Page 85 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 85

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    @Diene, the cakes I eat are ThinCakes too, but they're made from non-GMO corn. I like them better than the rice cakes, because they taste kind of like popcorn, and they are lower in calories than the rice cakes of the same brand. I dunno if you're totallllllly against corn or anything, though. But the non-GMO, certified organic label definitely swayed me. The only downside is that it's soooo easy to eat a bunch of them cause I like them so much. lol
    I've seen the corn cakes. Unfortunately, corn is on my never eat list. That way, I'll never be tempted to eat nachos.

Ombat: The flavored Quaker rice cakes are definitely inedible (artificial flavoring crap). I've never looked at the label of unflavored Quaker rice cakes though. They're probably not organic either. Oy, what to do.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    They probably taste like crap too, which I'm not interested in. I'll just stick to the Lundberg for now and try not to eat too many.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I got a package of non-gmo thincakes at wholefoods a couple of weeks ago. So much better than any rice cake I've tried. I think I ate most of them with mustard. Lol

I really like the taste of the Lundberg brown rice cakes. I don't know why, but sincerely, I do. I've had the corn thincakes before, though, and they are good.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I used to love Corn Thins....

And those rice cakes with honey and chocolate on them... which I used to eat, believing they were the less fattening sweet option. Would have been better off with a kitkat chunky!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've had buckwheat crackers. Probably the worst thing I've ever eaten to be "healthy". They were literally like cardboard, even with hummus!

How 'bout honey and chocolate on kitkat bars??

N, I never liked most buckwheat items, especially groats. Gah, the taste is awful.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    How 'bout honey and chocolate on kitkat bars??
    There's no need to tamper with perfection

LOL - every time I see my avatar I laugh!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Has anybody tried the chestnut crispbread crackers? They taste good.

They are made with rice flour and chestnut flour... Only .5 grams fat per serving so PUFA isn't a big worry. I got a box at Marshall's the other day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have never seen those.... Marshall's sells food? o_O