Page 64 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 64

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    My OB/GYN suggested that I try something different, as many people react poorly to some BCs and not others, but I was in the throws of being the sickest I had ever been in my life and I just wasn't going to experiment with it.

Could I suggest that you try beef liver instead? Chicken liver is much stronger IMO, and more likely to induce a gag reflex. Sounds great to me, though
    ...try the chicken livers roasted in the oven at 425 degrees for 17 minutes. They come out tender, lightly roasted, mild -- quite delish actually!

To prep, I use a pair of scissors and just kind of trim of the visible sinew. Marinate them in a little Braggs liquid aminos (for the salt), some good Balsamic (not the cheap grocery store stuff), a touch of Szechuan sauce, maybe a few dried herbs. Easy peasy, and a nice change from beef liver...hebs

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ah, I didn't know there would be such a difference in taste with beef vs. chicken liver, but why wouldn't there be a difference? lol. I still have like 350g liver left, though. So I have to get through that before I buy anymore. I think I'm going to make some boudin, and get into my French-cajun roots lol. Or hide it in ground meat... Idk. I'll make myself eat it. (my tummy does hurt though.) D:
    ...different taste and a completely different texture too. I hate pan-fried chicken liver, but love it as above (in the oven).

ombat is offline Senior Member
    You can blow up my liver all you like- Wait, that wasn't right.. My mom likes chicken liver and eggs, but that doesn't sound appealing to me at all D: Pan fried beef liver is great so you should try that next!

Thanks for the aloe info, Hebs, I'm sure that if I had a prostate, it would be inflamed.

Thanks for the aloe info, Hebs, I'm sure that if I had a prostate, it would be inflamed.
    ...I could've/should've expanded on that --> fully realizing that you are prostate-less of course

The aloe juice is good for prostate health/inflammation, but also does wonder for gut health/inflammation too...hebs

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...I could've/should've expanded on that --> fully realizing that you are prostate-less of course

The aloe juice is good for prostate health/inflammation, but also does wonder for gut health/inflammation too...hebs
    Oh I know - I was just giving you a hard time

Thursday, June 13:

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 11pm-5:??am. In and out of sleep until 7am. Combination of the loudest fucking cats and my cousins having full volume conversations outside of my door. Thanks!
    - Tried to fall asleep on the bus to and fro but that was pointless. Finally managed a 45 min nap in the 6pm hour. Felt glorious. Interesting note: during my attempted nap on the bus ride back I started having violent sexual fantasies. Weird.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: Maple mango yoghurt. Plenty o' salt
    - S: 2 rice cakes, couple sips of maple syrup. Was starving 2.5 hrs after breakfast…
    - L: Market Fresh buffet: ~5 oz salmon, ~1/4 cup rice, couple slices of mango and melon, some shredded carrots, peas, and beets.
    - S: 1 lb cantaloupe (it's so easy to eat that entire container), ~3/4 c. yoghurt, ~1 TBS syrup
    - D: 3 eggs cooked in a little butter, ~65g goat's brie, 2 rice cakes w/ coconut oil and salt (3 of the S's)

Pretty much starving all day. It's all coming together now (I'm looking at you, menstruation). But feeling like a bit of a pig for eating more than my full grown, adult, male cousin at dinner and then eating those 2 rice cakes. Upper end estimate is 1800 kcal for the day. Is it odd that I see a number and think "That's not enough I need more!" I think I just like being contrarian.

- BMs good quality again. Mg + Gelatin = <3
    - Bloat: idgaf atm (but actually I feel like a blimp)

Supps:
    - gelatin 1 pckt
    - Mg 200mg

Acne:
    Surprisingly good for just starting my cycle. This is usually my worst time for acne!

Menstruation: Everyone's favorite topic.
    5 days early - oh joy! But it explains the head bobbing fatigue and (extra?) bloat. I have been correlating terrible exhaustion with my period for the past few cycles. Comes with complementary brain fog and drooling all over oneself. I wonder what I can do for this? Could it be an iron issue?

Exercise:
    I've been way too tired. Or I get bursts of energy when I'm in no position to exercise (like at my desk or on a bus) but can barely move when I'm home for the day. I have been walking tons, though. I do miss my pull up bar I'll be home to use it Saturday and Sunday and then not again for another 1.5 weeks. Bums me out because I can feel the muscles in my arms forming and I'm probably going to lose them.

EDIT: started stretching and magically got the urge for push ups and jumping squats.
    Last edited by ombat; 06-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't ride it off. Moving out of California for me changed my life in a profound way. Don't dismiss the effects of venue.

Those are odd places, haha. I've always had cold fingers and toes so this is quite remarkable and definitely a sign that I (might) be healing in other ways? I didn't read that one in particular but I've read his other books in which he discusses the concepts. Right now I'm just trying to stick with his trinity (plus one) for minimal stress: salt, sugar, starch (well, I have to figure out how much starch I can really take) and saturated fat (I don't really get any fat other than that anyway).
    I'm not writing it off at all! I firmly believe three things are necessary for happiness: the right relationships, the right location, and the right purpose. I know moving to a place like SF would have a huge impact on my mood. I just don't know if it would make me be able to eat cream pies and not gain weight

Yes, I was doing the three S's, and now I'm experimenting with easing back off them...

Do you eat fish?

The most my bloating has ever gone away was when I was eating 1/2 a sweet potato and 5 oz of meat 3 times per day. This, as I found out, was unsustainable. Some of the foods I'm eating now may be problematic for me in some ways, but until I really find out what's going on I'm much healthier eating them.
    Why was it unsustainable? You mean the bloat came back?

feeling like a bit of a pig for eating more than my full grown, adult, male cousin at dinner and then eating those 2 rice cakes. Upper end estimate is 1800 kcal for the day.
    Two whole extra rice cakes and 1,800 cals???! Oink!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Aloe vera is probably a good idea. Its amazing on the skin. I like any medicinal plant thats been used for hundreds of years. This is one major thing we have lost as we have evolved.
    Sadly, in many ways I think we've devolved....
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I actually wonder if YogaBare has noticed any changes from that time of the month after taking progesterone, specifically regarding the bloating.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm not writing it off at all! I firmly believe three things are necessary for happiness: the right relationships, the right location, and the right purpose. I know moving to a place like SF would have a huge impact on my mood. I just don't know if it would make me be able to eat cream pies and not gain weight

Yes, I was doing the three S's, and now I'm experimenting with easing back off them...
    Maybe it will make you not care if you eat cream pies. Or be able to eat a bite of cream pie and move on.

Do you eat fish?
    ... I cannot dignify that with a response.

Hint: My dream is to live on an island and fish for my own food daily. Also, I think cooking fish is needless.

Why was it unsustainable? You mean the bloat came back?
    Unsustainable in that all I was fucking eating was meat and sweet potatoes. That kind of restriction is not psychologically sustainable. And possibly not physically, either. And yeah, going above about 1600 cals of it would induce bloating. There were days where I would "binge" (but of course it was just my body trying to get the energy it needed) on pounds of sweet potatoes per day.

Two whole extra rice cakes and 1,800 cals???! Oink!
    I'M A MONSTER D: I just don't understand why I seem to need more food than most people.

I would also like to know how the progesterone is working for you.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Higher metabolism maybe, specifically if you're eating a lot of sugar, it ups the metabolism, which in turn raises the need for nutrients. I know that I eat like a freaking pig.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant