Page 81 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 81

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The racing heart could be from all the chocolate? 105bpm is quite a lot, but when I eat a lot of cake or chocolate my heart rate goes crazy.

Wonder if the fungus thing has gone cos of the alcohol! What have you been "supplementing"? I'm tempted to try it too! Glass of Jameson every evening... mmmm

Btw, Diene just had one of those IUD things removed. You could ask her about it...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I heard that those IUD things are no bueno. I wanted to get one, and looked up information about it, and I read that it can stab your partner in painful ways, get lodged in awkward positions and always hurt, and can perforate the uterus and cause all sorts of horrible stuff to happen. I've been searching for an alternative to the pill for a while now, but I haven't found anything that I would rather use. I almost did Dopa-Provera (or however you spell it -- the monthly shot thing) but I read horror stories of women who gained 30lbs+ for seemingly no reason in a very short period of time, with horrible menstural cycles and just a miserable time in general. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but I don't want you to have a bad time with stuff in that department, either.

P.S. I think that your increased heart rate could be from alcohol consumption? Just taking a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The racing heart could be from all the chocolate? 105bpm is quite a lot, but when I eat a lot of cake or chocolate my heart rate goes crazy.

Wonder if the fungus thing has gone cos of the alcohol! What have you been "supplementing"? I'm tempted to try it too! Glass of Jameson every evening... mmmm

Btw, Diene just had one of those IUD things removed. You could ask her about it...
    Ah, I don't know. I guess I'll continue to read up on it and think about it. My mom has had 3 inserted in her lifetime and never had a problem, so I'm hoping I inhereted an IUD loving uterus? And I'm not interested in the IUD for convenience, I'm interested in it because it's non-hormonal. My only other option would be a low dose progesterone ring or something (the kind you put in and take out yourself) because I refuse to take estrogen/estradiol. Apparently those are so localized that your body doesn't really notice the hormones anyway Do you think that is more or less unwise? I really don't like any of these options... I'll ask Di about her experience unless she chimes in here.

I don't think the increased heart rate was due to the alcohol. When I got home after going out last night it was down to 87 bpm and I had consumed 2 more drinks. I think it was the chocolate and the fact that I had a fever.

Yoyo, maybe!? I've had alcohol every day for the past nine days except for one (Ooo I wonder how long I can keep this going?? Should we bet? Any takers?) Any hard alcohol: whiskey, gin, etc. Also it seems to be even easier on my stomach if I mix it with soda.

And speaking of alcohol and my stomach, I know you guys are sick of these already but I'm really proud of this one: no fudging, no sucking in my stomach at all. The one on the left was last night before I went out (so before the last 2 drinks). The one on the right was upon waking this morning (I put the dress back on. I didn't sleep in it...) And yes, that is my own hand on my ass (I just can't keep my hands off myself!)

Before and After June 2013.jpg
    Last edited by ombat; 06-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Oh gosh, batty! The bloated picture looks like its really painful I usually feel bloated before bed too, but not that severely! I glad it settled down though.
    Luckily it wasn't that painful - more of a discomfort trying to suck it in all night (fortunately the dress was flowy enough to hide it... At least I don't let it get to me much anymore. Less than 6 mo. ago it would have stopped me from going out at all.

And yes, at least it went down by morning, although by 5pm today it was back by the same degree (I ate something baked with almond meal. Stupid stupid stupid). The worst was when I used to wake up with it looking no different.

Also, I've been working on the belly massages off and on and I think it does help stimulate my digestion at times which helps reduce the bloat!
    Last edited by ombat; 06-29-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Drink more alcohol, woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Drink more alcohol, woman!
    I'm on it! Oh, I'm on it... Wish I could start supplementing first thing in the morning, though...

Ugh, feeling bloated always stops me from going out. I used to be way crazier about it though, trust me -- But I won't go into detail about the crazy lengths I'd go to just to be presentable for a club night. -__-

I'm glad that I could give you another tool to help with your digestion! I've found that leaning forward when your hands are at the top, and kind of "rolling" with the massage, and slowly standing up as you roll your hands down ward helps immensely, if that makes any sense whatsoever.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try it now..

Zach is offline Banned
    Who says you cant? I take random shots/swigs throughout the day, kinda like a cig. Im talking 1-3 and mostly wine though, lol. Most of my drinking is done at night.

Ci, maaaaan your crazy! I fb stalked you (sorry) and you are gorgeous, i bet you could jump out of bed ready for the club, pajamas and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Who says you cant? I take random shots/swigs throughout the day, kinda like a cig. Im talking 1-3 and mostly wine though, lol. Most of my drinking is done at night.
    I did take a shot of whiskey an hour before a microeconomics final once....Haha. I need to build up my tolerance first.

I feel violated and flattered simultaneously!
    That's called "love" <3

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post

That's called "love" <3
    Totally! And blame the violation on Om!

And no i dont understand teh bloats.

Om, a shot of whsikey a day keeps the doctor away! Hey did you give up on the noopept?

Zach is offline Banned
    Why should I blame ombat?! Is everyone on MDA stalking me?

And.... do either of you have Yahoo or AIM? I probably asked already but I'm really bored and talking through journals is slowww.
    She linked us through email.

Im on my phone, so unless you wanna text, lol.

Ci, he's saying that when I emailed you guys, your name came up, and then he utilized that information to find you on FB. MY HANDS ARE CLEAN.

Z, I had taken a break from noopept while I was on vacation at the end of May and when I took it up again it made me very foggy. Derp recommended I start supplementing choline as well but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I do have AIM but haven't been on it in ages (I used gchat mostly) and I'm often on my phone as well.