Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 9

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    When you say 'universe' - do you mean you felt disconnected from life processes of creation, decay, and destruction, or from other people? Acid can be an intro or outro-spective drug - it mostly has to do with the concentration of the chemicals, but the personality of the taker also plays a huge part.

If you find those studies you know who to send them to!

Oh, and I already posted this pic but I wanted to share its awesomeness again:

The latter. It was pretty funny actually... I had become more than a bit biting and sarcastic with my friend during the comedown and flipped a 180 within moments of a tiny amount of MDA. It was an interesting study on the significantly different effects two drugs can elicit...

The only studies I can find so far have mostly been performed on animals. I'll keep looking.

I remember you posting this and loving it. No idea where she got the moldy sandwich, though...

What are the most significant / life changing thoughts or ideas you've had during a trip, YB?
    Last edited by ombat; 04-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Mushrooms and MDA

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Mushrooms and MDA

Hah - brilliant!! If only Mark knew. I hope we don't get suspended for our felonious talk! (I presume what you call "MDA" is what we over here call "MDMA"? The active ingredient in Ecstasy?)

What are the most significant / life changing thoughts or ideas you've had during a trip, YB?
    That, my friend, is a long answer
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

On an entirely unrelated note...

Zach, or anyone who's had experience with HCL,

The only time I can really remember getting bloated in the past week was when I ate lamb, which indicates a stomach acid problem to me so I'm contemplating trying HCL again. My reasoning for why it affected me so poorly in the past was because my stomach must have already been too inflamed to handle it and now that it's healed somewhat maybe it could? However I tried taking ACV with my meals about 2 weeks ago and had the same negative reactions I had to the HCL: stomach hard as a rock and somewhat sore. I have a difficult time with vinegars and fermented things in general, so do you think this was a side effect of the vinegar itself or the acid in the vinegar? If the latter, I'm sure not going to play around with HCL capsules... Any thoughts?

On an entirely unrelated note...

Zach, or anyone who's had experience with HCL,

The only time I can really remember getting bloated in the past week was when I ate lamb, which indicates a stomach acid problem to me so I'm contemplating trying HCL again. My reasoning for why it affected me so poorly in the past was because my stomach must have already been too inflamed to handle it and now that it's healed somewhat maybe it could? However I tried taking ACV with my meals about 2 weeks ago and had the same negative reactions I had to the HCL: stomach hard as a rock and somewhat sore. I have a difficult time with vinegars and fermented things in general, so do you think this was a side effect of the vinegar itself or the acid in the vinegar? If the latter, I'm sure not going to play around with HCL capsules... Any thoughts?
    Have you done the baking soda test? I hear if you snort it the high is great... Ooops, sorry! Just wanted to get back on topic
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hah - brilliant!! If only Mark knew. I hope we don't get suspended for our felonious talk! (I presume what you call "MDA" is what we over here call "MDMA"? The active ingredient in Ecstasy?)

That, my friend, is a long answer
    Hell with Mark, I'm more worried about my mother... I've linked her to this forum... Shit.

MDA is slightly different that MDMA - a bit speedier.

Ha, I hope it is.

Have you done the baking soda test? I hear if you snort it the high is great... Ooops, sorry! Just wanted to get back on topic
    I usually get out the needle for that one No I have not. I heard it's unreliable, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a shot at it.

Sunday, April 28

Food/Digestion:
    AM:
    - gelatin
    - carrot juice
    - bone broth
    Early Afternoon:
    - Tuna and egg fried rice (coconut oil, coconut aminos), enzymes
    - Applesauce (was still hungry)
    Late afternoon:
    - Hungry but donít want to eat (what is this feeling??) so I made roasted mate with maple syrup
    Evening:
    - Chicken legs (I even ate the PUFA-y skin), rice
    - Cantaloupe

- I really miss sweet potatoes :/

- Bloat pretty nonexistent in AM. A little after dinner but not terrible.
    - BMs better but not great (took extra magnesium last night and will continue to do so for a while)

Just 'cause I'm a curious person, I tracked today. Holy effing crap 1200 cals? 120g carb, 90g protein, 40g fat. That's even under the SAD tracker's recommended fat intake haha! The primal police will have my head for this. Anywho, that's roughly 40/30/30. I felt like today's intake was fairly comparable to most of the days this past week - no wonder I was so hungry yesterday (and feel like I'm losing weight)

(Lack of) food anxiety: The old me (from a whole 7 days ago) would have devoured the remaining 2/3 pint of coconut ice cream in my freezer from last night with a fervor fueled by a mix of "I haven't had anything like this is in forever! Must gorge self!" and "what if I decide tomorrow that I really shouldn't be eating this? Must gorge self!" But the new meÖ forgot it was even in there. So this is what it's like to not be completely crazy...

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 3:30-8:30 Why didn't anyone tell me to go to bed earlier??
    - No energy crash (maybe I should go to bed at 3am every dayÖ ) but I am having trouble keeping my eyes open at 8:30pm. Calling it an early night.

Temp:
    - Waking 97.8
    - 6:30pm 97.5
    - Wore a strapless dress all day. Not cold! And it's not even that warm out.

Face/Acne:
    - So bright and healthy looking. Everything is healing so well.

Activity:
    - Light body weight exercises

That's great your bloat is so reduced! Sounds like something is working for you (What have you actually changed again?!)

As long as you don't give your mum your username we should be able to snort baking soda and chow down on shitakes to our hearts content

- Ray Peat

That's great your bloat is so reduced! Sounds like something is working for you (What have you actually changed again?!)

As long as you don't give your mum your username we should be able to snort baking soda and chow down on shitakes to our hearts content
    Sugar: juice, maple syrup in tea, applesauce
    No veg: unless I juice it.
    Starch: all white rice instead of pounds of sweet potatoes, though I'm going to start adding them back soon in small amounts.
    Low fat (by accident)

Woah dude, shiitakes? I'm not that hard core.

Sugar: juice, maple syrup in tea, applesauce
    No veg: unless I juice it.
    Starch: all white rice instead of pounds of sweet potatoes, though I'm going to start adding them back soon in small amounts.
    Low fat (by accident)
    So you've basically cut back on meat, veggies and fat? God forbid! I wish my bloating was responding as easily - no matter what I eat I inflate. Food in ---- pooooof ----> goes my belly.

Why did you lose the potatoes? They seem to be one thing that don't bloat me!

- Ray Peat

Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast