Page 52 of 138 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 52

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Eat the carbs! Smuggle it in if you have to. Your cousins might be very nice people but omg in my experience, low carb paleoers are the most annoying people to be around. I know, i was one.

Lol, i got this guy on my FB that just found paleo and now hes posting non stop about it. Yesterday it was a pic of his bulletproof coffee. Today it was a pic of his coconut flavored Tequila that is "paleo approved". Fuck.
    Oh, I brought an entire bottle of maple syrup with me. Don't worry, I've got this shit covered

I know exactly what you mean but they really aren't like that, fortunately. They said they'd been eating poorly recently (restaurant sauces, questionable ingredients, etc.) and just wanted to clear out their systems. Of course I don't agree that is the way to go about it, but if they're happy that's all I care about.

Oh, yes, people are as dumb as a sack of potatoes (and not as tasty, either). My favorite thing circulating the social media sites right now is the bacon taco shell. Perhaps you've seen it.

Zach is offline Banned
    No, i had not seen that, and i gotta say, i kinda want one! Cant believe no one has come out with the Bacon Diet by now. Hmmm...

That taco practically epitomized the Primal diet: bacon and cream.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I bet my riding gloves would work perfectly! I know I can do so much more than my hands will let me, haha
    I thought the exact same thing! Riding gloves are the best.

Eating with my cousins will be more interesting than I thought. I knew they were low-ish carb, but apparently they just started 30 days sugar free (including starch). Just my luck, huh? So I'll probably grab a sweet potato or melon or something from the store to have with whatever meat they prepare for dinner. On one hand I'll feel bad about it because my cousin's wife says she already misses sweet potatoes, but on the other hand I need to take care of myself. What do you guys think? They're really relaxed people - it won't be an issue.
    I can't believe how you're not spotting the opportunity for a conversion here!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I can't believe how you're not spotting the opportunity for a conversion here!
    Yeah, I'm not really a preacher. Plus they've never expressed problems with the way they're eating, so it's not like I'm just going to jump in with, "Hey! I know you guys feel great and your skin is clearer than ever, but actually you're doing it wrong!" I was able to have a more technical convo with cousin's wife today about why I've been eating the way that I have. Basically I told her about Zach and others who are heralding dairy and carbs from fruits and simple sugars and why that's beneficial for your thyroid and hormones and why PUFAs are not so good (I did not say "devil" Zach, sorry). I kind of just ended it with a warning in the ways of if they ever start to not feel so great, this might be the route they choose to take next.

Tuesday, June 4

Sleep/Energy:
    -10:15pm - 5:45am-6:45am-7:10am. Bah
    - Crashed hard after my lunch of gelato and gelato .
    - Just super tired. Combo of sleep debt from over the weekend plus new situations (living somewhere else, starting the internship) always drain me because I'm a little baby.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: Yoghurt + mango + ample maple + salt
    - L: Scoop each of raspberry and coconut gelato*, 2 rice cakes
    - S: 1lb melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon)
    - D: ground turkey cooked with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, shit ton of spices, coconut aminos, wine vinegar, etc. little bit of lettuce. Ok, vegetables actually do taste pretty good. Shot of maple syrup (I didn't eat very much of turkey mixture. All those veggies will kill me most likely. Sigh.

* GELATO! Went out at lunch with a fellow intern. Was only going to have a few bites, but obviously that turned into the entire thing. Oops. But miracle of miracles it did not make me gassy or crampy. When I had bits of cream a few weeks ago, that happened immediately. My daily yogurt since then must be working! However, I did crash pretty hard core after it and had a headache for pretty much the rest of the day. I wonder if it's the fat content more than the dairy itself, because I felt really disgusting after eating that coconut oil yesterday.

- BMs: not as present as I'd hoped.
    - Bloat: it's there

Supps:
    - Gelatin (yesterday as well)
    - Mg (200mg)

Acne:
    A mess

Exercise
    - Walked a ton: first to the gelato place, then got off the bus a stop early to hit up the market for the melon and walked from there, then went out with cousins, family and friends on a 3 mile walk through a park. I am so sore and tired and I have blisters on my toes from my work shoes and aaahhhhh. But was worth it, and so lovely:

Greenlake.jpg

Proposed eating plan for Thursday through the weekend:

So this is obviously not the residue free diet I'd be adhering to if I was living at home, cooking my own meals. Life doesn't want me to heal. So what I'm thinking at least for Thurs and Fri I'll just stick to juice/fruit, dairy, gelatin/eggs maybe, and syrup. I don't want to eat too much yogurt, so what about cottage cheese? I could do my usual yoghurt mango maple breakfast; cottage cheese + fruit/juice for lunch, and eggs / gelatin for dinner?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm not really a preacher. Plus they've never expressed problems with the way they're eating, so it's not like I'm just going to jump in with, "Hey! I know you guys feel great and your skin is clearer than ever, but actually you're doing it wrong!" I was able to have a more technical convo with cousin's wife today about why I've been eating the way that I have. Basically I told her about Zach and others who are heralding dairy and carbs from fruits and simple sugars and why that's beneficial for your thyroid and hormones and why PUFAs are not so good (I did not say "devil" Zach, sorry). I kind of just ended it with a warning in the ways of if they ever start to not feel so great, this might be the route they choose to take next.
    Totally kidding I agree that it's offensive to give people advice when they didn't ask for it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Yogart is probably really bloating for any of you eating it. All those cultures just feeding organisms. Derpa a big fan of cottage cheese, he thinks its better then yogart and i would agree except it tastes awful! Anyone that likes it, try swapping out the yogart for cottage cheese and see if it helps the bloat.

Om, thats the exact diet i stick to for most of my eating. Its the perfect no residue diet.

Ci, add the gelatin to any hot drink or soups. Also you can make jello with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Regarding your meal plan for the weekend: What if this is a perfect opportunity to see if any of your efforts toward gut healing have been successful? Maybe you can test the waters a bit here and there to see if you can allow more foods back into your diet? Who knows! You said it yourself, that you did better than you thought after the gelato consumption
    Well that will definitely be the unavoidable plan Mon-Wed, but since I will be at home Thurs-Sun I would like to continue with gut healing! This really might be a blessing in disguise, you're right. It will force me to see how far I've really come.

Also, the gelatin: what do you do with it? just mix it in your drink? I made a post about it already but I wanna know what you guys do with it since I just finally got some for myself.
    Like Zach said, add it to liquids. I usually just drink it mixed in cold water upon waking. Doesn't taste that great but I don't care. You can also mix it with warm water (or juice) and leave it in the fridge to turn into jello.

And lastly, so glad you're having a great time! Your walk sounded lovely and looks peaceful, even though you got blisters =(
    It was lots of fun. And really nice out. 75 degrees and light out at 9pm. That's summer in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Totally kidding I agree that it's offensive to give people advice when they didn't ask for it.
    Oh I know. But I figured I'd give you a serious answer since I had one, since that's so rare

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yogart is probably really bloating for any of you eating it. All those cultures just feeding organisms. Derpa a big fan of cottage cheese, he thinks its better then yogart and i would agree except it tastes awful! Anyone that likes it, try swapping out the yogart for cottage cheese and see if it helps the bloat.

Om, thats the exact diet i stick to for most of my eating. Its the perfect no residue diet.

Ci, add the gelatin to any hot drink or soups. Also you can make jello with it.
    It's not as bloating for me as some other foods! I'm still subscribing to the idea that my gut flora is severely out of whack and that the yoghurt might be able to help it. Though I probably don't need to be consuming as much of it as I currently am. I don't think cottage cheese tastes terrible. It (and farmer's cheese) is really fucking good with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla (and then wrapped in a crepe and pan fried in butter but I'll leave that part out).

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Have you ever tried making egg "crepes?" just like making scrambled eggs except you doing move it around in the pan and allow it to firm up in a pancake shape. Then you can fill it up with aforementioned cottage cheese deliciousness! If you add sweet spices to the egg crepe (vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa powder) the taste isn't so eggy
    I have made eggs that way and that might be a good substitute! But I have also made crepes with a combo of gluten free flours and starches (rice, potato, tapioca) that have come out pretty well so I might experiment with those again. Those cheese blintzes are probably the only pre-paleo things I really miss... With confectioners sugar and jam on top omg.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?