Page 61 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 61

  1. #601
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I remember you saying you did not do well with Derp-amounts of coffee. I also think it has been messing with my mood. Thankfully I'm at a point (in my life, I mean) where I can observe when something is wrong. Instead of being overcome by anxious or depressed feelings, I think "this is odd.... I wonder what's happening here..." but that is only expressed on the inside. I still act anxious or depressed. I'm going to go back to my non caffeinated / nicotined ways at least until I can figure out how to mitigate these effects, or whether it's even worth it.
    That's pretty significant! i've gotten to that point recently too. I still lose the awareness sometimes, but most of the time I can notice when something is part of a cycle or if it's a triggered specifically by an external stimuli.

    I think Derp's explanation of the cigarette versus tobacco makes a lot of sense, and for that reason I now tell smokers to switch to tobacco if they still want to smoke, but there's lots of reasons I still wouldn't toke. Energetic reasons (for real).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  2. #602
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Oh yeah it's total awareness all the time but no control. It kind of reminds me how my mother described the emotional effects of menopause...

    It is quite a terrible feeling - I become overcome with exhaustion but my heart is beating so fast that I can't fall asleep. It's torturous.

  3. #603
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oh yeah it's total awareness all the time but no control. It kind of reminds me how my mother described the emotional effects of menopause...

    It is quite a terrible feeling - I become overcome with exhaustion but my heart is beating so fast that I can't fall asleep. It's torturous.
    I feel like that about my body these days.

    I actually meant energy in a quantum physics reference frame. Drugs effect our energy systems (and thus our nervous systems) quite powerfully.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #604
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    People have varying levels of tolerance, I wouldn't recommend my dosage of caffeine; or nicotine, to anyone unless they were like me. I've been consuming both for many years, and as such, I don't feel any of the symptoms you guys talk about. For caffeine though, people usually mention feeling like that after coffee if they don't consume at least 5 cups a day for about a week or so, then they build up a decent tolerance to it and feel better. I'd imagine the same thing could be said about nicotine, but I'd only recommend smoking before bed or after dinner to most people that aren't in a very stressful state.

    Plus I'm just naturally relaxed and impervious to high strung feelings followed by a "crash".

    Caffeine's Vascular Mechanisms of Action

    Could even try more chocolate too, theobromine is very mood enhancing.

    Decaf coffee still has the anti-oxidant properties from the polyphenols in coffee, but it lacks the qualities of caffeine(metabolism stimulant, progesterone, etc)
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  5. #605
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I actually meant energy in a quantum physics reference frame. Drugs effect our energy systems (and thus our nervous systems) quite powerfully.
    Oh, well... it still makes me feel like crap

    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    People have varying levels of tolerance, I wouldn't recommend my dosage of caffeine; or nicotine, to anyone unless they were like me. I've been consuming both for many years, and as such, I don't feel any of the symptoms you guys talk about. For caffeine though, people usually mention feeling like that after coffee if they don't consume at least 5 cups a day for about a week or so, then they build up a decent tolerance to it and feel better. I'd imagine the same thing could be said about nicotine, but I'd only recommend smoking before bed or after dinner to most people that aren't in a very stressful state.

    Plus I'm just naturally relaxed and impervious to high strung feelings followed by a "crash".

    Caffeine's Vascular Mechanisms of Action

    Could even try more chocolate too, theobromine is very mood enhancing.

    Decaf coffee still has the anti-oxidant properties from the polyphenols in coffee, but it lacks the qualities of caffeine(metabolism stimulant, progesterone, etc)
    5 cups a day.... I'm not doing that. It looks like it has a lot of benefits for those who tolerate it, but I don't know how much forcing my body to cope with it will do me any good. Maybe I'm wrong. I might choose the decaf coffee route when I'm presented with an option, but since my main reason for trying it was for the bowel stimulation I probably won't consume it on a daily basis.

  6. #606
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Dont drink it if you dont want to. Not a big deal.

  7. #607
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oh, well... it still makes me feel like crap



    5 cups a day.... I'm not doing that. It looks like it has a lot of benefits for those who tolerate it, but I don't know how much forcing my body to cope with it will do me any good. Maybe I'm wrong. I might choose the decaf coffee route when I'm presented with an option, but since my main reason for trying it was for the bowel stimulation I probably won't consume it on a daily basis.
    Well, I'm not trying to coerce you into drinking coffee, if you don't want it, don't drink it. The main laxative properties in coffee are probably just the niacin and magnesium, rather than the caffeine.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  8. #608
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, I'm not trying to coerce you into drinking coffee, if you don't want it, don't drink it. The main laxative properties in coffee are probably just the niacin and magnesium, rather than the caffeine.
    Oh I wasn't implying that you were. Supping Mg seems to be working for me, really. And I think that not having days worth of waste putrefying in my bowels (mmm, putrefying bowels) is more beneficial than possible excess Mg in my system before it gets excreted. Right? And I will pick some niacin up this weekend. Thanks Derpalerp <3

  9. #609
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, I'm not trying to coerce you into drinking coffee, if you don't want it, don't drink it. The main laxative properties in coffee are probably just the niacin and magnesium, rather than the caffeine.
    Its the stimulant effect for me, same with coffee. Happens immediately after my first cig.

  10. #610
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Ci, I'll see what I can find. Surprisingly, I haven't done much research on it. All I know is that it's supposed to be anti-inflammatory, which would probably help me. I think it was offered to me during one of my I'm sick of everything! phases and I never really gave it a second thought. Zach and Derp, do you have opinions on aloe vera?

    Z, coffee and cigs helped me the first 2 times. That seems to be the case with a lot of the things I try. I think I've found the miracle treatment / cure and then it just stops working.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •