you mentioned, I think it's happened to me before, i.e., getting my period early when I'm starting to see someone new. But this is all very unscientific since I've never really consistently kept track of my cycle before. I've also noticed that I tend to break out when I'm seeing someone new, which is very inconvenient and annoying.
    Maybe your body is trying to speed up the process so you'll get preggers sooner.
    That was my theory on it too! The body senses there is a suitable mate, so prepares for fertilisation.

All in the name of propagation...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm way past it now, but I didn't have bad PMS, I had bad middleschmertz. Cramps that would literally make me skip a breath and clutch my abdomen and just below. For me, orgasms were the best relief. Lovers loved it, but even when alone, I knew how to take care of myself.

Screw a lot. It couldn't hurt, and might even help.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Physically:
    Right before my period, I'll get reallyyy hot. My face will be flushed, and I'll just feel uncomfortably warm. And i'll get headaches.
    During my period, depending on what I've been eating, my cramps aren't usually too bad. Every once in a blue moon I'll get this one killer cramp or backache which knocks the wind out of me.
    I do have a relatively high pain tolerance though, so I mostly suck it up.

Emotionally:
    Sometimes I'm more irritable because i don't sleep well or because I'm generally uncomfortable. It's more of a lack of patience for BS though.
    I'm almost always a lot more quiet/withdrawn though. And the crying over everrryything definitely resonates with me haha.

Camomile tea is amaazing for cramps, and for just calming the PMS rage. Chocolate is the solution to all of life's problems.
    And personally, exercise helps a lot. I know some women who say exercise makes them feel worse (but I think they just can't gather up the will to exercise to begin with, during their period). Moving around a lot helps, for me.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

QOTD to all you lovely ladies out there (Yoyo, Ci, Di, Gray, Brooke, Nameless, Derp, etc..): What tricks do you use to mitigate symptoms during your TOM? I have very light periods without cramping, but lots of hunger, fatigue, brain fog, and moodiness.
    TOM... What is that?!

I haven't had a period in almost 3 years! I just started with Vitex drops this morning and am eating raw carrots some. Two hours after the Vitex, I felt some slight cramping... surely it doesn't work that fast.

I'm going to get my sex hormones checked out next week at the docs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm way past it now, but I didn't have bad PMS, I had bad middleschmertz. Cramps that would literally make me skip a breath and clutch my abdomen and just below. For me, orgasms were the best relief. Lovers loved it, but even when alone, I knew how to take care of myself.

Screw a lot. It couldn't hurt, and might even help.
    Ouch, but at least you found a good remedy! I can do that!

EDIT: forgot to mention, I'm pretty sure I've correlated worsening acne with ovulation. Also, middleschmertz sounds like a Yiddish insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Physically:
    Right before my period, I'll get reallyyy hot. My face will be flushed, and I'll just feel uncomfortably warm. And i'll get headaches.
    During my period, depending on what I've been eating, my cramps aren't usually too bad. Every once in a blue moon I'll get this one killer cramp or backache which knocks the wind out of me.
    I do have a relatively high pain tolerance though, so I mostly suck it up.

Emotionally:
    Sometimes I'm more irritable because i don't sleep well or because I'm generally uncomfortable. It's more of a lack of patience for BS though.
    I'm almost always a lot more quiet/withdrawn though. And the crying over everrryything definitely resonates with me haha.

Camomile tea is amaazing for cramps, and for just calming the PMS rage. Chocolate is the solution to all of life's problems.
    And personally, exercise helps a lot. I know some women who say exercise makes them feel worse (but I think they just can't gather up the will to exercise to begin with, during their period). Moving around a lot helps, for me.
    Isn't being a girl great? I've heard a lot of people say that exercise helps with cramping and it makes a bit of sense. Luckily I haven't had to utilize any cramping remedies. But I'm sure it would help with the emotional stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    TOM... What is that?!

I haven't had a period in almost 3 years! I just started with Vitex drops this morning and am eating raw carrots some. Two hours after the Vitex, I felt some slight cramping... surely it doesn't work that fast.

I'm going to get my sex hormones checked out next week at the docs.
    Hm, I don't know too much about Vitex. Maybe Yoyo can shed some light on that. Good that you're getting your hormones checked. Three years is quite a long time for that. I hope you can figure out what's wrong.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thursday, July 11
    MC Day 2

Sleep/Energy:
    - Woke at 3am and 5am. Fell back asleep for maybe 20 min. before my alarm went off at 7:30am…. But no sweating!
    - Energy was better than yesterday, but still very low. Concentration was out the window.

F/H/D:

- Coffee + gelatin + sugar + cocoa!
    - B: 2 eggs + Kerrygold cheddar (out of feta)
    - little coffee as vessel for a lump of sugar. This wasn't arbitrary, I was actually hungry
    - Pre L (again, hungry): large amount of mango w/ maple syrup
    - L: feta + small amount of chicken
    - S turned into D: small amount of chicken, 1/2 block (4 oz) feta, raw sugar (didn’t have anything else left at cousins' house) but then I remembered I had Guittard chocolate so I ate lots of that… straight out of the bag.
    Reasons for hunger: Day 2 of MC, little sleep past few days, few calories over the weekend

- Urgent BMs in the morning. Thank you, MC. and very gassy D:
    - Bloat was way down through the morning and after breakfast but reared up after lunch and beyond.

Supps:

- D3 and zinc
    - handful carrots
    - sun. been getting lots of sun in the past few weeks.

Skin:
    Bumpy and scabby and gross

Congestion:
    I always forget to mention this but I almost always wake up congested. It's weird because it always goes away within the hour and doesn't come back until I wake up the next morning. Is that normal? Anyway, I noticed that it was much worse this morning and lasted a bit longer than usual.

QOTD: I have a bit of an odd view/relationship with sex (or at least that's what people tell me). Any effort to explain that view is met with quizzical and uncomfortable looks, so I thought I was unusual in my views… But then I read this article: I Used To Give Out Sex Like Gold Star Stickers (And I’m Glad I Did) | Thought Catalog on TC which put it well - specifically the line, " I don’t sleep with Isaac because I am sexually attracted to him, but because I adore him as a friend and I want to be closer." That is usually the situation I m in. Anyway, I think we've talked about this in another thread, but what do you think about sex? Does it have to be love? Would you rather it be with a complete stranger than someone you are close (but not romantically involved) with? Etc…

Off to LA in the morning for the weekend. Too bad I won't be having casual sex with that friend of mine who texted me weeks ago asking for it. Gosh darn it, menstruation :/ ha.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-11-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Page 94 of 138 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast