Page 92 of 138 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 92

  1. #911
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Primal Fuel
    Tuesday, July 9

    Sleep/Energy:
    - 12:30am-7:30am (alarm) Woke up at least 5 times in the middle of the night..
    - Low energy (bad night's sleep, I understand) but it became much worse after lunch.

    F/H/D:

    - coffee + gelatin + sugar
    - B: 3 eggs + 1 oz feta (butter)
    - Small amount of coffee as a vessel for a lump of sugar
    - L: mango + maple syrup, large chicken breast + 2 oz feta
    - iced coffee + sugar
    - 6pm: bit of melon w/ a sprinkle of raw sugar
    - 8pm: 3 eggs + 1 oz feta; few cubes of mango + syrup
    - snacking on feta because I'm hungry

    I like to see if my end of the day hunger is warranted (not that it'd stop me if it wasn't) so I calculated calories… less than 1700 before feta snacking… Warranted. Glad I started buying the full fat stuff.

    - BMs lackluster all day, despite lots of coffee ..
    - Bloating (as well as energy) was very prominent after lunch.

    Supps:
    Usual + zinc. Still no Mg.

    Skin:
    Acne looking yucky again. More zinc…

    Oil Pulling
    - As mentioned earlier, teeth are not grimy for once. Even at the end of the day.

    Exercise:
    - 5 min jump rope. I would have done 10 but my neck started to hurt.
    I really think this is my "energizing" exercise. I had to force myself to start but didn't want to stop. Also I remember getting into good shape a couple of years ago when I was doing it all the time! Stupid neck…

    Putting it all together / Final thoughts:
    So after lunch I became very tired and bloated but my hands were on fire! So obviously high temperature and high metabolism aren't necessarily mutually inclusive. I'm also wondering if it was too much chicken or just too much food all at once and my body couldn't handle it. Tomorrow I’m going to try more fruit, syrup and cheese, less chicken. I also have to take into account that I'm due to get my period in the next 2-3 days so that could also be affecting my energy and digestion (which is sluggish today which could ALSO influence bloating) plus I my sleep last night was subpar… ARGH there are too many pieces to put together. I shouldn't even try :/
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  2. #912
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Whenever your BMs become lustrous, I'd like to be informed.

    Also, just wanted to add that sometimes I get very tired if I have a protein-heavy meal. I've found that if I have 40g+ protein in 1 sitting, I get the 'itis. So maybe that's what it was!
    Absolutely. You'll be the first one to know.

    Hmm, thanks! I'm going to try the same meal tomorrow but with much less protein and more carby carbs.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  3. #913
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Okay, have a lot to comment on!

    First thing that jumped out to me was your sleep. I don't think I remember you ever mentioning bad sleep before? It may be worth considering that this woe is effecting that. I sleep like shit when I'm low carb. This is what you ate the night of the shit sleep:

    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Monday, July 8
    F/H/D:
    - coffee + 2 gelatin + 1 T raw sugar
    - B: <1/3 lb gf beef patty (couldn't finish it)
    - S: 225g mango + 2 T syrup + cinnamon
    - 1c. carrot juice
    - L: 3 eggs (cnut oil) + 1oz full fat feta
    - melon + 1 T raw sugar
    - D: tuna + 1 egg + cnut aminos + 1oz feta, 1c. carrot juice
    - Rest of evening: 2 oz feta, 2 T syrup, 1.5 T raw sugar

    ~1700 kcal and a pretty even split between carbs, protein, and fat. I think I understand how much I need to eat doing this WOE now. I should be able to cut the number of meals down and stop counting.
    Even though you're getting carbs, they are mostly from sucrose(?) Maybe you need the more complex sugars from fructose or glucose?

    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Exercise:
    - 5 min jump rope. I would have done 10 but my neck started to hurt.
    I really think this is my "energizing" exercise. I had to force myself to start but didn't want to stop. Also I remember getting into good shape a couple of years ago when I was doing it all the time! Stupid neck…
    That's great you've found the exercise! Question: how tense are your muscles? Like, do you need to go for massages / have tight shoulders? Maybe your neck is hurting cos' you're tensing up to much when you're landing?

    Also, I remembered an amazing stretch that gives an insane boost of energy!! It's basically the pose in this second pic:



    If you put your foot flat against a wall, and then bend into it, you get an amazing shoot of energy emanating from your heel up your body. I don't understand how it works, but it does! I'll take a pic of me doing it later, and I'll put it in COY.

    Putting it all together / Final thoughts:
    So after lunch I became very tired and bloated but my hands were on fire! So obviously high temperature and high metabolism aren't necessarily mutually inclusive. I'm also wondering if it was too much chicken or just too much food all at once and my body couldn't handle it. Tomorrow I’m going to try more fruit, syrup and cheese, less chicken. I also have to take into account that I'm due to get my period in the next 2-3 days so that could also be affecting my energy and digestion (which is sluggish today which could ALSO influence bloating) plus I my sleep last night was subpar… ARGH there are too many pieces to put together. I shouldn't even try :/[/QUOTE]

    Temperature and metabolism are definitely not always related (according to all the research I did a few months ago). I don't really know what to suggest about the rest of it. Did you listen to your body (with it's stupid, EVIL desires)???
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #914
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Okay, have a lot to comment on!

    First thing that jumped out to me was your sleep. I don't think I remember you ever mentioning bad sleep before? It may be worth considering that this woe is effecting that. I sleep like shit when I'm low carb. This is what you ate the night of the shit sleep:



    Even though you're getting carbs, they are mostly from sucrose(?) Maybe you need the more complex sugars from fructose or glucose?
    Shit sleep is a fairly recent development, you're right. In the past Ive had short bouts if difficulty falling asleep or waking up much too early, but never waking up in the middle of the night. I woke up 3 times in the middle of the night last night as well and I've been sweating in my sleep (even when it's cool out). I'm not low carb, no, but isn't sucrose more complex than fructose and glucose? Or am I missing your point? I'm definitely getting less glucose since I'm not eating starches.... Another thought is that I haven't taken Mg for the past couple of nights and that stuff is very calming and used as an aid to help people sleep....


    That's great you've found the exercise! Question: how tense are your muscles? Like, do you need to go for massages / have tight shoulders? Maybe your neck is hurting cos' you're tensing up to much when you're landing?

    Also, I remembered an amazing stretch that gives an insane boost of energy!! It's basically the pose in this second pic:



    If you put your foot flat against a wall, and then bend into it, you get an amazing shoot of energy emanating from your heel up your body. I don't understand how it works, but it does! I'll take a pic of me doing it later, and I'll put it in COY.
    I have always had neck / shoulder pain due to hunching over because of my eyesight but recently I've been getting massages and doing a lot of stretching to loosen my muscles up. It is definitely working so I shouldn't be as tight as usual. It is possible that I'm tensing up too much in an effort to keep my posture correct. I'll work on keeping everything loose next time.

    Thanks! I'll try that stretch :]

    Temperature and metabolism are definitely not always related (according to all the research I did a few months ago). I don't really know what to suggest about the rest of it. Did you listen to your body (with it's stupid, EVIL desires)???
    Thanks a lot.... dream crusher. I did. I followed my heart the whole time... I've been wanting a lot more protein the past 2 days. Maybe that has something to do with it, as Cici suggested.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  5. #915
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Shit sleep is a fairly recent development, you're right. In the past Ive had short bouts if difficulty falling asleep or waking up much too early, but never waking up in the middle of the night. I woke up 3 times in the middle of the night last night as well and I've been sweating in my sleep (even when it's cool out). I'm not low carb, no, but isn't sucrose more complex than fructose and glucose? Or am I missing your point? I'm definitely getting less glucose since I'm not eating starches.... Another thought is that I haven't taken Mg for the past couple of nights and that stuff is very calming and used as an aid to help people sleep....

    Thanks a lot.... dream crusher. I did. I followed my heart the whole time... I've been wanting a lot more protein the past 2 days. Maybe that has something to do with it, as Cici suggested.
    Sucrose and fructose are simple sugars: starch is more complex. They all interact differently in the body but you'd need to ask Derp or Zach for more detailed info on that. Poor sleep caused by diet is kind of a tightrope... My sleep first went to shit really badly went I went veggie. The worst it ever was was when I was low carb veggie (I did this insanity twice ). I'm sleeping really well these days though, and I think it's cos' I'm getting a good ratio of sugars (from fruit) and proteins.

