Page 84 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 84

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna start trying the alcohol supp! For... science, you know? What are you using?

Also, I don't know if I've said this to you before,but have you heard that topical coconut oil can cause acne for some people?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol bloats me something fierce! I would imagine that if it's helping, it's only to keep things moving and not really fixing anything =\ I am trying magnesium again (with meals and before bed) and peppermint oil (before meals). It's helping with the gassy-ness a lot, but the constipation is still kind of an issue. It's only been a few days w/ these supplements though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I like to take shots of vodka with maple syrup. Gin though. Can't imagine taking shots of gin. Gross!

Hey, what kind/brand of rice cakes do you eat? The only kind I've found that doesn't have crap in it are Thin Cakes, but they only have brown rice cakes. I'd like to find white rice cakes cuz trying not to eat too much brown rice.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I was at that bus stop. I heard you screaming and it upset me so much I couldn't make eye contact. <3
    Oh, gosh... you! You're just saying that! <3

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm gonna start trying the alcohol supp! For... science, you know? What are you using?

Also, I don't know if I've said this to you before,but have you heard that topical coconut oil can cause acne for some people?
    Mostly gin, sometimes whiskey (usually Jack). I'm starting to think it works best with soda like coke or tonic rather than straight up.

Oh yes I'm not discounting that, but I have noticed that my acne is much worse when I don't use it, and, conversely, much better when I apply it liberally (not drowning in it or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Alcohol bloats me something fierce! I would imagine that if it's helping, it's only to keep things moving and not really fixing anything =\ I am trying magnesium again (with meals and before bed) and peppermint oil (before meals). It's helping with the gassy-ness a lot, but the constipation is still kind of an issue. It's only been a few days w/ these supplements though.
    What kind of alcohol? for instance, I get the worst rumblings and stomach pain from wine but not from hard alcohol (yeast, plus I can't even eat whole grapes without getting a stomach ache).

Magnesium citrate tablets have helped me a lot! How much are you taking? Also, if you are already backed up, you might need to take care of that with something a little more... involved... before the magnesium will be effective. I.e. doing a mag citrate (liquid) flush (though sometimes this makes me feel even worse)... Ever administered your own enema?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Oh, I like to take shots of vodka with maple syrup. Gin though. Can't imagine taking shots of gin. Gross!

Hey, what kind/brand of rice cakes do you eat? The only kind I've found that doesn't have crap in it are Thin Cakes, but they only have brown rice cakes. I'd like to find white rice cakes cuz trying not to eat too much brown rice.
    I can take shots of anything (is a winky face mandatory here?). I enjoy the taste of gin to begin with but often when drinking it straight I'm drinking lime infused gin so it's even better / less gin-y.

I eat Lundberg (brown rice) cakes. They are organic, non-GMO brown rice and salt only. They don't seem to bother me any more than other foods, so I continue to eat them. I think Quaker makes white rice cakes? I dont' know what the ingredients are but I've been thinking of trying them, as it's probably best if I don't eat so much brown rice either.

Cici they are on my dresser at home. I'm pretty much at a baseline right now so I'll start supping with them when I get home this weekend!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oh yes I'm not discounting that, but I have noticed that my acne is much worse when I don't use it, and, conversely, much better when I apply it liberally (not drowning in it or anything).
    Ah, you're one of the people who it helps so! What's your skin type, out of interest?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hmm... I guess I'm not having straight alcohol, but a shot of tequila bloated me last weekend. I usually have a little beer and mixed drinks. I don't have wine often, but i don't think it bothers me as much. Yeast used to be an issue for me, but I don't think it is anymore. Not sure!

I'm taking 800 mg of mag citrate now (started with 600, but it didn't seem like enough). I think I played "catch up" on the weekend (lots of trips to the bathroom, nothing unpleasant, but DAMN there was a lot), things have slowed down since. The last time I tried it, I only took it at bedtime and it didn't work (and then epsom salts were TOO effective). My stomach feels a lot better and I'm less bloated than when I was using inositol, Threelac, and colostrum (thinking I was feeding the bacteria too much). If I need to get things moving, I'll probably go with a small amount of epsom salts (in juice because that shit tastes foul) and then re-hydrate like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ah, you're one of the people who it helps so! What's your skin type, out of interest?
    Very lucky! Other types of oil (I tried oil cleansing for a while) made me much worse, though o_o I suppose I'm more often dry than oily? I don't think I'm predominately one way or the other.

Hmm... I guess I'm not having straight alcohol, but a shot of tequila bloated me last weekend. I usually have a little beer and mixed drinks. I don't have wine often, but i don't think it bothers me as much. Yeast used to be an issue for me, but I don't think it is anymore. Not sure!

I'm taking 800 mg of mag citrate now (started with 600, but it didn't seem like enough). I think I played "catch up" on the weekend (lots of trips to the bathroom, nothing unpleasant, but DAMN there was a lot), things have slowed down since. The last time I tried it, I only took it at bedtime and it didn't work (and then epsom salts were TOO effective). My stomach feels a lot better and I'm less bloated than when I was using inositol, Threelac, and colostrum (thinking I was feeding the bacteria too much). If I need to get things moving, I'll probably go with a small amount of epsom salts (in juice because that shit tastes foul) and then re-hydrate like a mofo.
    Beer could be an issue for multiple reasons as well as mixed drinks depending on the mixer. For instance, alcohol mixed with soda: no problem. Alcohol mixed with some cheap margarita mix: hell no.

Hmm, the fact that you went so much at once could also contribute to a slow down (this has happened to me). It also helps if you drink a good amount of water with it. Keep playing around with it, as well as paying attention to what foods constipate you. I have never consumed epsom salts orally. Sounds delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Okay, wellllll i dunno if I told you before, either (i forget everything) but you should definitely only take one capsule, at night, a couple hours before bed. so that when things *happen* it'll be in the morning and it won't ruin your day. I'm sure you're a smart cookie though and would've done that any way. Aloe is not a morning supplement at all.
    Oh yes I always experiment with these kinds of things at night! Thanks!

Oh no, I mean like fruit juice & alcohol. I don't use "mixes" or soda.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh no, I mean like fruit juice & alcohol. I don't use "mixes" or soda.
    Oh good. Some of those mixes are absolutely disgusting.