Page 79 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 79

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ha - it's not uncommon for that to happen when yore nervous. It's just called getting the shits Every summer when we were doing exams in Uni, emotions were high, people were strung out, and the toilets in our apartment became a sewer...

But yeah, I've had it before first/second/third dates, with guys I really liked.

Why don't you ask the guy why he's asking you in advance?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I don't think I've experienced that before dates, but I've definitely had to go before races. This happens even though I always take Immodium the morning before a race (because the very act of running could cause your bowels to move).

As for the guy--I don't know, do you think having sex with him will affect your friendship? I have had sex with some of my closest guy friends--I think if it doesn't destroy the friendship (and if the friendship is strong and you are both comfortable and open with each other, the friendship will be fine), it will bring you closer.

As for the heavy metals test, you could probably just ask your GP. Or, you could be like me and order it online. I bought the heavy metals hair test from Direct Labs. https://www.directlabs.com/TestDetail.aspx?testid=1750 Haven't done it yet because I bleached my hair two weeks before I ordered the test, and it says in the instructions that you have to wait 6 weeks or two months after coloring your hair to collect the sample. I can do it now, but I'm nervous about collecting the sample because you have to cut off quite a bit of hair. Will probably do it this weekend though, if I don't forget.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Feelings of love stimulate bowel movements? Well, love does apparently lower serotonin levels...
    I dunno about love and emotions, cuz it's been a long while, lol but stress and anxiety empty my whole system fairly quickly.

Hi Ombat, sorry for the shitty way of introducing myself to your journal. I read your story few pages back. It must feel good to lay it all out in writing. I can relate to the destructive ('toxic') relationship part. Been there done that. I don't know why we sometimes continue a relationship despite knowing perfectly well how damaging and pointless it is. So many times relatively intelligent people do dumb stuff and there's no logical explanation for it. Of course I don't place the blame on you (or myself in my case). That guy sounds like nasty manipulative a-hole. A silly cliche, but at least this is something which is now history and a mistake that you have learned something from.

Zach is offline Banned
    Nothing worse then scheduled sex. Spontaneous or nothing!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ha - it's not uncommon for that to happen when yore nervous. It's just called getting the shits Every summer when we were doing exams in Uni, emotions were high, people were strung out, and the toilets in our apartment became a sewer...

But yeah, I've had it before first/second/third dates, with guys I really liked.

Why don't you ask the guy why he's asking you in advance?!
    I already grilled the LA guy so much last night... "oh really? why me of all people?" "where are we gonna do it? in her brother's room?" "how many did you get shot down by before asking me?" etc. so I think I'll just leave him alone now.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Haha, I don't think I've experienced that before dates, but I've definitely had to go before races. This happens even though I always take Immodium the morning before a race (because the very act of running could cause your bowels to move).

As for the guy--I don't know, do you think having sex with him will affect your friendship? I have had sex with some of my closest guy friends--I think if it doesn't destroy the friendship (and if the friendship is strong and you are both comfortable and open with each other, the friendship will be fine), it will bring you closer.

As for the heavy metals test, you could probably just ask your GP. Or, you could be like me and order it online. I bought the heavy metals hair test from Direct Labs. https://www.directlabs.com/TestDetail.aspx?testid=1750 Haven't done it yet because I bleached my hair two weeks before I ordered the test, and it says in the instructions that you have to wait 6 weeks or two months after coloring your hair to collect the sample. I can do it now, but I'm nervous about collecting the sample because you have to cut off quite a bit of hair. Will probably do it this weekend though, if I don't forget.
    Ha funny, so it just seems like anxiety in general. Same as Yoyo.

We get along great, but we're not very close and we live on opposite sides of the country most of the year, so I'm not concerned about ruining a friendship or anything. I was having regular sex with a close friend of mine for months and it brought us even closer. I haven't had sex with him in some time now and we are still closer than ever. He's actually using me as his therapist through chat at this very moment... Other than that, in the last month or so I have had sex with various levels of friends... One was mostly an acquaintance so whatever. The other seems to want more, but he's being rather awkward about it. We'll see.

Thanks for the link! Funny thing is, a GP is the only kind of doctor I don't have, which is why I ask. I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Feelings of love stimulate bowel movements? Well, love does apparently lower serotonin levels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I dunno about love and emotions, cuz it's been a long while, lol but stress and anxiety empty my whole system fairly quickly.
    Exactly (Sorry Derp I didnt see your post earlier)

Hi Ombat, sorry for the shitty way of introducing myself to your journal. I read your story few pages back. It must feel good to lay it all out in writing. I can relate to the destructive ('toxic') relationship part. Been there done that. I don't know why we sometimes continue a relationship despite knowing perfectly well how damaging and pointless it is. So many times relatively intelligent people do dumb stuff and there's no logical explanation for it. Of course I don't place the blame on you (or myself in my case). That guy sounds like nasty manipulative a-hole. A silly cliche, but at least this is something which is now history and a mistake that you have learned something from.
    Hi Graycat - introduce yourself in any way you deem fit Thank you for the support. I don't know why I needed to fuck shit up so badly, but I know that a lot of it was on me. Yes, he was a bit nuts, but I had the power to get out of the situation. We live and we learn, and I definitely learned a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nothing worse then scheduled sex. Spontaneous or nothing!
    Right? Good, I'm not the only one who finds this odd. I mean, I've gone into situations knowing that we both expected sex, but not like this. It seems like a business transaction or something. Am I going to get paid? Do I have to pay??

Midday Update:

Stayed home from work today - feeling like crap. I was up from 2:30-5:30am last night for seemingly no reason. When I woke I wasn't sweating, but I was very, very warm (but not feverish). After about 2 hours I realized I was starving, ate a few rice crackers, and eventually fell back asleep. When my alarm went off at 7:30 I awoke sweating this time and with heart palpitations. I took my temp: 97.6 so no fever (and surprised it was that low) and just feeling a bit nauseous. I didn't eat anything new or odd yesterday. First instinct fueled by paranoia was torta contact contamination but I need to STFU about that. I figure I must be fighting something from traveling; I always get sick when I'm airplanes. I also took zinc last night. I haven't had much problems with it yet, but I may not have eaten quite enough to take that dose? And could alcohol make it more likely to have side effects? I also wouldn't mind not caring why I feel like crap. Sometimes these things just happen. Who cares why.

Thank you Ci <3 I knew you'd have advice regarding the zinc. Yeah I'm sure it's from traveling. I almost always get sick a few days after the outbound or inbound plane ride. All those people and their germs D: I was hoping the zinc would help my immunity, though. Maybe I would have been even worse without it!

I will take it easy My cousin's wife is home all day doing stuff around the house (she's a teacher and school is now out of session) so we're chatting, playing with kitties, etc. All of those sound like great ideas. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I definitely picked something up because now my lower back is killing me. Hallmark of a low grade flu.
    Last edited by ombat; 06-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting sick too, I think. Shit, it's an epidemic.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

You have the sympathy flu for me. That's so sweet <3

Thursday, June 27

Sleep/Energy:
    - Like I mentioned earlier, very poor sleep. Tired all day. Pretty sure it's low grade flu since my lower back is killing me too.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - rice cakes, smoked salmon, bit of lowfat cheddar
    - mango, gold potatoes + lots of ch-ch-ch-cheddar
    - more cheddar
    - homemade chicken enchiladas (tortas made out of sweet potato flour). I made the roasted tomatillo salsa.
    - shot of gin - hopefully will help my back
    - EDIT: coconut milk ice cream. out of hunger, not cravings or entertainment.

Appetite is low today

- BMs: ok, not great
    - Bloat and gas after lunch / lots of cheese. I guess I have a tolerance level for lactose

Supps:
    - Mg, niacinamide, alcohol
    - Oscillococcinum (x2) - always when I'm fluy/fevery
    - Too tired and lazy for everything else. No gelatin either.

Skin:
    - Acne is starting to rear its head again. Boo. I'm starting to see a pattern of acne getting worse around ovulation time?
    - Called my derm's office today and they said he probably wouldn't prescribe me an antibiotic without seeing me. Wtf? He saw me in winter. Will have to look for a new derm…

Lady Stuff:
    Going to a new OB/GYN tomorrow. She was recommended to me by my cousin's wife who hates all things doctor, so the fact that she likes her is promising. I haven't been on birth control for the past 2 years because I had a bad experience with the pill (a cyst I had removed from my breast started to grow back, I developed terrible BO, and I'm starting to wonder if it contributed to emotional issues). I do have a fair amount of sex so it's probably wise to get on that. I'm going to try a non-hormonal IUD. I've heard horror stories about pain and cramping, but my mom was part of trials for IUDs when they were first coming out on the market and had only good experiences, so I'm hoping for the best. I'm doing a lot of research tonight and hoping to have a good conversation with the doc tomorrow. Thoughts?

QOTD:
    How are your living habits? Dirty? Messy? Clean? Sterile? Was having a conversation about this today. I'm never dirty but my room always looks like a tornado has swept through it. I feel uncomfortable in pristine environments. Plus, why put something away when you're just going to take it out again??

Back at home and I already want to leave. At least I have been reunited with my sweet, sweet, pull up bar. I missed you, baby… <3
    Last edited by ombat; 06-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'd choose other ways to show sympathy than getting a flu...

My living conditions are the same as yours, I throw everything on the floor, but I keep my kitchen clean, and the trash in a trashcan. Otherwise, papers, clothes, games, wallet, keys, lighter etc; everywhere.

This could be why I keep losing everything though... My mommy used to clean my room for me, and I never got used to doing it myself ;_; Mommy, help!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant