Page 87 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 87

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    <3 My hormones were fine last I checked, even coming out of that 5 month amenorrhea stint. The energy may have to do with digestion. I still seem to crash after some meals (but not often after dinner?)a

Where's the smiley banging its head against a wall?
    Wasn't your oestrogen low? I dunno, a lot of people crash after some meals, but from what I can see you've got a cyclic energy crash cycle, like me...

I think Derp's Puff-ahhhh infers smoking

And finally:
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Wasn't your oestrogen low? I dunno, a lot of people crash after some meals, but from what I can see you've got a cyclic energy crash cycle, like me...
    It was a little low but I was a few days into my cycle so it was to be expected. Doesn't seem so cyclical when it just keeps going. Lol (I'm laughing to hide the tears)

And finally:
    Thanks, doll
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Thursday, July 4

Sleep/Energy:
    - 11:30pm-6am
    - Felt perfectly fine until 10am - crashed hard and slept for an hour. Crashed again around 5 but didn't sleep. Energy picked up significantly around 6 - enough to make exercise seem feasible - but after a couple sets of pushups and jumping squats I felt dizzy and tired again.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: chicken scrambled into 3 eggs (butter) w/ sriracha, small yam w/ butter, cinnamon, and salt. Finally, a breakfast I can be proud of.
    - med. mango
    - L: pesto cheeseburger (1/3 lb) w/ slice of tomato (just for show, I didn't eat it), fries (1 potato baked w olive oil)+ ketchup (organic. oooOOOooooOOOhhh)
    - handful chocolate chips (I was actually hungry 2 hrs after lunch…)
    - Throughout the evening: handful salted carrots; ~1/2 c. chocolate chip mint coconut milk ice cream; a couple- I mean, 5- rice cakes (I wanted real rice but there wasn't any in the house), bit of feta cheese

- Started out very bloated. A little pain/soreness
    - No real BM which of course adds to the bloat

Supps:
    Usual. Extra Mg tonight due to lack of BMs

Today was the ultimate recovery day. Recovering from what, I'm still not quite sure… but all I did was eat, sleep, water the lawn, play the uke, and watch what even I consider too many episodes of Heartland. I had planned on taking the bus downtown to run an errand but couldn't be bothered to muster up the gumption it would take to do more than walk to the market. The best part about today - other than the pesto cheeseburger - was that there was zero guilt. Had I been home I would have forced myself to go out to appear less pathetically lazy to my housemate. But, house sitting for the cousins while they are away, I was alone and free to do as I chose sans judgmental eyes… Ok, the kitties are a little judgmental but I told them to STFU or else they were only getting dry kibble for dinner. And the cool thing was, by the end of the day, I actually had enough energy to exercise a bit! When was the last time THAT happened?? I'll answer. It was over 2 weeks ago at the least.

My goal today was - If I was hungry enough, and I was - to feed myself like I had a perpetual hangover. Or something like that. And it felt so good! Until about 5pm when I started to feel a little nauseous (I'm starting to think it's the chocolate chips? I'm noticing a pattern) and my stomach started to feel sore. I didn't think I was hungry enough for dinner, but that coconut ice cream caught my eye and after that I developed the same problem as last night: empty pit feeling with nothing particular in mind to fill me up. The feta cheese definitely hit the spot, though.

It was nice to be back in the kitchen as well; cooking used to be a passion of mine but it's since turned into a chore. However, today I enjoyed prepping, thinking about flavor combinations, plating, etc. I wouldn't call making a burger and fries really cooking , but it was more effort than I've put into preparing a meal in quite some time. I kind of feel like an athlete after a traumatizing accident (and that is the extent to which I feel like an athlete…); I have to start somewhere. Can't just jump back into the game like nothing happened. Alright, alright…. I'm being a bit dramatic. I even would have made the pesto from scratch hadn't they had a perfectly good jar of it in the fridge.

Anywho, overall I feel pretty good - well taken care of. At 9:30pm it's still very light out here but the fireworks are starting anyway. I think I'm more scared than the kitties o_o

Mmm delicious cheeseburger.
    pesto cheeseburger july 4 2013.jpg
    Y'all thought it was gonna be another picture of my belly, didn'tcha?
    Last edited by ombat; 07-04-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    That burger actually looks sooooo good. Look a lot better than most of the burgers you'd get at a fast good joint, lol.
    Aaaand now I'm craving a cheeseburger.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    What exactly are those steps?

I seriously don't know what approach I should be taking. Should I be minimizing PUFAs, finding what's most easily digestible, etc. or just eating whatever I want / sounds good to me (which usually includes chicken, pork, or fish). It's either a physical or emotional route. What if my problems deal with both... ramble ramble ramble...
    Niancinamide, aspirin, and vitamin e.

And the PUFFFF AAAAH thing I was referring to was the puffy appearance and screaming "ahhh".
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I've been there. Days when I felt like I'd been hit by a truck... For no apparent reason, either!

Doesn't seem so cyclical when it just keeps going.
    How long have you been feeling like this? The reason I said cyclical is cos' I thought I observed that you go through bouts where you feel really energised, and then you crash? (Or is that just me )

I'll tell you what's helping me atm -
    - Running
    - Eating Fruit mostly
    - Taking Vitex

Well, I don't know which of these are helping the most, but I started doing all three at the same time and I feel pretty great

I think Derp's Puff-ahhhh infers smoking
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    the PUFFFF AAAAH thing I was referring to was the puffy appearance and screaming "ahhh".
    Haha
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    That burger actually looks sooooo good. Look a lot better than most of the burgers you'd get at a fast good joint, lol.
    Aaaand now I'm craving a cheeseburger.
    Thanks! I sent that pic to my mom and she goes, "Where'd you get that from??" haha! Silly Mama...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Niancinamide, aspirin, and vitamin e.

And the PUFFFF AAAAH thing I was referring to was the puffy appearance and screaming "ahhh".
    Aspirin won't hurt my tummy? I've been reading a bit about it on Peat's.

Yeah, yeah, I got it... Yoyo's just a little slow...

Dude, I've been there. Days when I felt like I'd been hit by a truck... For no apparent reason, either!

How long have you been feeling like this? The reason I said cyclical is cos' I thought I observed that you go through bouts where you feel really energised, and then you crash? (Or is that just me )

I'll tell you what's helping me atm -
    - Running
    - Eating Fruit mostly
    - Taking Vitex

Well, I don't know which of these are helping the most, but I started doing all three at the same time and I feel pretty great
    I was feeling very low energy in SF and I don't think I've recovered much since... So, 3 weeks? I also feel like I had better energy eating fruit. I think all these starches are making me feel sluggish... Running is not really an option because of asthma and Vitex I haven't looked much into. But I saw that it seemed to increase your energy in a major way.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Aspirin won't hurt my tummy? I've been reading a bit about it on Peat's.
    Not sure, if you have low stomach acid it would cause a problem, I believe.
    nihil

Probably, Derp, I don't know.

Friday, July 5

Sleep/Energy:
    - S: 12am-8:30am. woke refreshed
    -E: Good energy all morning running around doing errands downtown. Got sleepy about an hour after I returned (around 2pm) and slept for ~20 min. Energy picked way up around 6 (actually wanted to start jogging while I walked to the store) but took a nose dive at 8pm. I tried desperately to stay awake so I wouldn't fuck up getting to bed at a reasonable hour but ended up falling asleep anyway for a little over an hour.

I think a lot of it is food related… EDIT: (because apparently I can't finish a train of thought). I seem to crash about 2 hours after every meal. This was the first time I had energy throughout the morning... because I didn't eat breakfast?

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: attempted a sweet potato and a burger patty but could only choke a few bites down…
    - L: at Pike's market: ~3/4 mini loaf of GF pumpkin bread, ~6 dates
    - Melon
    - D: leftover breakfast + 3 eggs w/ a little sriracha
    - Melon (1 lb total)

So I guess this all kind of backfired. I was more bloated today than I've been in quite some time (totally my bad on the dates, for sure) and the pain of trapped gas was starting to radiate around to my back, so… I enemad (yes, it's a verb now). I know I probably shouldn't but I really, really, really do not like the idea of food rotting in my body and it was starting to become painful. I actually had a small BM in the afternoon but I knew nothing else was coming. I'm not much less bloated now but I've gotten rid of a lot of gas. I'll probably do it again tomorrow since the 2nd time is sometimes even more effective.. I also bought instant coffee (I know it's not optimal but I want to drink it early before I spend an hour driving home…) to help get things moving too…

So clearly not giving a fuck isn't working either? I'm thinking for the next few days I'm going to stick with broths, juices, gelatin, eggs, and syrup to get my stomach to calm down. ??? Ugh.

Supps:
    - Usual. Forgot gelatin, though I'm sure it wouldn't have helped anyway.

Skin:
    - The "tackies" are still on my back. I got them while I was in SF 3 weeks ago…
    - New cyst…

Temp:
    Just cause I took it: 97.7 waking.

Last edited by ombat; 07-06-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday, July 6

Sleep/Energy:
    - 12am-8am (woke once before that). Surprised that I got to bed so quickly after my evening nap
    - High energy throughout the morning in a semi-fasted state (fasting high) and kept that energy up all day. Think it has anything to do with giving my tummy a break?

F/H/D:
    - 8:30am: coffee w/ gelatin and sugar
    - 1pm: bowl of broth w/ 4 poached eggs
    Rest of day:
    - couple sips of syrup (wasn't hungry but was going out for a few hours)
    - 16oz carrot juice + 15g gelatin. Don't ever, ever put this much gelatin into cold liquidÖ Especially if it's Great Lakes. I almost puked. Had to heat it up and turn it into carrot jello.
    - 1/4 sugar kiss (small) melon, few spears cantaloupe + ~ 1.5 TBS maple syrup + cinnamon
    - 2 eggs (coconut oil) + ~2oz feta
    - rest of sugar kiss melon

I donít know if that's a lot of food or not - it's hard for me to gauge things like liquids, gelatin, and syrup - I just ate a little bit every time I got hungry. Luckily I was only out for a few hours today so it wasn't an issue.

- Multiple BMs after coffee. No need for 2nd enema.
    - Bit of bloat by the end of the day, but it's all the liquids and watery fruit I'm sure

Supps
    Usual + 25mg zinc - D3 (forgot)

Exercise! What? EXERCISE??
    You heard me. I had enough energy today to exercise. Happily reunited with my pull up bar, I did about a dozen throughout the day (some overhand, some underhand) but theeen I went to campus and ran stairs in one of the buildings: 4 flights of stairs x 4, walking or jogging down the hall once I got to the top floor. It felt really good to move my ass and work up a tiny bit of sweat that wasn't due to the heat. It didn't induce any asthmatic symptoms either. Yay!