Page 70 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 70

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tuesday, June 18

Sleep/Energy:
    - 12am-7am. Woke up at 5:30 sweating… Not quite sure why. Joints hurt a bit upon waking as well. Unusual.
    - No significant crashes.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: Mango maple yoghurt
    - L: 115g gf beef, herb and garlic goat cheese, 2 rice cakes
    - D: small amount of each: carrots, yoghurt with maple, feta cheese, almond butter pumpkin muffin (so tempting and so good but stomach rumbling heartburn hell.
    - S/D2: chicken tenders (cooked in coconut oil) w/ BBQ sauce (fine ingredients), handful dried strawberries, 1 rice cake
    - S: couple slices of peppered turkey, 1 rice cake

Why do I enjoy rice cakes so damn much? They taste like salty cardboard. And why was I so hungry today?? My appetite fluctuations are pestering.

-BMs: good
    -Bloat: better than yesterday until my 2 dinners

Supps:
    - gelatin
    - SUN! ~20 min on face and arms
    - niacinamide
    - Mg

Acne:
    Between the coconut oil and all the supps it's healing nicely.

I didn't have a single song in my head today.

You're not being bossy about it at all. That's why we talk to each other about things we've tried - to see what works and doesn't.

My "things that have worked" list is pretty much non-existent, obviously.

It's too late, I've done them before D: Yeah, the things you'll do when you haven't had a BM in over a week...

<3 <4 <5

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm not discounting your experiences, but I really think the form of magnesium is important. I've had bad results with forms other than the tablets. What were you taking Yoyo?

You can buy NOW brand at any health food store that also has supplements. Probably at Vitamin Shoppe? That's just a guess. The aloe vera I bought was also NOW brand.
    I've taken a variety of tabs. They work for me on other levels for sure, but not with BMs. I just think this means my problem isn't caused by a Mg deficiency.

Supps that have worked for me:

- Zinc for acne.
    I was the one who suggested it to you guys in the first place! Sorry it didn't help. t think the reason it worked for me was cos my acne may be caused by low prog, and zinc is a crucial mineral for prog formation. Saying that, my skin is perfect these days unless I eat gluten, bacon, or seed oils.

- Alfalfa to speed up metabolism.

- Topical B3 for dry skin.

Umm. Think that's it!

Is it really geeky to suggest that before we get dinner on Saturday we go supplement shopping? I can't think of anything I'd rather do in your company.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Actually the zinc might be helping my acne. I only took it sporadically before but I've taken it more regularly recently and it's improving again. I had also neglected coconut oil for a bit and it's getting better now that I'm using it more often so I don't know - could be both.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Is it really geeky to suggest that before we get dinner on Saturday we go supplement shopping? I can't think of anything I'd rather do in your company.
    I can't think of anything else I'd rather do.

But seriously I would

Wednesday, June 19

Sleep/Energy:
    -11:30pm-6:30am. Woke up at 1am extremely thirsty?
    - Sluggish all day. I've had that kind of depressive exhaustion for the past few days . i.e. would rather miss by bus stop than work up the gumption to get out of my seat. Pathetic.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: Mango maple yoghurt (extra 1/2 cup)
    - L: 2 rice cakes, ~150g carrots
    - S/actual L: 115g gf beef, lots of feta cheese, full container of rice (over the course of an hour)
    - Carrot juice
    - D: Sushi: small tekka role, couple pieces of california roll which I never have because a) I don’t like them and b) it's usually fake crab which has gluten in it and mayo of unknown ingredients, but I guess I was feeling lucky.
    EDIT: -S: dried strawberries. Just got hungry. And I've been waking up hungry as it is...

Not as hungry today. Barely had anything for dinner and that wasn't a problem.

Cutting down on salt. I know it's part of the anti stress S's but I think I was overdoing it and am afraid of water retention (even though that's probably false for some reason). Like I need more of a reason to bloat.

-BMs good
    - Bloat. Not as bad as usual at the end of the day. Probably because I didn't eat as much…

Supps:

- gelatin
    - D3
    - Zn
    - niacinamide
    - Mg

Acne:
    - still improving!

Brain Fog
    Pretty bad the last few days. Difficulty forming coherent sentences.

And tomorrow it's off to….

Yeah, sorry, that song is pretty obnoxious.
    Last edited by ombat; 06-19-2013 at 10:33 PM.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Is today the day you and YogaBare are meeting up?

I have a fear of salt. I need to get over that!

What do you take zinc for? I've wondered if I need to add that to my supps.

We're meeting on Saturday! I hope she's prepared for me to tackle her upon sight ^_^

I started taking it for acne (I've now been reminded - thanks Yoyo) and for immune support.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Fun Fun... Can't wait to hear about it!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    We're meeting on Saturday! I hope she's prepared for me to tackle her upon sight ^_^
    Whoop whoop!!! I'll bring the red paint
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat