Page 53 of 138 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 53

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nutella is like crack. You can find high quality "nutella" at health food stores that is jus chocolate, hazelnuts, and sugar.

That reminds me of when I was in Italy. Corner cafes made these waffle things out of cookie dough and smothered them with nutella + whatever you want. They had these humongous jar of nutella - at least 1.5 feet tall - that I thought were props until they actually shoved a spatula in them! Oh god I miss the food in Italy.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Meeeeee too! OMG there's this Ristourante alla Rampa (restaurant by the Spanish Steps in Rome) and we went there like 3x in 2 days, haha. You could order ANYTHING on the menu and it was absolutely delicious. Before I figured out my gluten stuff, that was a great place to eat. I remember those giant nutella jars, too!
    I am so glad I was in Italy before all my dietary crap. I can't recall eating a single bite of food that wasn't spectacular. Their cheese is NOT like our cheese...

And, I've made my own nutella before with a blender, cocoa powder, stevia, almond milk, and mac nut oil. It was really good, but it's kind of like a treat that I don't wanna allow myself too often, ya know? And god, if I bought a jar of that "healthy nutella" -- it'd be gone in a weekend.
    That sounds delicious. Healthy nutella is also pretty expensive, so maybe that would be enough to get you to savor it

Wednesday, June 5

Sleep/Energy:
    - 11pm-6:30am. Woke up sometime in the early morning as well.
    - So tired I had to stop for coffee on my way to work.
    - Was at a friend's in the evening and could barely stay awake, but he roped me into staying until around 12:30am.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: Yoghurt mango maple salt
    - 10am: 4 oz black coffee
    - L: 150g gf ground beef, 2 rice cakes
    - 2:45pm: couple more sips of coffee
    - S: 2 apples
    - D: 1/2 cup cottage cheese + maple w/ cinnamon and vanilla (made myself 1 cup but couldnít finish it. Was a little too nauseating), 150g gf ground beef.

- BMs were small but frequent in the AM but the coffee really got me going! Throughout the day I kept having the urge to go but without any resultÖ
    - Bloat wasn't too bad until after dinner

Supps:
    - gelatin
    - Mg (200mg)

Acne:
    - This is relentless, man. I even put some Rx, acid cream shit on the biggest cyst when I got home.

Exercise:
    - None. Seriously no time.

Immediately upon arriving back in Tacoma I received a text from my close friend's girlfriend asking if I wanted to come over. She fell asleep about an hour after I arrived and I, wanting my evening to take a similar turn, went to bid adieu to my friend who was out smoking on the balcony. I asked him how he's been doing as last time we spoke he expressed some concerns he was having about life in general and this prompted me to stay for a three hour conversation. This is the friend who turned my life around in terms of how I perceive the world and helped me emerge from some dark places so it disheartens me when all I can really do is keep the conversation going so that he may come to conclusions himself. I ask him all of the questions that come to mind - questions that might prompt him to make some insights of his own - and apparently he did by the end of the evening. But he is so complicated and abnormal in terms of what gets to him emotionally that I fear I really don't offer him much help besides being a friend. Do you guys ever feel helpless when you're trying to be the one of help? Is it enough just to be there to listen? Or do you ever feel like someone has given you so much that you could never possibly give them as much in return? Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Have you correlated your dairy consumption to the cystic acne, maybe? I've been breaking out, too, and I'm suspecting maybe it's my beloved yogurt that's doing it
    I actually don't think it's the case for me. It would have started up longer ago than Sunday and Saturday night I pulled a substance induced all-nighter which always, without fail, fucks up my face. Then I went to stay with my cousins, started the internship, etc. and I think the anxiety there has played a role in why it isn't subsiding as quickly as it might have otherwise.

Have you tried cutting out dairy for a few weeks to find out? Worse that happens is you go a few weeks without yoghurt. Could be worth it.

And your friend-- yes, there is someone who has helped me so much that I feel I could never help him enough in return: my boyfriend. He has literally saved my life twice, and I don't know how I could ever match that! Really, though, I do think that just being able to listen and be a good friend to this guy is all anyone can really ask for. There have been so many times when I just wish I had someone to talk to that understands my perspective, but I didn't have anyone like that in my life. Don't worry about not having all the answers: no one does! I think you're doing great just by being a caring person.
    You're right I think I (and perhaps you as well) just need to accept that everything doesn't have to (and can't) be equally compensated for when it comes to matters such as this. Just because you haven't saved your SO's life doesn't mean that he isn't fulfilled by what you do offer him. And just because I don't have the answers my friend needs doesn't mean that he doesn't benefit from our relationship. In fact, you mention just having someone to understand your perspective and that's exactly what I offer him. He is... unconventional... to say the least and knows me as one of the few who share his values and I him as well, so it is symbiotic (or I should say mutualistic) the majority of the time.

Have you ever tried forums for recovering EDs? Actually, part of me doesn't even want to recommend this. Might be too many emotions flying around...
    Last edited by ombat; 06-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    I swear, women get acne because they fuck with their skin way to much.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Uuuummmmbop - sorry I haven't been frequenting here of late! I had that sanity thread going and don't have time to write long / insightful (or so I think) posts right now Can't WAIT to meet up with you though! I'm flying to NYC in a few hours, then CA on MOnday!

I'm actually thinking of going to LA. I have a few contacts there. Would it be madness to get a bus? Is public transport just for thugs and homeless people and I'll never make it there without getting held up at gun point? (this is what Hollywood tells me LA is like...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I swear, women get acne because they fuck with their skin way to much.
    I never had acne til I went off the pill, age 24. Before then I always had perfect skin.

I blame everything on hormones now
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Ladies with skin problems: Have you visited Clear Skin. Amazing Life. Incredible You. | The Love Vitamin Tracy, the inspiring author of the incredible blog and whom changed my perception of life, cured her hormonal acne with a natural supplement. This is after years of very drastic dietary and lifestyle changes. If you haven't already, I would highly encourage you to visit her blog and browse through the eye-opening and insightful content she has deeply and passionately talked about.

I wouldn't recommend washing your face more than once per day and of course, use only natural ingredients. (honey!) I know it's easier said that done, but try not to stress about it too much. I'm only just clearing my skin which I put down to not eating enough food, not exercising thus having an under active thyroid. Mine too was painful jawline acne that takes forever to heal.

Seriously, check it out. Even if you don't clear your acne, you will learn A LOT about nutrition and life in general. Take one thing at a time and be patient. Remember: You won't have acne FOR EVER and your body is just telling you something isn't quite right.

All the best.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Ci, that's what I'd expect from an ED forum, honestly. I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away.

I was going to say that maybe you should not be washing your face so much. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but the more you wash, the more your skin will try to overcompensate for stripping the oils.

Anyway, I really do leave my face alone. I wash it in the evening with castille soap (and baking soda most of the time), dab any open spots with rubbing alcohol, apply some tea tree oil and coconut oil, wiping off any excess. Every few days I use raw honey. It really has been great recently. It's just when I do stupid shit like put toxins in my body that it freaks out.

Thanks for the link Nstocks. I will definitely check it out!

Yoges, it is nearly impossible to take public transportation in LA. 1) It is full of crazies and 2) LA is such a horribly laid out area (you really just have to experience it / live there yourself to understand) and traffic is such a nightmare that a) trying to get anywhere would probably require 5 buses minimum and b) none of them would be running on schedule.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yoges, it is nearly impossible to take public transportation in LA. 1) It is full of crazies and 2) LA is such a horribly laid out area (you really just have to experience it / live there yourself to understand) and traffic is such a nightmare that a) trying to get anywhere would probably require 5 buses minimum and b) none of them would be running on schedule.
    I started washing my face with rose water again. Love it! It's so gentle - perfect for sensitive skin. Isn't baking soda quite harsh...?

Oh, also coconut oil gives some people acne, which is why it's often not recommended to use on the face.

So, you're visiting a friend in SF - what day do you want to meet? Maybe we could meet for lunch one day and if we don't hate each other we could all go for a drink another night?

Bwt, came up with a cover story for operation setting--you-up-with-my-brother: you are my friends younger sister
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-06-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You seem pretty obnoxious. The least amount of time spent together would probably be best.

I'm not sure whether I'm flying in that Wed evening or Thurs morning, but perhaps Friday or Saturday or parts of both would work for me!

Oh great, our relationship is already starting out with lies... Haha.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?