Page 83 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 83

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Im still on the fence about noopept. Guess it doesnt give people super powers or anything, so meh.

P.s too bad its not 1996 AOL style, we could chatroom it up.
    Haha, no, and I think it depends on the person and how intense you stimulate your mind before you notice any real cognitive enhancements. Such as, information recall, speed of reading, comprehension(this could be what Ombat is calling brain fog) -- I noticed these things being mildly impaired, or what I perceived as being mildly impaired about half way through taking noopept, but it was only because after taking noopept, that ability was turned ON, after being OFF, and I hit some sort of downregulation after not taking it. For example, when reading some postmodernist literature, which is usually simple to read for me, I'd sometimes have to read the same page more than once to make sure I comprehended and remembered all the information. Impairment on short term memory, too?

For others, it's usually noticeable if you're battling anxiety, mostly social(anti-social behavior, or worse, aspergers), but I'm definitely someone who is more depressed than the average person, I think too much, and I have really bad anxiety, which I try to combat via stimulants, the brain fog(cholinergics, eugeroics, methylxanthines) and relax with the downers. Anxiety in itself causes brain fog and learned helplessness. There are a lot of things at play when it comes to this, I think, digestion comes to mind too -- not only of the noopept(especially taking tabs), but in general.

Sublingual dosing is much more potent too, than dissolving, or tablets. I think another go around, she'll probably find it more effective in a good way.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-30-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Got mine from new star nootropics. If smell is any indication, theirs is pretty potent.

By way of spaciness - when I started it up again - I took it in the morning upon waking and, two days in a row, by the next few hours I felt like I was not cognizant of time and space around me. I quit 2 days in because I was driving and realized I was completely unaware during a good 2-3 minutes of my route. That is not okay.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Interesting - I used to have social anxiety but not for years now.

Sunday, June 30

Sleep/Energy:
    - 4am-noon. Up a few times between 7-10. Have never slept in that late before.
    - Energy is not bad, surprisingly

Food/Digestion:
    - 1/4 lb roast turkey, few bites of potato (threw the rest away. not appealing), few bites of feta
    - 24oz Jamba smoothie (peach mango strawberry) drank over the course of an hour. 59g of sugar, y'all
    - 1/2 sweet potato, 1 can of tuna +2 eggs (butter) + coconut aminos; chocolate chips
    - swigs of gin

Not very hungry until evening.

- BMs: late afternoon
    - Bloat: pretty significant after the Jamba, even though I drank it very slowly. Gassy in evening as well. Damnit, fruit. However, by now it is much better than it was yesterday and the day before!

Supps:
    - Last night: alcohol, weed, hookah (Tacoma Rain flavor. Lolz)
    - Today: usual (gelatin, D3, Mg, niacinaide) + zinc + alcohol

Body Comp and Optimal Diet
    So I took my measurements today and everything is the same except that the area around my navel seems to be up by 1 inch. This of course is my most difficult area to measure because of bloat, but I try to keep it consistent. Also, photos I took of myself yesterday in the style of my photos in my intro post to COY shows that this may be accurate. Other than that, I feel like I have leaned out in general in the past 1.5 weeks, or, since coming back from SF (where I pigged out like crazy). EDIT: to clarify, I mean that I leaned out DURING the five days I was pigging out like crazy. This plus other factors (i have gotten barely any exercise during this time) has led me to believe that my optimal diet (not taking into account bloat / digestion) may be low fat, moderate carbs and protein. I'm going to continue like this and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I was already doing that. What I mean is more starches and sugar, less coconut milk ice cream, etc. i'm also gravitating away from dairy and cheese. Yoghurt still appeals to me at times, but other dairy just doesn't make me feel good at all (rather heavy). I'm also coming back around to wanting more meat - still not red meat, but chicken, pork, etc.

So, regardless of the high temps today, I might also be sweating because my temp is 99.0 deg. Orz. I think the alcohol actually helps with the heat. My housemate confirmed that she experiences the same thing. Anyway, off to my cousins' basement. It's about 10 degrees cooler down there.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-01-2013 at 05:14 AM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ombat, regarding the IUD. I had a copper one for 8 months. The insertion isn't a big deal. It was painful, but the pain only lasts for like a second. (The most painful part is when they insert the sound to measure your uterus. They will probably do this twice, which sucks. In my case, she did it three times. The insertion of the IUD didn't hurt at all.) The cramping and heavy periods are the worst during the first few months. They will both get better as time progresses. My periods are heavy without the IUD, and they're even heavier with the IUD. But that didn't really bother me. I never (and I mean NEVER) experienced menstrual cramps before the IUD (seriously, I didn't even think that they were real, I thought girls just made them up to get out of gym class). The cramps were not horribly bad or anything, but I also have a high pain tolerance. I only had to take ibuprofen once per cycle (the day before the bleeding actually starts was the worst, I think) during the first three months after insertion. By the time I had mine removed (8 months later), the cramps were almost completely gone. My period was still heavy, but it was getting lighter. It probably would have returned to normal after a few more months.

Also, during the first few months, you might sometimes experience a very mild pain in your uterus for no reason (at random times during the month). It will feel as if you can feel the IUD in there. A lot of people are freaked out by this and have the thing removed. But the discomfort is pretty mild, and you can pretty much ignore it. And it doesn't last forever. It goes away after a few months.

You may or may not remember that I had mine removed because I suspected that it had made me gain weight. At this point, I'm pretty sure that the IUD had nothing to do with my weight gain, and I will probably get another one at some point in the future. I haven't decided yet--only because I read that the way the copper IUD works (they think--it's not completely understood) is that it causes chronic low-grade inflammation of the endometrium, and I don't know how I feel about that. But it really is the best option, aside from condoms, I think.