    Some people say however that starch helps them sleep, but I think it might be because if they didn't have the starch, they would eat the equivalent amount of sugar from fruit. Most of your sugars are coming from sucrose, from what I can see. Mayeb it just isn't enough to keep you going the night through.

    Or, it could just be the Mg...

    Easiest way to find out is to take Mg tonight, and if it doesn't work, change your diet tomorrow.

    Also, would you consider charting your cycle in your journal? Just a hunch, but I think this might help you get a clearer picture of what's going on with you. Sweats at night can be simply caused by the raise in temp that comes before menstruation.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  6. #916
    Graycat's Avatar
    Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,933
    Ombat, I went through a night sweat period over the winter. I'd wake up with my tank top and sheets all soaked. I have no clue what caused that and I also slept in a cold room. Then one night they suddenly stopped

  7. #917
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Sucrose and fructose are simple sugars: starch is more complex. They all interact differently in the body but you'd need to ask Derp or Zach for more detailed info on that. Poor sleep caused by diet is kind of a tightrope... My sleep first went to shit really badly went I went veggie. The worst it ever was was when I was low carb veggie (I did this insanity twice ). I'm sleeping really well these days though, and I think it's cos' I'm getting a good ratio of sugars (from fruit) and proteins.

    Some people say however that starch helps them sleep, but I think it might be because if they didn't have the starch, they would eat the equivalent amount of sugar from fruit. Most of your sugars are coming from sucrose, from what I can see. Mayeb it just isn't enough to keep you going the night through.

    Or, it could just be the Mg...

    Easiest way to find out is to take Mg tonight, and if it doesn't work, change your diet tomorrow.
    ...Low carb veggie? Wtf does that even...

    Sorry I'm still a little confused by what you're saying. You're saying that you believe that the sugar in fruit is helping you sleep, but that people eating starch sleep well because they are getting sugar from something other than fruit?

    I might just let it play out one more night and see what happens (3 times for a scientific experiment..) and then I'll see if Mg helps.

    Also, would you consider charting your cycle in your journal? Just a hunch, but I think this might help you get a clearer picture of what's going on with you. Sweats at night can be simply caused by the raise in temp that comes before menstruation.
    I do sometimes sweat during menstruation. Tomorrow marks the 28th day of this month's cycle so I should be menstruating very soon (which also might explain the fatigue and bloating) but I've been sweating off and on in my sleep for the past month (since I got back from SF, actually).

    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ombat, I went through a night sweat period over the winter. I'd wake up with my tank top and sheets all soaked. I have no clue what caused that and I also slept in a cold room. Then one night they suddenly stopped
    That is confusing... how long did this last?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  8. #918
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    I'm saying that there's more sugars in starch than fructose, so you give up starch but want to keep your sugar intake the same you would need to eat a lot more fruit to get the equivalent amount of sugar. Even sucrose aids sleep, but I need to eat quite a bit of it late at night to get the effect.

    Sorry, it's a half-baked theory and I'm probably not explaining it very well
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-10-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #919
    Graycat's Avatar
    Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    That is confusing... how long did this last?
    For two weeks at least and consistently. I'm not anywhere near menopause, too.

  10. #920
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm saying that there's more sugars in starch than fructose, so you give up starch but want to keep your sugar intake the same you would need to eat a lot more fruit to get the equivalent amount of sugar. Even sucrose aids sleep, but I need to eat quite a bit of it late at night to get the effect.
    Gooootcha. I'm slow, but it makes sense because I just started bleeding... Great, I get a few more days of being a complete moron.

    This could now explain the sleep problems, appetite fluctuations, etc. stupid female shit always getting in the way of my experiments!

    No wonder I almost started crying for no reason today... Or was it yesterday? Shit, my case of the morons is already setting in..

    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    For two weeks at least and consistently. I'm not anywhere near menopause, too.
    That is so strange... No idea?
    Last edited by ombat; 07-10-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Page 92 of 138 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •