Page 55 of 138 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 55

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yes I know, you did tell me... *wears dunce hat*
    I just had SO many negative experiences with trying out new facial cleansers, and right now, my face isn't really so problematic, now it's only my shoulders! And they're doing much better today, and I suppose I have my boyfriend to thank for massaging medicated soap into my skin for like 10 minutes. I also just started regularly eating Knox gelatin -- is that supposed to help with breakouts, or just wrinkles?
    Do whatever's working for you atm! But if you have troubles again, it's just something to keep in mind

I'm all for this diet, fuckyeah. Is smoking a hookah okay for the tobacco supplementation? lol.
    All tobacco inquiries must be deferred to Derpapedia.

Re: punching our stomachs, I actually have a massage technique that works really well to reduce my bloating. It kind of hurts, and it takes a bit of practice to get it right, but it does it's job. I just can't do it when people are in the room >___>
    And you've been holding out on us??? Wtf?

I have had times like this as well, where my sleep gets disrupted because (I'm assuming) I didn't eat enough. Are you really sweaty during the night, whenever you wake up? That's a huge sign that you're not getting enough food in during the day.
    I did sweat last night, but not previous nights. I have been having heart palps though which I suffered from greatly when I dropped to 100- lb during my sickest time, so I think that's my indication.

Fixing it now: Since you said that you aren't having any trouble with hunger today, just eat whatever, whenever you like. Can you eat chocolate? What about maple syrup, potatoes, eggs, oils, fatty meats, rice? All that stuff adds up pretty fast, ya know.

Prevention: If you wanna bring food to work, why not bring some fruit, hardboiled eggs, or even some jerky (if you can eat that, idk.) My fav thing to eat after dinner is yogurt. It's like a dessert! Yocoa FTW (yogurt + cocoa) lol. The restaurants near your job, though -- isn't it difficult to get gluten-free stuff? Maybe since you live in Cali, and they're all super trendy or whatever, they probably have a whole GF section. paki curry sounds awesome!
    I'm consuming extra syrup today, coconut products, and I'll be getting Thai food (rice and coconut) or sushi (or both!) later. I might even get the curry that has potato in it along with rice! I had been bringing beef and rice cakes to work but I think the quantity just wasn't enough. I can add fruit to that or just more of the previously mentioned. I've never had trouble finding gluten free foods, maybe it's more difficult on the east coast, but there is so much Japanese, Thai, Indian, Central/South American, etc. on this coast and most of those foods are naturally gluten free. You just have to avoid soy sauce and thickeners (authentic places won't use these anyway). I will definitely try the curry (and post pics)!

Another thing I wanted to say was that I don't think you should force yourself to eat when you don't want to, really. Aren't we all trying to listen to our bodies more closely? I know you were wondering if your body might be wrong, but I think our bodies know what we need a lot more than our brains do. If you weren't hungry for a few days, it's okay. You're making up for it today, and there's no harm done save a bad night's sleep. Hope your sleep improves so you can be all jazzed up and ready for your Yoyodate
    I was only going to force myself to eat today if I wasn't hungry, but I am so I figure my signals are working properly and I will not push past satiation. I understand that Zach wants me to make up for what I missed, but I think my body will naturally do so. And since EAT I am very uncomfortable doing this purposefully. I am just going to eat calorically dense foods until I am full and repeat when I become hungry again.

Thanks so much for your insights, Ci <3

Also, about the massage/bloat technique: it's really awkward and embarrassing to explain. Maybe I can find the article that taught me to do it years ago.
    No! I want an instructional video of YOU doing it.

Reading your response and your simple acceptance of hunger really puts things into perspective for myself, by the way. It's shocking to me that you're feeling deprived from eating 1.4k, when I usually feel like I've had so much food if I go over that amount. Made me do some thinking about my perception of normal! Yep, I'm calling YOU normal, om
    Well we all have our skewed perceptions

It helps that I've never not accepted my hunger. I ate more food through my growing years - even being in the 10th percentile of height and weight - than my full grown family members plus my sister who was 6 years my senior and in the 90th percentile of height. So I'm not only used to consuming quite a bit, but consuming tons in comparison to everyone else! It may have been due to intolerances / malnutrition, but whatever, we'll just forget about that But anyway, I'm glad I can be an out-standing example for you I wonder if you are having appetite suppression issues from all the exercise or just stress in general?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Tobacco is most definitely a supplement. Man, I'm so proud of all of you...
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    You were worried that THAT would be embarrassing to explain?! Ombats talking about self enemas over here.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ooooooooooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Tobacco is most definitely a supplement. Man, I'm so proud of all of you...
    It has some powerful effects for sure. Probably never would have tried it if I hadn't been turned on to those Nat Shermans, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You were worried that THAT would be embarrassing to explain?! Ombats talking about self enemas over here.
    If I make just one contribution to anyone's life, it will be that they feel no shame in admitting to anything they've done... because I have done worse.

Ci, I tried it for a few minutes but I've just eaten and so it's a little painful. I will try it again when I've given myself some time to digest.

Friday, June 7

Sleep/Energy:
    S: Somewhere in the 1:00 hour - 6:45am and some time before that. My sleep has been absolute shit this week, which I am not used to and do not care for - I've never had problems sleeping through the night. I wonder if it's the calorie deficit? Was able to fall asleep for another hour after breakfast and woke up with heart palps.
    E: Woke up tired

Food/Digestion:
    - B (7am): maple mango yoghurt (extra maple)
    - B2 (10am, after nap): 28g (1 oz) Feta (I need to find low sodium, even this is too salty), prawns (lots)
    - B3 (it's only 11:30am!): 1/2 pint chocolate coconut milk ice cream. Felt a bit nauseous afterwards, but at least it satiated me…
    - L (3:45pm): 3 eggs with feta (cooked in a little coconut oil), 2 rice cakes
    - Entertainment: a few rice crackers, sip of red wine
    - D (9:45pm): yellow curry with chicken, potato, and carrots, rice

Feel good! I was very hungry for each and every one of those meals.

- Great BMs!
    - Didn't really pay attention until after dinner and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Supps:
    - SUN! about 15 minutes of concentrated sun time
    - Mg (200mg) I wonder if this is causing at least some of the bloating? But I'm afraid to stop taking it because if I can't have BMs on my own, that in itself will cause bloating (as well as a host of other problems). Oh the dilemma.
    EDIT: didn't take the Mg

Exercise:
    - jumping squats 20 x 1, 15 x 1
    - jackknife pull ups - 20 x 1, 10 x 1
    - practice: jumping pull ups and half pull ups
    - dips: 15 x 3
    Felt very dizzy afterwards, which is why I stopped there .
    Last edited by ombat; 06-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Re: the heart palpatations, are you feeling anxious? and try eating closer to sleep and getting even more calcium. even if you supplement calcium carbonate or something, yours may be thrown off from the mag supplements.
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    I really dont think oral magnesium is good to take long term. Have you tried a strong up of coffee and a cigarette?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Re: the heart palpatations, are you feeling anxious? and try eating closer to sleep and getting even more calcium. even if you supplement calcium carbonate or something, yours may be thrown off from the mag supplements.
    Yes. Well I was from Sun-Wed. Not anymore. I'm eating a good amount of dairy and maybe I'll cut back on the magnesium supps. I don't want to take anymore supps D:

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I really dont think oral magnesium is good to take long term. Have you tried a strong up of coffee and a cigarette?
    Coffee has been proven to stimulate my bowels, so maybe I should switch over. You don't think that will cause dependency? Or bloating? I need to find that instant stuff Derp was talking about...