The removal is super easy. It doesn't hurt at all. So I guess my point is that you should probably just give it a shot. Can always have it removed if you don't like it, but try to stick it out for at least 6 months because all of the really annoying side effects go away after the first couple months.

A shot of whiskey beforehand is probably a good idea. You should also bring some ibuprofen because you'll have some cramping after the insertion. It wasn't horribly bad for me, and I went to work after I had it inserted. But I've read online that some people get pretty bad cramps the day of the insertion.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me!

It's really not the pain I'm worried about. I have a relatively high pain threshold and I'm not squeamish in any way, really. I have pretty light and short periods naturally with zero cramping so it would be a bummer to suddenly experience the opposite but I could deal with it for a few months I suppose.

The only thing that is causing me to hesitate is the inflammatory response I might experience due to having a foreign, metal object shoved up my body. I feel like I already deal with (or have dealt with) enough inflammation (joints, gut, etc) and Im unsure if I'm comfortable doing that to my body.

Meh. (<- interesting argument, huh?)

Monday, July 1

Sleep/Energy:
    - 12am-7:30am - woke up around 4:30 with painful C Jamba maybe?
    - Super crap energy all day, despite coffee and sugar. Feel more motivated than normal, however.

Food/Digestion:
    - 3 rice cakes w/ a little butter, smoked salmon
    - 1/2 c. coffee w/ 2 sugar cubes
    - med. sweet potato w/ cinamon, large chicken breast.
    - iced coffee w/ 2 packets of sugar
    - handful baby carrots
    - salmon w/ a little pesto, small sweet potato w/ a little butte
    - Big handful chocolate chips

- painful C around at 4:30am but a belly massage… shifted things around? I dunno.
    - BMs after coffee
    - Bloat standard. Went down after the coffee induced BM

Supps
    Usual. No alcohol tonight. Just not feelin' it. But I am so close to 2 weeks… maybe I'll take a swig right before bed.

Skin:
    - Overall skin looks better despite scabs and a few new white heads
    - I am TAN! Ok, that's misleading. I am NOT TRANSPARENT. I haven't been tan in ages, despite summers working 9 hour days outdoors because I would apply SPF 900 sunscreen. Cool

Boring day: Work. Eat. Work. Bus. Eat. Make virtual googly eyes at Zach and Derp. Eat.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the potential inflammation sucks. It would also be problematic if you have a copper allergy. (If you break out in hives after having it inserted, you'll know that you have a copper allergy.)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yo dude

regarding your measurements - how do you feel that you've leaned out if your measurements are the same?

Also, my diet is gravitating in the exact opposite direction to you atm! Right now I'm mainly eating fruit and dairy. No desire to eat starch (I don't think it's my friend) and the gelatine is replacing all former meat cravings. Why does that always sound wrong?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Yeah, the potential inflammation sucks. It would also be problematic if you have a copper allergy. (If you break out in hives after having it inserted, you'll know that you have a copper allergy.)
    Oh, would that be the indication? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yo dude

regarding your measurements - how do you feel that you've leaned out if your measurements are the same?

Also, my diet is gravitating in the exact opposite direction to you atm! Right now I'm mainly eating fruit and dairy. No desire to eat starch (I don't think it's my friend) and the gelatine is replacing all former meat cravings. Why does that always sound wrong?
    That is a very good question and something I was going to expand upon before my brain melted. My upper body (arms, shoulders) and legs feel thinner. It's probably because I've barely done any strength exercises in over 2 weeks and I'm losing whatever muscle I had started to gain. I only had taken my standard measurements, though, so I don't know for certain.

Ha, yeah, just read that in your journal. Oh noes! Does this mean that we're actually two different people now? I don't think starch is really my friend either but I want it so I eat it. END OF DISCUSSION *she screams at herself*

Still love a big, juicy piece of meat in my mouth.

Tuesday, July 2

Sleep/Energy:
    - ~12am-6:30am (no reason to wake up then)
    - Energy is still shit. Debilitating shit. I know I was just sick but it's been like this for a while.

Food/Digestion:
    - 3 rice cakes, smoked salmon
    - 1/2 c. coffee w/ 2 sugar cubes
    - green curry with (practically zero) chicken and bamboo shoots + scoop of rice; ~16 oz coke
    - handful carrots
    - 2 chicken legs (w/ skin and gelatin) + BBQ sauce (good ingredients), 1/2 large sweet potato
    - couple swigs gin
    - shot of gin on ice w/ maple syrup (didn't realize my cousins were going to want to have drinks. oh well, extra gin!)

-BMs: plenty of them
    -woke up bloated: last night was the first night I didn't drink alcohol in 11 days and the first time since then that I woke up bloated. I didn’t eat anything unusual, so unless it's some bizarre coincidence or I'm getting my period early or something, then the alcohol really does help?? End of the day bloat is not much different from morning bloat which is relieving.

Supps:
    Usual, but forgot D3

Skin:
    - skin on chest is peeling (from my sunburn over 1 week ago?)
    - face still scabby…
    - has nothing to do with MY skin, but my mom told me that a girl in her office took my advice to use coconut oil on her face and said it cleared up her acne. BATTY: 1

I hate it when I try to make a spectacle of myself and it doesn't work!
    My friend called me while I was waiting for the bus:
    Him: "Who's within earshot of you right now?"
    Me: "All of downtown Seattle. SO DON'T EVER CHEAT ON ME WITH THAT DIRTY SLUT EVER AGAIN!"
    And no one even looked at me!