Page 67 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 67

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I use the Beyond a Century niacinamide powder
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Haha Ci.... jumping on the bandwagon. I can't wait until you see how many supps I took today. Miss I-Hate-Everything-In-Pill-Form went nuts. I also realized that all of my supps are NOW brand... They seem to have the least amount of fillers. Besides getting them in pure powder form...

Brooke, are you noticing the veins popping out of your arms like Derpalerp??

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Haha Ci.... jumping on the bandwagon. I can't wait until you see how many supps I took today. Miss I-Hate-Everything-In-Pill-Form went nuts. I also realized that all of my supps are NOW brand... They seem to have the least amount of fillers. Besides getting them in pure powder form...

Brooke, are you noticing the veins popping out of your arms like Derpalerp??
    Haha... My veins have been popping out of my arms for years now... So not sure it's from the niacinamide helps. Phlebotomists love me.
    Last edited by brooke.S.; 06-16-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Actually, I just looked at my veins and they only pop in my hands and in my elbow pits. I'm retaining water too though.

The veins on the back of my hands are always extremely visible, Brooke.

Sunday, June 16

Sleep/Energy:
    - ??am-??am and not straight through the night... Maybe 2-3 hrs total is a hopeful estimate?Ö Slept from 9am-11am when I got home.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - AM: Can of coconut water the moment I got home.
    - L: handful baby carrots while I cooked. 3 eggs w/ a little garlic herb goat cheese and cholula sauce; medium sweet potato with butter and cinnamon. Hungover breakfast of champions.
    -S: 1 c. yoghurt, 1 mango
    - Carrot juice w/ gelatin
    -D: Random smorgasbord: carrots, melon, garlic herb goat cheese, smoked salmon, rice w/ coconut aminos, handful dried strawberries, Enjoy Life chocolate chips. Kept bouncing from food to food, couldn't figure out what I really wanted. Fully expecting and not caring that my stomach wasn't going to like this.

- Woke up very gassy but not very bloated! It is almost always the case that I wake up with a pretty flat stomach after a night of drinking. Maybe alcohol is good for my stomach? By the end of the day though, not so muchÖ And I continued to feel gassy. I'm sure it was the wine. Wine always gives me problems (the yeast I'm sure)
    - BMs: after lunch and dinner! surprised.

Thirst:
    three gins and a glass of wine and somehow I did not spend the entire day feeling like I was going to shrivel up. Probably wise that I got that coconut water in me so quickly.

Supps: - here we goÖ
    - gelatin (later in the day)
    - Zn 50mg
    - Vit D 4000 IU. hope it will help my acne?
    - Niacinamide 500mg
    - Mg 200mg

Skin:
    Face: pores look gross. kind of bumpy.
    Neck discoloration: Finally found that anti-fungal shampoo my allergist had given me. Washed my neck and face with it tonight. We'll see if it does anything.

Exercise:

Pull up bar. Will be without it for the next 11 days

Cousin and cousin's wife were at her parents' for father's day when I arrived at their house. Look who hadn't been fed yet!

Moser.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Aww, that kitty is so cuh-yooot!

About the Vitamin D: it does absolutely nothing for my acne, but it DID help me not to get a sunburn, dunno if you read about that bit in my journal (i know I have a lot going on in there) Is Zn = zinc? I heard that will help your acne supposedly, but really be careful whenever you're taking that and make sure your stomach isn't empty. I've puked a few times taking it without realizing I needed to eat first, no bueno.

Your supp list is getting longer than mine ;D ha!
    That's exactly what he wants you to think! He is a trouble maker - full on broke into my room the other night. I felt violated D:

It's possible that D3 helped my acne in the past. I was also taking C at the time which may have contributed... I don't know. We'll see. I clearly remember your zinc episode. I take it sparingly (since 50mg is quite enough for a few days at least) and at the end of the day when my stomach is full. It has made me nauseous before...

God I know. Shoot me. But it is a shorter list than I have had at other times in the recent past... I've pretty much only been taking Mg for the past couple of months and it has been glorious, but oh well. At least I can take these all at the same time... Though I try to take D3 closer to the beginning of the day because I heard it can mess with your sleep cycle if you take it too late at night.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wait till you see my supplements list! Heh! Too many to list.

So nausea after taking zinc is a sign that you took too much. Not that I like to recommend the NIH as a source of information, but it's just an example and one of the first to pop up on google: Zinc — Health Professional Fact Sheet Scroll down to read "Health Risks from Excessive Zinc."

I bought these 100 mg zinc tablets from GNC and felt sick every time I took them. Took me a while before I googled it and realized that I was taking too high a dose. Now I only take 30 mg at a time, and that doesn't make me sick.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Halloo, just popping in. I saw something about discoloration & anti-fungal shampoo? Did you get a diagnosis for the discoloration? What is the shampoo that your allergist told you to get?

I get these spots on my chest every summer (from sweating) that are some kind of fungal infection. I can't remember the name. Selsun Blue works really well on them (the main ingredient is selenium sulphide). As an experiment, I was eating 4 brazil nuts every day to see if the selenium content would work to get rid of the spots, but it had not after two weeks. I started using the Selsun Blue again (wash my chest with it daily in the shower) and it went away within a few days. Usually, I use it daily for a week or two, then once or twice a week to keep it away. I want to see if the brazil nuts are enough to keep it away.

My infection is this, I think Fungal skin infections. Pityriasis versicolor. DermNet NZ
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

diene, yes I think it has to do with dosage and the current contents of your stomache. Zinc made Ci very sick - though I'm not sure of the quantity she had taken - on an empty stomach, and it doesn't seem to make me nauseous if I've eaten something substantial. The tablets I take are 50mg but they can easily be split in half so I might do that. Thanks for the info!

Nameless, it actually started on my chest and yes it was diagnosed by my allergist as fungal. I still get a little bit of discoleration on my chest but not as much as I used to and definitely not as much as I do on my neck. The shampoo I was given contains ketoconazole. I should use it a few times in a row but I am now going to be away from home for the next 2 weeks and forgot to bring it with me, so I might pick up some selsun blue and try it out! That's clever to try the brazil nuts. How much selenium is in 4 brazil nuts and what led to your decision that that mount would be adequate?

I had taken a picture and posted it a while ago when YB and I were talking about it. Is this what your skin looks like?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's what my spots look like. My fiancť gets it on his neck and a little on his back, it's a little flaky and more raised.

I guess 6-8 nuts has the recommended daily value of selenium. I just picked a random number, to be honest! So I guess I'm technically not eating enough of them. I wanted to go over the RDV. I guess I'll try more! I suppose I could supplement selenium with capsules, but I already take a fair amount of supplements and don't really want to try to remember more. Eating things is easier to remember
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

I guess 6-8 nuts has the recommended daily value of selenium. I just picked a random number, to be honest! So I guess I'm technically not eating enough of them. I wanted to go over the RDV. I guess I'll try more! I suppose I could supplement selenium with capsules, but I already take a fair amount of supplements and don't really want to try to remember more. Eating things is easier to remember
    I could be wrong but I've heard that 2 Brazil nuts is all it takes to get RDA for selenium. Selenium is toxic at high levels, so watch out.