Page 69 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 69

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Reading this makes me think that you are a good candidate for the aloe vera. and as far as it being a cure vs. a treatment -- I thought I would have to be consuming it every day for the rest of my life, but recently I feel that with the magnesium I've been taking, plus the gelatin I've been having regularly, the aloe vera caps, and coffee every day, I may be able to start reducing my supp list even more! So, maybe it will take a while for you, but I think it has healed me/is healing me, slowly but surely.
    Magnesium and gelatin have completely treated my constipation unless I travel or forget to take them - though I do function almost completely fine on magnesium alone. I did buy aloe vera caps but I didn't want to start taking them and the niacinamide at the same time (first rule of supplements: one new thing at a time). So I will start taking the aloe when I return home at the end of next week.

Monday, June 17

Sleep/Energy:
    - 11pm-7am
    - Crash after lunch. Too much meat?

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: Maple mango yoghurt
    - Pinch of salt. Not sure why…
    - L: 1/2 lb gf beef (I know I know…), 2 rice cakes, handful carrots
    - S: carrots
    - S: 4 oz carrot juice, 3 rice cakes, ~60g feta cheese
    -D: steak, sweet potato w/ coconut oil and cinnamon. Probs wouldn't have eaten so much beef today if I knew this was for dinner. Oh well.

So full I want to puke .

- Cravings: carrots. I used to love carrots and stopped eating them because they make me bloat instantly (indigestible fiber, duh) but just a few at a time should be ok…? Also I think they are playing a part in my more frequent BMs..

- BMs: after breakfast, lunch
    - Bloat: feels like more than usual.

Supps:
    - gelatin - 1 pckt
    - D3 - 4000 IU
    - Niacinamide - 500 mg
    - Mg - 200 mg
    - Sun - about 30 min face + arms + legs, another 10 minutes on face

Skin:
    Acne: realized I've been neglecting the coconut oil and that might be why it's gotten angry again.
    Discoloration: Not going to be home for about 2 weeks and forgot the anti fungal shampoo so… oh well.

Gave a super scientific lecture to the cousins about PUFAs while trying not to be a crazy conspiracy theorist about it (I was prompted into the discussion, by the way). Talked about inhibiting thyroid function and enzymes, being pro inflammatory, went into a history discussion about the seed oil industry needing a new venue for their demon oils when they were no longer being used for paint, fattening livestock with them, etc. They may be scared now. But I don't think they're going to stop making almond butter muffins (just came out of the oven).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I do agree that fiber is a bad call for digestive issues. The site "gutsense" and book "Fiber Menace" convinced me of that, plus my own experiences. In terms of gelatin vs. colostrum, I don't know. I'm probably going to try adding gelatin to my regular diet since it seems like a good thing to have anyway. I actually had no luck with magnesium because my constipation was so bad. Vitamin C works in a similar capacity and somehow that worked when mag did not. I'm probably going to try magnesium again for some restless leg issues too. Sigh, it's a never-ending experiment with my body! Sometimes, I wish I could take a break!

I was invited to a former supervisor's business launch party. She does some cooking supply thing. She shared some examples of the food. "All healthy!" It was all seed oils. I would not have been able to eat anything without significant discomfort, plus it was a bit of a drive for a week day, so it was easy to say no.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

What dose and in what form were you taking magnesium? That does matter. Also if you are already backed up, you probably need perform an enema before any kind of supplementation can start working. It's all very complicated.

I know what you mean in wanting to take a break... And sometimes I do when I feel like I've tried 10 things in a row, nothign is working, and I'm hopeless. But that makes it worse and I'm back to experimenting again...

I love what people consider "healthy". In those kinds of situations it's better to just eat beforehand and then push food around your plate for a while once you're there to make yourself seem less awkward.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Ingesting epsom salts worked for a while, and then it didn't, even when things weren't backed up. I took up to 8 g at one time, I think, and it just gave me terrible lower-abdominal cramps. I haven't tried mag citrate in a while, but I may try it again soon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh god that sounds painful... and a bit like an experience I've had before.

I take these Amazon.com: Now Foods Magnesium Citrate 200mg, 250 Tablets: Health & Personal Care. I have found that mag citrate in liquid form and in capsule form do nothing for me at best and make me bloated / crampy at worse. But the tablets work very well for me.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Haha Ci.... jumping on the bandwagon. I can't wait until you see how many supps I took today. Miss I-Hate-Everything-In-Pill-Form went nuts. I also realized that all of my supps are NOW brand... They seem to have the least amount of fillers. Besides getting them in pure powder form...

Brooke, are you noticing the veins popping out of your arms like Derpalerp??
    Where can I buy Now brand vitamins?? My time here is nearly up and I still don't have a huge arsenal of sups to bring home! Did you decide on a brand of aloe vera?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oh god that sounds painful... and a bit like an experience I've had before.

I take these Amazon.com: Now Foods Magnesium Citrate 200mg, 250 Tablets: Health & Personal Care. I have found that mag citrate in liquid form and in capsule form do nothing for me at best and make me bloated / crampy at worse. But the tablets work very well for me.
    Magnesium sups are one-of-the-many-things that have never helped my BMs.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'm not discounting your experiences, but I really think the form of magnesium is important. I've had bad results with forms other than the tablets. What were you taking Yoyo?

You can buy NOW brand at any health food store that also has supplements. Probably at Vitamin Shoppe? That's just a guess. The aloe vera I bought was also NOW brand.

CiCi I'm still laughing at "moldy nuts"

<3

No it was definitely noticed by everyone around me because I literally burst into laughter.

They didn't have Nature's Way where I went (not Vitamin Shoppe) which is why I bought the NOW brand but perhaps I'll return it. Thanks!