Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 93

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I wasn't taking hormones I would definitely start charting my cycle and correlating it with my journal. The more I learn, the more I think so much of women's stuff is influenced by bloody blood
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If I wasn't taking hormones I would definitely start charting my cycle and correlating it with my journal. The more I learn, the more I think so much of women's stuff is influenced by bloody blood
    I know that a week before my cycle I'm ravenous for a few days and bloat like crazy. The next few days my appetite decreases drastically and during menstruation it's usually pretty normal but I get terrible brain fog and basically turn into a giant vegetable. However, sometimes my cycle is 24 days and sometimes it's 28 days, so I never know when it's going to happen. 'm going to start charting it more accurately to see if I can use these symptoms to predict exactly when I'll begin menstruating. That would be cool!
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

I just got a hunch this morning that you should do it! It was after reading your entry. I have a feeling it will give you more information to work with, if nothing else. And it might help you not feel so frustrated about things like energy slumps, bloating, and appetite
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I just got a hunch this morning that you should do it! It was after reading your entry. I have a feeling it will give you more information to work with, if nothing else. And it might help you not feel so frustrated about things like energy slumps, bloating, and appetite
    You are always looking out for me. I lobe you <3

I think it will help me because although I know I get these symptoms, it's always after a few days of experiencing them that it dawns on me what's going on. I wish the energy slumps and bloating only occurred during my TOM though.... The number of days I feel good out of a month are the number of days I should be seeing symptoms, not the other way around... I got 2 days of not feeling like a truck ran over me this month and 5 days of good digestion. That's it.

Wednesday, July 10
    MC Day 1 (Yeah, we gon' start this)

Sleep/Energy:
    - sucked. Woke up 3 or 4 times. Final wake up sweating.
    - sucked. Wasn't that bad this morning on an empty stomach, though. Later on felt like I was going to pass out.

F/H/D:
    - coffee + gelatin + raw sugar
    - no appetite for breakfast
    - S: more coffee + 1.5 chicken sausage (couldn't finish the second one)
    - L: same as yesterday but in diff. proportion: 1/4 chicken breast, 2 oz feta, ~400g mango + maple syrup
    - more coffee + maple
    - S turned into D: 2 fresh picked peaches (skin removed), 1.5 chicken sausage, 2 oz feta, 1/2 c. cnut ice cream and here's where it gets weird… spoon of sugar and 2 chicken legs.
    - Mango, 1/2 c. coconut milk ice cream (Don’t think I really needed that)

I guess I got over my zero appetite for dinner. End of day calculation (I'll get tired of dong this soon): None of my food was accurately measured so I had to guess, but I think it was over 2000 kcal. That's pretty good for not eating breakfast!

- BMs almost nonexistent.
    - Bloat is substantial.

Supps
    - splitting zinc into 2 days of 25g instead of 1 day of 50g
    - handful carrots (yes I'm putting these under supps)

Skin: crap
    Teeth: great! Oil and baking soda still doing their thing.

Exercise:
    I will not give up on you, jump rope! Keeping my head up and relaxed minimized the neck pain a bit but I still had to quit on less than I wanted to.
    100 revs x 5

Teh Womenly Timez:
    So I think it would be real neat if I could predict symptoms, something to the effect of being prepared that I'm going to be a bottomless pit on day n and then be constipated on day n+1 or whatever. Unfortunately all will be in hindsight for a while, but interesting nonetheless. I've started keeping track of what day I'm on under the date so I don't have to do lots of hard maths :[

June/July's Cycle: A Comprehensive Overview
    Days total: 27 (6/13-7/10)
    - 5 days early. Starts off with exhaustion, brain fog, hunger, and bloating. Appetite goes up and down sporadcally throughout the first week. Energy seems to pick up during week 2 for a short time. Acne also seems to pick up during week 2 (ovulation?).
    - Day 18 (9 days before next cycle begins) energy turns to shit
    - Day 20: Lowest energy + nausea
    - Day 21-22: Hunger and constipation
    - Day 23-25 (started new WOE) appetite decreased, smooth digestion
    - Day 26-27/Day 1 of new cycle: exhaustion, bloating, brain fog, crying for no reason! YAY!

Oh yay I get to start this all over again?? I wonder how / if things will change if I keep up this WOE. What is due to my diet and what is due to mah hormones??

QOTD to all you lovely ladies out there (Yoyo, Ci, Di, Gray, Brooke, Nameless, Derp, etc..): What tricks do you use to mitigate symptoms during your TOM? I have very light periods without cramping, but lots of hunger, fatigue, brain fog, and moodiness.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Great that you're doing this Om! Progesterone really helps BMs, which is why women notice that they 'go' more during their period (when prog) is up. It might take a few months to build up a proper picture or to see a pattern, but you're keeping the journal anyway, so it's not exactly extra work to note a day

Ci, tampons apparently are infused with some chemical that makes you bleed more. Ugh. I still use them all the time, though.

Also, random question - has anyone ever noticed that when you're just starting to see someone new, and your hormones are going crazy, you'll get your period earlier than usual?

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wednesday, July 10

QOTD to all you lovely ladies out there (Yoyo, Ci, Di, Gray, Brooke, Nameless, Derp, etc..): What tricks do you use to mitigate symptoms during your TOM? I have very light periods without cramping, but lots of hunger, fatigue, brain fog, and moodiness.
    lol

chocolate, carrot salads, and visual novels
    nihil

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Vitex (to increase progesterone) has helped my PMS symptoms (bad depression for the week before my period, culminating in the worst day being the first day of flow, feeling better the second day, and back to normal by the third; plus mild cramping, bloat, & fatique). I've always had either diarrhea or soft BMs on the first day or two of my period, but unfortunately, getting my progesterone levels up with Vitex (assuming it's working b/c of lack of aforementioned symptoms) has not affected my BM's at all. I'm interested in maybe switching to progesterone cream.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post

I just ride it out, but I have a pretty high discomfort threshold. The funny thing is that sometimes aside from the very mild cramps I have no symptoms at all. Then once in a great while I'm very moody, bitchy and irritable for a day or two while pms-ing. Exercise works for me and yeah, I too recommend chocolate.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not going to be very helpful. I don't have much PMS symptoms. Actually, I don't really have any, except I think some bloating before and during my period. I always have a huge appetite, always have difficulty concentrating, and am often irritable. I haven't noticed any of that getting worse during parts of my menstrual cycle though.

YB--the thing that you mentioned, I think it's happened to me before, i.e., getting my period early when I'm starting to see someone new. But this is all very unscientific since I've never really consistently kept track of my cycle before. I've also noticed that I tend to break out when I'm seeing someone new, which is very inconvenient and annoying.

Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast