Page 60 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 60

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tobacco can be a vasodilator and a relaxant, not surprised it makes you feel more tired.

With caffeine, it's probably just tolerance. You amp up after consuming it, then downregulate, and it makes you feel tired.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Im more tired after coffee as well but i always drink it with massive gelatin which has a calming effect.

Derp, i thought tobacco wa a constrictor? I keep getting drugs mixed up on which a dilators and which are constrictors.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your experiences, folks. Yes, I too was under the impression that nicotine was a vasoconstrictor. Get your story straight, Derp!

Ci, that is interesting... Manipulating points on your legs to target stomach bloat?

Monday, June 10

Sleep/Energy:
    - 11pm-8:30am. Straight through!
    - in and out of consciousness for 1.5 hours after breakfast + a smoke.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: maple mango yoghurt
    - L: Can of tuna + 1 egg pan fried with golden potatoes, little butter, and curry
    - S: 1/4 salted watermelon (for thirst)
    - S: ~1/2 cup cherry coconut ice cream
    - D: ~1/4 cup chocolate coconut ice cream, 2 eggs + rice (coconut oil + aminos)
    -S: 1/4 cantaloupe, yoghurt + maple (2+ TBS probably) + chocolate and cinnamon

My appetite was bigger than my stomach today me thinks. Felt a bit nauseous at times.

- Digestion is not that great. Bit in the morning, bit in the evening. Think I'm going back on magnesium.
    - Bloat standard

Supps:
    - Tobacco - earliest I have smoked, right after breakfast. All it did was make me sleepy and dehydrated (constrictorÖ)
    - Palo Santo - Keep forgetting to mention this. I believe I told Derp about this some time ago. It's a sweet wood from South America that you burn and I've noticed for some time that the smoke gets my bowels moving, so I think I will light this up every morning from now on.
    - Mg 200mg - My digestion is too sluggish and is going to create more problems than having excess Mg (which don't you just excrete anyway?)

Acne:
    - FINALLY healing. That only took over a weekÖ Lots of red marks / scabs on my face (lovely) but no actual acne.

No, but it's been recommended to me. The woman who (basically) raised me is from Mexico (apparently it's big there) and swears that it's cured every one she's ever known of any ailment ever. What have you noticed, personally?

Does ice cream bother your stomach or you just don't want to eat it? The only ingredients are coconut milk, agave (whatever), vanilla, and either chocolate, cherries, etc.

And yeah, I feel like today was extremely simple (most days are because I'm sick of being in the kitchen) but still so tasty... I'm a bit obsessed with coconut aminos... and curry.

Just in case anyone was vaguely curious about Bat's living "habits" (I know the curiosity plagues you..)

7th circle of hell.jpg

Aaaaand yes, I am posting this instead of actually doing something about it. How astute of you all to notice.

Maybe I'll sleep on the couch tonight.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Well, it depends. My point was on the vasodilation in cerebral circulation, but, I believe the vasoconstrictive properties they elude to are in the skin(wrinkles)

Sry been on my phone, hate using this thing to post
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Coffee and bloating begin discussed in the Batcave... All is right with the world

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm starting to think that coffee (and tobacco) actually make me more tired. I couldn't get out of bed for an hour and half after smoking this morning and now that I think about it, I used to have an energy crash after drinking yerba mate every day but didn't seem to get as tired if I forgot to drink it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ya know, sometimes caffeine makes me tired, too. And I know for a fact that smoking hookah suppresses my appetite AND makes me very tired. Yesterday, I had an energy drink and I was fighting to stay awake past 11pm! ANND I woke up at noon, nearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khainag View Post
    Yeah seconded on the caffeine and tiredness. I had two coffees today and skipped lunch... and I feel tired and anxious. It sucks (but I just had some yogurt, eggs and butter and doing better I think...).
    I have to agree on the coffee. In January I was trying to implement a lot of Peats protocols and I've never drunk so much coffee... It didn't last long cos I became aware that more than two cups in quick succession made me an anxious, exhausted mess. I adore coffee, but the devil's in the dosage.

So cool being in the same time zone as y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Time for some soul searching experiments with YogaBare?

Try her brother first, then her.
    This is slightly disturbing...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-11-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, it depends. My point was on the vasodilation in cerebral circulation, but, I believe the vasoconstrictive properties they elude to are in the skin(wrinkles)
    Inneresting. I didn't know that. Anyway, I think I'm going to take some time off..

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    This is slightly disturbing...
    Only slightly?

And I remember you saying you did not do well with Derp-amounts of coffee. I also think it has been messing with my mood. Thankfully I'm at a point (in my life, I mean) where I can observe when something is wrong. Instead of being overcome by anxious or depressed feelings, I think "this is odd.... I wonder what's happening here..." but that is only expressed on the inside. I still act anxious or depressed. I'm going to go back to my non caffeinated / nicotined ways at least until I can figure out how to mitigate these effects, or whether it's even worth it.

Tuesday, June 11

Sleep/Energy:
    - 11:30pm-12:30am-8:45am. Couldn't get out of bed until 9:30…
    - Energy was fine all day, finally. No caffeine or nicotine. Sleepy after dinner but it was a relatively big meal.

Food/Hunger/Digestion:
    - B: Maple mango yoghurt
    - S: 1/4 salted watermelon
    - L: prawns, gold potatoes and rice
    - S: 6 dried strawberries
    - S: 'nother handful…
    - D: prawns, 3 eggs + feta cheese (little coconut oil), small amount of rice w/ coconut aminos, ~1/2 yam w/ cinnamon
    - S: ~3/4 c. cherry coconut ice cream + a little maple
    - Entertainment (was not hungry): peach and blueberry "cobbler" made with almond meal (OMG oxidized PUFA! Zach save me)

I feel like I've been craving "warming" foods recently. Maybe because I've missed starches so much. Or maybe it's just because I've been reading a lot of Stone.

- Digestion much better. I need Mg for now…
    - Feel uncomfortably bloated. Usually the bloat isn't that uncomfortable. Must be the starch?

Supps:
    - Mg 200mg
    - Zn 50mg

Temp:
    Haven't done this in a long time. Waking (after rolling around for some time) was 97.8. Just on the cusp of normal and definitely not in the 96's. Woot. Also my hands have been warm for ages now. Feet not always, but still a big improvement.

Exercise:
    - Just walking and stretching. I'm taking the cue from my body to rest.

I arrived to my cousins' house this evening to the smell of sweet potatoes and a peach cobbler sitting out on their counter.

"What happened to 21 days no sugar?"
    "Oh, yeah, we felt like crap so we stopped that."

Om 1, cousins 0.