Page 63 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 63

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Aloe vera is probably a good idea. Its amazing on the skin. I like any medicinal plant thats been used for hundreds of years. This is one major thing we have lost as we have evolved.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Squash is another one my stomach doesn't really like. Thought it would be easier than potatoes / yams but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I like any medicinal plant thats been used for hundreds of years.
    Oh really is that a good indication that it works? :P I just remember that the stuff my nanny brought me also had juice and sugar in it and at the time I was still scared to death of something like that. I will try to find the liquid first and if that's not possibly I will try caps.

Also, on a somewhat maybe related note, I just started my cycle (5 days early) so that could account for much of the discomfort I've been feeling these past few days in the bloat department. Stupid female hormones ruining everything!
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Totally, if you females could just stop bleeding all the time, youd be all set.

I don't trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die.

But in all sherioushness, it really is very difficult to tell what is making you bloat when sometimes it just turns out to be your period. Extra difficulty when you aren't regular.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    That's why I take seasonelle -- I only bleed 4x per year (usually)
    Some people take hormonal BC with great success but I'm not one of them :/

Also, have you thought about the aloe Vera anymore?
    Yeah I mentioned above that I'm going to look for the juice first and if I can't find that I'll try caps

Zach is offline Banned
    Ooooooom, Whole foods will have the juice.

Oh wow that happened to a friend of mine - apparently it's a mightily excruciating experience which I guess you can attest to. I'm glad that the BC takes care of it, though.

The caps are really that concentrated huh? Ok I will buy those.

Zaaaaaaach, we don have wholefoods in my town, thank god (I would be broke) but I have a supplement store by me that is bound to have one form or another... Else they're all over Seattle so I could just get it there.

Thanks for the protip! I'll head over there this weekend.

My main complaints were extreme BO (I could smell myself immediately after getting out of the shower!), shedding, oh, and that my cycle was never regular again despite being regular from the first day I got it at age 13.

Haha, that face does not look like a happy one... How did you prepare it?

My OB/GYN suggested that I try something different, as many people react poorly to some BCs and not others, but I was in the throws of being the sickest I had ever been in my life and I just wasn't going to experiment with it.

Could I suggest that you try beef liver instead? Chicken liver is much stronger IMO, and more likely to induce a gag reflex. Sounds great to me, though

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    ...my Russian Urologist actually recommended an aloe vera juice -- even before anti-biotics, imagine that -- for an inflamed prostate.

The brand he had me using was Lily of the Desert. Dosage was two ounces (1/4 cup) mixed with juice, 15-30 minutes before breakfast and dinner.

The large jug was 128oz, so 64 servings, and it would last a month if you used it twice (4oz) per day. I can't remember the cost, but it wasn't crazy expensive or anything.

They also sell a gel in the same kind of format, to be mixed with juice. As well, they have a preservative free version too. Hmmm, for some reason, something around $25/128oz sounds about right...hebs