Page 74 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 74

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'll take pics of myself when I get home at the end of next week. Maybe I do look different. I just known that I dont look the same as before I started EAT. I catch myself in full length mirrors and dont recognize myself - my hips are bigger and thats all I see. But I have been told that my back looks more muscular.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Yolo, why burpees? Things like burpees and sprints are some of the most metabolically taxing things you can do. I understand you are probably doing them to lose fat but i think its backfiring on you. Maybe instead of high intensity exercise, go the other end and do very low intensity balance and strength work, ala Ido. Doing this would not only keep you fresh but it would also advance your yoga much further then just burning cals.

Ci, exercise can be therapeutic or stressful. For you I think it's the former (unless you overdo it) and for me and Yoyo it might be the latter (to a degree).

I'm not suggesting it has any connotation good or bad, but for me it's a fact and it's distracting enough to get my attention. It's all relative, which of course you understand having gone through drastic changes yourself and coming out healthier for it.

And Z... "Yolo" seriously? Haha

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    taking measurements can be helpful too sometimes.
    That's all I ever do usually. Haven't had my tape with me these last few weeks... thank fuck.! Don't think I'm going to bother measuring once I get back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yolo, why burpees? Things like burpees and sprints are some of the most metabolically taxing things you can do. I understand you are probably doing them to lose fat but i think its backfiring on you. Maybe instead of high intensity exercise, go the other end and do very low intensity balance and strength work, ala Ido. Doing this would not only keep you fresh but it would also advance your yoga much further then just burning cals.
    Thanks Zach. We-ell, I don't actually do sprints or burpees. The reason I want to start incorporating them is cos I want to start seeing results from my exercise. I don't see anything from the lower intensity stuff, and I still get burnt out...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Ci, exercise can be therapeutic or stressful. For you I think it's the former (unless you overdo it) and for me and Yoyo it might be the latter (to a degree).
    I think chronic cardio is stressful for everyone, but some people get addicted to it.

And Z... "Yolo" seriously? Haha
    I've been called it before! You'll struggle to come up with a new nick name for me
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Saturday, June 22

7.5 hours of sleep. Thank you, powers that be.

Food:
    - Last night: few mac nut Hersheys kisses. Only Hawaii...
    - B: 2 eggs (in bacon grease), 2 slices of bacon, hash browns with sriracha aaall over dat shit, some cantaloupe and blueberries.
    - L: 2 chicken sausages, 2 rice cakes
    - S: some tuna salad (shallots and celery), a few hershey's kisses, jelly beans
    - D: WITH YOYO!: 2 mojitos (we poured gelatin into one of them for Z and Derp), mackerel and salmon skin sushi
    - few hersheys kisses

BMs. Check! Think I should keep the Jack and Cokes a nightly thing.

Lots more sun today - during another 3 mile walk with the dog and then a ride on a fire boat (T's dad is a fireman). We were on the boat for almost 2 hours and I definitely got a bit pink.

Theeeeeeeeeeeen YOYO BAT ADVENTURE TIME! We drank mojitos and ate sushi and chatted about how much we love all of y'all! It was a bit of a surreal experience, maybe a little more than I let on to her but it was so great to talk about the things we normally do at such a distance at such close range. I might not have been very coherent but Yoyo is precisely the articulate philosopher we've all imagined her to be. Ha... Ok this is getting weird. Night everyone

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    How was her accent? Did she get absolutely fluthered? (You'd be surprised how many colloquialisms there are for drunk in Irish)
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Did you guys call each other by your real names or forum names?

Derp, her accent made me feel like a hick. And our drinks were not strong enough for feathering- fathering- flustering- fluthering.

Z-Bear, she told me to "call her whatever I want" which was kinda weird. I think she wanted the evening to go in an entirely different direction.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sunday, June 23

I think I kicked T in my sleep

Food:
    - 11am: piece of sashimi, 2 sausages of questionable ingredients (actually regret eating them) 2 pieces bacon, couple bites sushi rice
    - Rest of Day (T's grad party): small amounts of various pork (pork skin! gah! I ate it and almost gagged) and rice dishes (soy sauce), crab bake, clam dip (omg) and potato chips (a lot of clam dip and potato chips...), fruit, Jack and Mexi coke(s), mango pudding, about 900 Hershey's kisses (what? Did I exaggerate?), matcha pudding.

The food was so rich and decadent I felt like I was going to explode one minute and would be suddenly hungry the next! Anyway I already decided before the day began that I was going to eat with no shame. And so it was. I continuously popped bits of food into my mouth for 11 hours straight with possibly an hour respite at some point in between. It. Was. Awesome. But surprisingly I don't feel full or uncomfortable.

AND DAMN YOU PEOPLE FOR TURNING PORK AGAINST ME! Or me against pork. I have never had a problem eating any part of any creature to have ever lived and now pork makes me cringe! Thanks a lot!

- no real BM.. Extra mag tonight. Coffee in the morning.
    - bloat is obviously a given.

Skin
    - acne is still fine
    - rubbing aloe on my sun burnt chest. Seems to be reducing redness rather nicely.

So I came to SF this weekend specifically because today was T's grad party, hence the ridiculous food. They had to do the party in 2 waves because she has so much family (50 cousins!) plus friends, some of whom I know from college. I lost steam really quickly, probably a combo of the MSG (some of it was catered from a Chinese place) and the unusualness of the diet in general, so I made sure to keep the Cokes (and Jack) coming every time I crashed.

Exercise for the day included playing Just Dance on Wii and laughing until I cried. Haven't said much about exercise but I've been walking 5+ miles every day since I've been here.

QOTD because I'm a copycat: how do you feel about food being used as a means for social interaction?
    Last edited by ombat; 06-23-2013 at 10:57 PM.