Page 65 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 65

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    God I hope so, Derp! But my thighs say otherwise. Har.

Friday, June 14

Sleep/Energy:
    - 12am-6:30am. Cat broke into my room to wake me up.
    - Energy was a bit down mid morning but great otherwise

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: maple mango yoghurt
    - L: Market Fresh buffet: 2 small pieces of salmon, ~1/2 cup rice, mango and melon, beets, a few olives
    - D: Salmon (wild caught, not crappy buffet salmon), half a sweet potato w/ butter AND coconut oil, big bite of rib eye steak.
    - S: ~1/2 cup choco coconut milk ice cream

Considerably less hungry today. Not even really hungry for that ice cream.

- BMs: good quality, after breakfast and lunch
    - Bloat: meh.

Supps:
    - gelatin 1 pckt
    - Mg 200 mg

Ecercise:
    Back to my pull up bar, my love. This is the one thing I truly push myself on. Love the cuts I'm seeing in my arms! I'll update COY tomorrow.

Menstrual: a.k.a TMI time (men, avert your eyes)
    This is an unusually heavy one, I feel bloated everywhere, and my lower back hurts, arg. I usually have a light flow, feel mostly belly / midsection bloat, and have no other discomfort. I also sweat in my sleep last night which sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't during my TOM.

I'll get to everyone else's threads / journals tomorrow. I am one tired Bat.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ah, I didn't know there would be such a difference in taste with beef vs. chicken liver, but why wouldn't there be a difference? lol. I still have like 350g liver left, though. So I have to get through that before I buy anymore. I think I'm going to make some boudin, and get into my French-cajun roots lol. Or hide it in ground meat... Idk. I'll make myself eat it. (my tummy does hurt though.) D:
    Ci, that's how I use liver: I chop it up really thin and use in with ground beef in Bolognese OR - do you like paté? Best way to get liver in imo. I use lambs liver.

I'm also going to try the aloe vera caps...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Maybe it will make you not care if you eat cream pies. Or be able to eat a bite of cream pie and move on.
    LOL - I think you're right I feel super relaxed here. Makes me realise how hard people try to be cool in London...

Actually, I can leave food on my plate now! I have a huge appetite, so it doesn't happen that often, but if I'm full, I stop eating.

... I cannot dignify that with a response.

Hint: My dream is to live on an island and fish for my own food daily. Also, I think cooking fish is needless.
    Lol, I forget we're going for sushi The reason I ask is cos you said you only get saturated fat. I'm currently predominantly eating sea food and I feel pretty good.

Unsustainable in that all I was fucking eating was meat and sweet potatoes. That kind of restriction is not psychologically sustainable. And possibly not physically, either. And yeah, going above about 1600 cals of it would induce bloating. There were days where I would "binge" (but of course it was just my body trying to get the energy it needed) on pounds of sweet potatoes per day.

I'M A MONSTER D: I just don't understand why I seem to need more food than most people.
    I wonder if the stomach problems lead to malabsorption, which lead to needing a higher volume of calories...

But seriously, 1,800 cals isn't that much... At least I don't think so now: in the past I was aiming for 1000 but we all know that I was a nut case back then

I would also like to know how the progesterone is working for you.
    No great shakes actually... I'll update in my journal.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    To everybody eating liver... What does it taste like? Guess I need to try it. What do I look for when I buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Actually, I can leave food on my plate now! I have a huge appetite, so it doesn't happen that often, but if I'm full, I stop eating.
    Still have problems with this most of the time. Think it's leftover "but what if I'll never be able to find anything to eat ever again??" mentality.

Lol, I forget we're going for sushi The reason I ask is cos you said you only get saturated fat. I'm currently predominantly eating sea food and I feel pretty good.
    Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I was eating only saturated fat, just majority. But in terms of animal products I do feel best eating seafood as opposed to ruminant meat. I actually feel good eating chicken as well, but PUFA fear... I will probably go back to buying organic chickens every once

I wonder if the stomach problems lead to malabsorption, which lead to needing a higher volume of calories...
    But seriously, 1,800 cals isn't that much... At least I don't think so now: in the past I was aiming for 1000 but we all know that I was a nut case back then [/quote]

I believe that's why I started binging when I started eating large amounts of gluten my first year of college. And subsequent binging. Because now that I get a greater variety of whole foods (including fruit) I don't binge anymore. And I know 1800 cals isn't very much. Actually I don't know why I ever look at cals. I don't even understand them. I just like to use it as a measure to compare how much my appetite fluctuates over the span of days. I just felt odd eating more than him, especially since I was eating his food (the rice cakes were mine, actually... and so was the cheese. Wait. lol)

No great shakes actually... I'll update in my journal.
    Hmm, maybe in time.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    To everybody eating liver... What does it taste like? Guess I need to try it. What do I look for when I buy it?
    I don't really know how to explain it. It can be strong, so it is usually paired with other stronger flavors such as sauteed or caramelized onions. I used to eat it on toast with butter or chopped up with eggs and onions. You want to look for pieces that have the least amount of veins / membrane. You would want to remove any of these as you don't want to eat them.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Still have problems with this most of the time. Think it's leftover "but what if I'll never be able to find anything to eat ever again??" mentality.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I was eating only saturated fat, just majority. But in terms of animal products I do feel best eating seafood as opposed to ruminant meat. I actually feel good eating chicken as well, but PUFA fear... I will probably go back to buying organic chickens every once

I believe that's why I started binging when I started eating large amounts of gluten my first year of college. And subsequent binging. Because now that I get a greater variety of whole foods (including fruit) I don't binge anymore. And I know 1800 cals isn't very much. Actually I don't know why I ever look at cals. I don't even understand them. I just like to use it as a measure to compare how much my appetite fluctuates over the span of days. I just felt odd eating more than him, especially since I was eating his food (the rice cakes were mine, actually... and so was the cheese. Wait. lol)
    I hear you. I'm getting better at eating at irregular times now, but it's still there a bit. It's improved even more since I reduced my starch and sugar tbh. Normally I'm a nightmare on holidays, nagging my parents to go eat, but I've been fasting happily enough on this trip... though as soon as I start eating I'm voracious.

Maybe 1,800 cals is enough for you. Just eat til you're full And eat chicken if you want... These days I'm of the opinion it's better to get rid of neurosis than omega 6.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I hear you. I'm getting better at eating at irregular times now, but it's still there a bit. It's improved even more since I reduced my starch and sugar tbh. Normally I'm a nightmare on holidays, nagging my parents to go eat, but I've been fasting happily enough on this trip... though as soon as I start eating I'm voracious.
    That's how I use to feel - never hungry until I began eating and then anything in front of me (or in the kitchen) was bound to be gone in a heart beat. Also it could be due to reducing starch and sugar but you are on vacation and I don't even eat that much on vacation.... You're busy, distracted, etc. See how you are when you get home

Maybe 1,800 cals is enough for you. Just eat til you're full And eat chicken if you want... These days I'm of the opinion it's better to get rid of neurosis than omega 6.
    It's possible - I rarely seem to go over it except on very hungry days and even then it's only by about 200-300 cals. And I agree.... though I know not to let myself go anywhere near nut butters... Maybe one day I'll have self control with that stuff. Actually, I probably would now. Maybe when I go back to eating bananas one day. Mmm banana and almond butter... Anyway, yes, and I am constantly thinking about that Chris Kresser (was it?) quote you used to have in your sig..

Saturday, June 15

Sleep/Energy:
    - 12:30am-6:45am. Don't know why I woke up so early. Hungry maybe.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: 3 eggs (coconut oil) + feta cheese, rice + aminos…. 45 min later: 2 rice crackers, smoked salmon
    - S: small bowl of salted carrots. Wasn't hungry, just craving them badly .
    - S/L: poppy seed pear and apple cobbler (topping made from almond meal, flax, egg, coconut oil, etc.) made for me by a friend.
    - Early D: sweet potato with garlic and herb goat cheese. omfg. ~3/4 cup yoghurt (gave myself a full cup but couldn't finish it)
    - S: rest of yoghurt, cantaloupe + salt (out of thirst). Little carrot juice in anticipation of dehydration later to come…
    - DRANKS. Specifically, 3 gin and tonics and 1 glass of wine (that was the stupid part). Also a bite of steak at my friend's house and a single chicken wing drenched in BBQ sauce at the bar.

Not incredibly hungry (besides breakfast)

- BMs: decent. Even had one after dinner (unusual) after dong Ci's anti-bloat tummy massage!
    - Bloat: not bad after breakfast(s) but by the end of the day…

Supps:
    - gelatin
    - Mg 200 mg

Skin/Acne:

No large blemishes, skin just looks bumpy and like pores are massive.

Exercise:

More pull up bar fun times

ALSO I have gotten niacinamide supps and aloe vera caps but I don't like to try more than one new supp at a time, so which should I try first? Derp, do you really think I could have a B3 deficiency? I don't think I have any of the classic symptoms

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    ALSO I have gotten niacinamide supps and aloe vera caps but I don't like to try more than one new supp at a time, so which should I try first? Derp, do you really think I could have a B3 deficiency? I don't think I have any of the classic symptoms
    Probably not a deficiency, but:

"the amounts needed seem large if niacinamide is thought of as “vitamin B3,” but it should be considered as a factor that compensates for our unphysiological exposure to inappropriate fats."

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Probably not a deficiency, but:

"the amounts needed seem large if niacinamide is thought of as “vitamin B3,” but it should be considered as a factor that compensates for our unphysiological exposure to inappropriate fats."

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
    Seems to be beneficial for metabolism as a whole. I'll give this a shot first. Just took 500mg. Is that a proper dose? And am I taking it daily?

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Well, if your BMs are good, then try the niacinamide stuff first. Not sure what you need that for... What does it do, what does it help with?
    Thinks it will help with HCL production. Plus metabolism and PUFA protection, it seems...