Page 71 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 71

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Thursday, June 20

Food: because I'm obsessive
    - B: mango maple yoghurt
    - few ounces of black coffee at the airport.
    - L: Vietnamese chicken coconut curry with rice.
    - D: jack and coke... huge chirashi (some pieces even had SOY SAUCE on them and I ATE THEM ANYWAY living life on the edge ... Another jack and coke couple squares of dark chocolate

I don't know if I was having some sort of hypoglycemic episode but my hand was shaking the entire time I was eating lunch (I was very hungry). My stomach made terrible noises afterwards and i started to get a headache, but I think that was just due to being allergic to their dog who lies all over me and sleeps on their bed.

Wasn't hungry for dinner after that first jack and coke but forced myself to eat anyway... Around 9pm

Surprisingly... My bloat isn't that bad... Soy sauce and soda pop and my bloat isn't that bad..

Digestion Revelation:
    Every morning for the past few weeks - whether at home or at my cousins' - I've woken up, mixed a packet of gelatin in water, eaten my maple mango yoghurt, and had a BM. This morning I woke up, mixed a packet of gelatin in water, ate my maple mango yoghurt, and did NOT have a BM. Just as I was about to leave for the airport, I realized I had been tightening my stomach the entire morning because I was nervous about what I was going to eat / how constipated I would be this weekend and in the process fulfilled my own prophecy with my mind. It wasn't from eating less salt yesterday (well, maybe), it wasn't from whatever crab they used in the sushi, it was me. I was the reason I didnt have a BM. I am such a head case. Luckily a bit of coffee at the airport got me going a bit...

Other Revelation: Or, musings on an airplane
    I just realized that this is the first vacation I've ever taken without a family member... I have never gone out of town without my mom, dad, or sister - a fact I find slightly odd because I'm so independent on principle. I suppose that once I got over worrying / decided to be brave about getting around despite my my poor eye sight, that was about the time I started worrying about my food/health. It's like I just traded one neurosis for another. Every time in the last 2 years that I even thought about being out of town or away from home in any way, my very first thought was "What am I going to eat? Maybe I shouldn't go. It'll just be too hard and won't be worth it." Before that it was "Well what if I can't find my way? What if I get lost. I can't read street / bus / train / terminal signs. Maybe I shouldn't go. It'll just be too hard and won't be worth it." But last month when I decided to go to SF to visit my friend and see Yoyo, my first thought was "This is going to be so much fun!" I still cant see for shit, I still have digestive issues (although I am eating so many more foods now than I was even 6 months ago) but I'm not afraid anymore. Of course I have my moments - I'm still nervous about this weekend but I didnt let it stop me.. In general I'm really not afraid of much at all anymore.

---------------

After lunch we took the dog on a walk to these beautiful mosaic stairs...

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1371791843.088851.jpg

...took a nap, and went to the Giants game! We got free cokes as part of a designated driver program... And then poured Jack Daniels into them. Going to hell? I think so. At least we'll be together
    Last edited by ombat; 06-21-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Wow them stairs are trippy! Seriously, like dont fall! hahaha... aaaah.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha! Giants game, eh? I'm SOOO jealous! Also so excited that you and YB are hanging out tomorrow. I want to know all about it. And, yes, pictures, please!

Haha Zach... You sound drunk. And don't worry, we were walking down the stairs, not up them. So nothing to be distracted by until you turned around at the end.

Diene, they are serious, season ticket holding fans. We were decked out head to toe in Giants attire.

Friday, June 21

Food:
    - B: small diner: corn beef hash, 2 fried eggs
    - L: Mexican: chicken w/ rice, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes.... Grape lollipop (that was not smart. Tummy doesnt like sugar alcohol)
    - sip of milk tea w boba. "Dont push it!" My friend said. Thanks
    - D: shabu: 2 plates of lamb cooked in miso ginger and spicy miso broth with miso sesame sauce, ~1/3 cup rice, scoop of green tea ice cream.
    - Jack and real, Mexican Coca Cola. Omfg. Bites of melon

I was not hungry for either 3 of these meals... Surprisingly not ridiculously bloated after dinner. I think I digest meat better than I thought...

BMs: had one this morning before my gelatin, even! Probably from the alcohol.

-------------------

Between the dog, the dehydration, and an obnoxiously bright hall light, I did not receive the greatest sleep.

My friend (lets call her T) had class until late morning, so her dad, one of her sisters, and I went to a hole in the wall diner they often frequent for breakfast. PUFAs be damned, corn beef hash is my favorite! Afterwards her mom and I took a 3 mile walk through Golden Gate Park.

After lunch T and I took the dog to the beach to romp. By the end of the day I had done a ton of walking and gotten a lot of sun (they walk to restaurants as well)! (took extra vit D this morning in preparation) I even fell asleep on her sidewalk in the sun while we were waiting for her dog to dry after her bath...

We ordered all you can eat at shabu which was much more than I could eat. I was peer pressured into eating a second plate of lamb so I took that opportunity to eat more miso sesame sauce than I really should have. Of course I had room afterwards for green tea ice cream. I guess there was no sense in worrying about not getting enough to eat here...

Upon returning back to their house and expressing my urgent desire for a shower, they suggested I sit in their steam room for a bit first... Um, you don't have to twist my arm! So I sat at 110 degrees for 20 minutes before washing off and heading downstairs for a Jack and (real, Mexican) Coca Cola, because T and I are now obsessed. I never want to leave here.

T's composition of our day, in a nutshell:

Beach and Meat!
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1371875803.887669.jpg

Oh, and my acne has pretty much cleared due to the coconut oil, baking soda, zinc, D, sun, alcohol, happiness, or whatever. I didn't even put on any make up after my shower to hang out downstairs with the family and their friends.

Happy Bat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Nice shades. That meat looks like watermelons.

Thumbs up for the mexi coke
    nihil

Thaaaanks. 10$ at H&M.

So... Does that make the meat more appetizing to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Thaaaanks. 10$ at H&M.

So... Does that make the meat more appetizing to you?
    I knew they looked familiar, I have the same exact pair. I always feel weird in H&M around here, nothing but "illipinos" and swag kiddies, and teenage girls who crowd the changing rooms.

Hm... nah, because I know what it is. Maybe if I was blindfolded.
    nihil

I'm going to be really sad when they break one day because I accidentally looked at them funny.

If you were blindfolded you wouldnt be able to see that they looked like watermelon in the first place and then youd just taste meat.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tell me it's watermelon

My skeleton wedding shirt from H&M ripped on the first wash. But, it wasn't the 60% organic cotton line.
    nihil