Page 88 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 88

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's great your energy has come back! Will be interesting to see how this flows now as you monitor it.

So it looks like starches are not either of our friends. I have to say, this is the longest I've had energy without crashing since I can remember! It's been nearly two weeks. I definitely think the Vitex and gelatine are helping, but also I realised that daily exercise is crucial. Maybe not running in your case, but for me I realised that interval running is the only thing that gives me an exercise high. I think we all just need to find the form of activity that gives us that boost.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    I think after reading your last two entries, your issues seem to be from feeding bacteria and endotoxin buildup. Your july 5th was a day of pure bacteria feeding foods and it would have upset my stomach as well. July 6th was mostly fully digestible foods. I used to get massive energy crashes all the time, mostly from meat and starch heavy meals. I know now that ots because these foods were being digested too slowely and putrifying/feeding intestinal flora. This is really stressful and probably leads to leaky gut as well.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Yoyo, I think the first step is finding something I like to do in the first place haha. Otherwise I won't do it no matter how much energy I have... Most exercise just leaves me tired, but I enjoyed running the stairs and maybe I could get back into jump rope as well (kind of similar-ish) when the stairs aren't an option. Or I could find something new all together.

Thank you, Z (and Yo). I'm starting to come to the same conclusion about starches. And the more crappy I've realized they make me feel, the less I want them.

So, in light of that, do you suggest I just keep at a similar diet as yesterday?

Random Q: I didn't take my magnesium supp last night for the first time (I still have issues with C and transit time so obviously it's not really helping) and I woke up in the middle of the night completely parched and had to guzzle a few glasses of water. Do you think it's really been messing with my mineral that much? If so it could explain fatigue as well?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Just do my diet. :P

Drink more OJ or other fresh juice for you magnesium.

I knew you were going to say that. How do I get around:

1. Dairy still bothers me. Sheep's and goat's cheese (haven't tried milk) are okay, but even a small amount of cow's cream upsets my stomach, so I couldn't drink milk. I know you suggest adding a lot of sugar for digestibility but even ice cream gives me a stomach ache.
    2. Most fruit still upsets my stomach - orange juice, stone fruits, etc.

H-h-help? *whimpers*

Zach is offline Banned
    Quit being a baby?

Heheheehehheh, ok well whats so hard about trying some goats milk and eating a bit of goats cheese. You dont need to down tons of dairy, just enough to balance the calcium/phosphorous ratio and boost your protein intake. As for teh fruit, even fresh squeezed fucks with you? What fruits dont and eat/drink them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Quit being a baby?

Heheheehehheh, ok well whats so hard about trying some goats milk and eating a bit of goats cheese. You dont need to down tons of dairy, just enough to balance the calcium/phosphorous ratio and boost your protein intake. As for teh fruit, even fresh squeezed fucks with you? What fruits dont and eat/drink them?
    Bu-bu- can I keep my blankie?

I thought you were against a fair amount of cheese vs. milk. I will try to find goat's milk... eventually.

Yep, even fresh squeezed. A single orange doesn't seem to bother me too much, though, so I can supplement with those. The fruits that give me the least trouble are the more watery fruits like melons but they don't have enough calories. I think I do okay with mangoes, though. Found them pretty cheap frozen at Trader Joe's the other day so I'll stick with that for a while.

*sucks thumb*

Zach is offline Banned
    Im talking 2-3oz of cheese, thats no biggy. Just depends on how you digest it. Goats milk is in any decent market, plus you live in a raw state so it shouldnt be hard to find at all. What about grape juice?

I usually do 2-3 oz at a time...

Haven't tried grape juice, but grapes themselves have given me terrible cramping in the past (my guess is the skins or the yeast on the skins?) but it's possible I wouldn't have a problem now.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's a fantastic observation Zach! Makes a lot of sense.

Om, Yeah, I think it would be worth trying your yesterday's diet for a few days. THough it's worth noting that your energy started to rise and then you ate that way, no? But still, I think how we eat often reflects how we feel, and keeps fuelling a particular state, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yoyo, I think the first step is finding something I like to do in the first place haha. Otherwise I won't do it no matter how much energy I have... Most exercise just leaves me tired, but I enjoyed running the stairs and maybe I could get back into jump rope as well (kind of similar-ish) when the stairs aren't an option. Or I could find something new all together.

Random Q: I didn't take my magnesium supp last night for the first time (I still have issues with C and transit time so obviously it's not really helping) and I woke up in the middle of the night completely parched and had to guzzle a few glasses of water. Do you think it's really been messing with my mineral that much? If so it could explain fatigue as well?
    Most exercise would leave me tired too - until it clicked with me how to tap into that "energy zone". I don't really know how to explain it...

If you like running up stairs do that! Find something that is accessible and makes you feel good. Pity horse riding is so time consuming and expensive

Don't understand your question about the Mg sup - you think it's causing an imbalance in you?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 88 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast