Page 86 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 86

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like to eat my Thin Cakes with hot sauce. Or cheese--I make little cheese sandwiches with them. Or sun butter (really bad--PUFA!) I'm making myself hungry.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    It's kind of early, but I'm pretty much done for the night...

Wednesday, July 3

Sleep/Energy:
    - 10:30pm-6:30am, lounged til 7:30am.
    - Despite getting the longest sleep I've gotten in days, my energy was the absolute lowest. I felt like I physically couldn't keep my eyes open - they actually just kept shutting. Energy picked up very briefly right after lunch and then again late afternoon. I've been fine since then.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:

- B: 3 rice cakes, 2 chicken sausages…. handful of choc chips (was still hungry)
    - iced coffee w/ simple syrup
    - L: 1/2 sweet potato, large chicken breast, couple slices of mango and melon, handful choc chips
    - handful salted carrots
    - D: yam w/ choc chips melted into it (holy fuck. I remember seeing Choco do something like this a long time ago. Can't believe I just tried it). 2 chicken drums
    - Large hunk of feta…. 1 egg + more feta…. yoghurt + maple syrup + raspberry jam…. more raspberry jam… more yoghurt (~2 cups yoghurt total)

*sigh* okay. After lunch I felt so nauseous that I could barely breathe for about 4 hours. A couple of times I went to the bathroom thinking I was actually going to be sick to my stomach. When I got home from work the nausea went away, I had some carrots, and was hungry soon after so I made dinner. After dinner I was craving a cheeseburger for some reason? But red meat alone didn't appeal to me, so I ate some cheese. Then I ate an egg with cheese. I was still hungry so I ate some yoghurt, topped it with stuff, ate more etc. It's all above. After my after-dinner meal, my chest was so tight and painful but I still had an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach. I decided to stop eating anyway because I was already so uncomfortable and nothing in particular actually sounded good to me; I just wanted "food". I tried to give myself a belly massage for the insane bloat/distention I induced but it was way too painful. I still can't stop thinking about cheeseburgers. And my chest feels like it's about to rip open. I feel like I'm going to vomit…. Again

- BMs: a couple of loose ones
    -Bloat: woke up a bit bloated again. That plus the hunger must mean I'm getting my period sometime in the next 7 days (yes, I usually deal with extra bloating for a full 7 days before getting my period). Fuck everyone. I hate everything.

Supps:
    - usual. extra 2000 IUs of D3

Skin:
    - getting better

Temp:

Like I mentioned in Zach's journal today, my temp went up .6 degrees after dinner (lots of chocolate) and I started sweating. I have notice my pulse increase significantly after eating chocolate but have never documented a temp change.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Have you tried HCL and/or digestive enzymes? That hollow feeling is alleviated for me (esp. with meals w/ cheese) when I take digestive enzymes. I also started taking peppermint oil capsules 30-60 min before I eat and it makes my stomach feel better after meals.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zach is offline Banned
    Om, why didnt you just eat a fucking cheeseburger? God damn im sorry shit is so bad! Somethings gotta change, eh?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Aww gurl... I'm sorry to read that

I know this tiredness is part of a cycle for you, so I don't know what to suggest, other than getting your hormones checked, and possibly eating a cheeseburger? Hugs.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Have you tried HCL and/or digestive enzymes? That hollow feeling is alleviated for me (esp. with meals w/ cheese) when I take digestive enzymes. I also started taking peppermint oil capsules 30-60 min before I eat and it makes my stomach feel better after meals.
    Yep, tried them both. HCL made my stomach sore and possibly more bloated. Digestive enzymes do nothing for me at best. Maybe I need mega doses or something, but I don't have 100$ a month to spend on enzymes...

I was drinking peppermint tea for a while. Didn't notice anything. By better do you mean less bloated? Less painful?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Om, why didnt you just eat a fucking cheeseburger? God damn im sorry shit is so bad! Somethings gotta change, eh?
    Seemed stupid to go out and get one at 8 o'clock at night... I'm not an animal! Maybe I should have. Now I just want french fries.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Aww gurl... I'm sorry to read that

I know this tiredness is part of a cycle for you, so I don't know what to suggest, other than getting your hormones checked, and possibly eating a cheeseburger? Hugs.
    <3 My hormones were fine last I checked, even coming out of that 5 month amenorrhea stint. The energy may have to do with digestion. I still seem to crash after some meals (but not often after dinner?)a

Where's the smiley banging its head against a wall?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried really minimizing PUFA for a while, and what are your serotonin levels?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

how long is a while? I was only conscientious about it for a short time - not eating chicken or pork.

I have no idea.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    At least 2 weeks while taking steps to make sure the already circulating PUFA isn't released from the cells. It can be pronounced "puff aaaahhh" for a reason!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

What exactly are those steps?

I seriously don't know what approach I should be taking. Should I be minimizing PUFAs, finding what's most easily digestible, etc. or just eating whatever I want / sounds good to me (which usually includes chicken, pork, or fish). It's either a physical or emotional route. What if my problems deal with both... ramble ramble ramble...