To prep, I use a pair of scissors and just kind of trim of the visible sinew. Marinate them in a little Braggs liquid aminos (for the salt), some good Balsamic (not the cheap grocery store stuff), a touch of Szechuan sauce, maybe a few dried herbs. Easy peasy, and a nice change from beef liver...hebs
You can blow up my liver all you like- Wait, that wasn't right.. My mom likes chicken liver and eggs, but that doesn't sound appealing to me at all D: Pan fried beef liver is great so you should try that next!
Thanks for the aloe info, Hebs, I'm sure that if I had a prostate, it would be inflamed.
Thursday, June 13:
- Slept 11pm-5:??am. In and out of sleep until 7am. Combination of the loudest fucking cats and my cousins having full volume conversations outside of my door. Thanks!
- Tried to fall asleep on the bus to and fro but that was pointless. Finally managed a 45 min nap in the 6pm hour. Felt glorious. Interesting note: during my attempted nap on the bus ride back I started having violent sexual fantasies. Weird.
- B: Maple mango yoghurt. Plenty o' salt
- S: 2 rice cakes, couple sips of maple syrup. Was starving 2.5 hrs after breakfast…
- L: Market Fresh buffet: ~5 oz salmon, ~1/4 cup rice, couple slices of mango and melon, some shredded carrots, peas, and beets.
- S: 1 lb cantaloupe (it's so easy to eat that entire container), ~3/4 c. yoghurt, ~1 TBS syrup
- D: 3 eggs cooked in a little butter, ~65g goat's brie, 2 rice cakes w/ coconut oil and salt (3 of the S's)
Pretty much starving all day. It's all coming together now (I'm looking at you, menstruation). But feeling like a bit of a pig for eating more than my full grown, adult, male cousin at dinner and then eating those 2 rice cakes. Upper end estimate is 1800 kcal for the day. Is it odd that I see a number and think "That's not enough I need more!" I think I just like being contrarian.
- BMs good quality again. Mg + Gelatin = <3
- Bloat: idgaf atm (but actually I feel like a blimp)
- gelatin 1 pckt
- Mg 200mg
Surprisingly good for just starting my cycle. This is usually my worst time for acne!
Menstruation: Everyone's favorite topic.
5 days early - oh joy! But it explains the head bobbing fatigue and (extra?) bloat. I have been correlating terrible exhaustion with my period for the past few cycles. Comes with complementary brain fog and drooling all over oneself. I wonder what I can do for this? Could it be an iron issue?
I've been way too tired. Or I get bursts of energy when I'm in no position to exercise (like at my desk or on a bus) but can barely move when I'm home for the day. I have been walking tons, though. I do miss my pull up bar I'll be home to use it Saturday and Sunday and then not again for another 1.5 weeks. Bums me out because I can feel the muscles in my arms forming and I'm probably going to lose them.
EDIT: started stretching and magically got the urge for push ups and jumping squats.
Last edited by ombat; 06-13-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Yes, I was doing the three S's, and now I'm experimenting with easing back off them...
Do you eat fish?
Two whole extra rice cakes and 1,800 cals???! Oink!feeling like a bit of a pig for eating more than my full grown, adult, male cousin at dinner and then eating those 2 rice cakes. Upper end estimate is 1800 kcal for the day.
"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.
In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."
- Ray Peat
I actually wonder if YogaBare has noticed any changes from that time of the month after taking progesterone, specifically regarding the bloating.
... I cannot dignify that with a response.Do you eat fish?
Hint: My dream is to live on an island and fish for my own food daily. Also, I think cooking fish is needless.
Unsustainable in that all I was fucking eating was meat and sweet potatoes. That kind of restriction is not psychologically sustainable. And possibly not physically, either. And yeah, going above about 1600 cals of it would induce bloating. There were days where I would "binge" (but of course it was just my body trying to get the energy it needed) on pounds of sweet potatoes per day.Why was it unsustainable? You mean the bloat came back?
I'M A MONSTER D: I just don't understand why I seem to need more food than most people.Two whole extra rice cakes and 1,800 cals???! Oink!
I would also like to know how the progesterone is working for you.