Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 51

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Well hello there!

Im kinda convinced that PUFA from wild fish, eggs and other good sources of animal is not nearly as problematic as concentrated plant PUFA. That is how badly treated animals get a ton of PUFA in them from not eating their natural diet. So if we do the same and avoid the plant PUFA, the smaller amount of animal PUFA we do eat should be just fine. So eat that skin next time!

P.S. PUFA
    Oh good because I definitely saved the skin and it's in my fridge now waiting to be eaten. Maybe scrambled in some eggs? Nom.

P.S. ^____^

So I got in around 10am this morning after a fun night with friends and a 3 hour dance party in the morning with about 1.5 hours of sleep in between. I think it's funny that I have the crazier nights with my friends who are aged 40+ than I do with my 20-something college friends. More about that in tonight's entry, probably.

Saturday, June 1

Sleep/Energy:
    - 1am-7am. Couldn't fall back asleep
    - Crashed hard after L #2. Literally, crashed on the floor and slept there for 20 minutes.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: yoghurt + mango + plenty of maple + sea salt
    - S: shot of syrup
    - L: apple + cinnamon + salt; salmon w/ dill (no skin); 2 rice cakes + a little coconut oil
    - L #2 (1.5 hrs later): rest of salmon (that makes 1/2 lb total), 2 rice cakes, maple + cocoa + sea salt
    - Few sips of steeped maca powder. Stuff's actually pretty tasty. Now I know why Ci eats it so often!
    - D: really surprised I was hungry. 3 eggs scrambled with a big chunk of Kerrygold Reserve cheddar melted on top! Holy mother of god. I haven't had scrambled eggs with cheese (one of my old favorites) in probably 2 years! Exclamation marks abound‼ Few spears of watermelon w/ salt

So yeah… When I'm hungry… But I knew this was coming after eating so little yesterday, so I didn't fight it. My tummy wasn't too happy with the shear amount of food between L and L #2 but it settled down surprisingly quickly.

- BM's were frequent throughout the morning, but not loose.
    - Bloat was expected after eating 2 full meals in a row, but it went down surprisingly quickly.

Supps:
    - Mg (200mg)
    - Noopept (10mg x 1). Made me spacey again! Derpaderp, if you're out there… What gives?

Exercise:
    - Jackknife pull ups: 10 x 3
    - Dips: 10 x 3
    - Hanging leg raises

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    My god I just want to hug all of you! Thank you so much for the sweet words

I hear you man! It spiraled way out of control for me at one point but now the ups and downs are becoming a little less... turbulent. Knowledge is powerful, but also very dangerous! I baked a beautiful piece of wild caught sockeye salmon today and I didn't eat the skin, despite it being my absolute favorite because OMG PUFAS WILL KILL. Orthorexic central. And maybe they do, but I've adhered to so many things when it comes to "what's good for you" that have turned out to be wrong that I don't know. Just doing the best we can. At least from what I've read in Zach's thread it seems like you're doing better! Zach is a saint, ain't he? *swoons* (Hi, Zach)
    I'm doing quite a lot better thank you . I've changed my diet quite drastically in just a few weeks so things are still not 100% clear of what I need to eat, but overall I feel alive for a change! Cutting out veggies and meat at every meal has helped tremendously. Also letting go of the "sugar is bad" paradigm has been a great experience. Indeed, yes our friend Zach is a key contributor in helping me realise what I should be working on to fix my issues. I never really thought I'd hear people recommending dairy ( Raw and from a goat) and eating more carbs, namely from fruit. Something very liberating has happened to me in the past few weeks and that is that I've finally come to realise whom I am. Not just with food but as a young dreamer some might say. I don't know, I just feel free and even more grounded with myself. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I'm doing quite a lot better thank you . I've changed my diet quite drastically in just a few weeks so things are still not 100% clear of what I need to eat, but overall I feel alive for a change! Cutting out veggies and meat at every meal has helped tremendously. Also letting go of the "sugar is bad" paradigm has been a great experience. Indeed, yes our friend Zach is a key contributor in helping me realise what I should be working on to fix my issues. I never really thought I'd hear people recommending dairy ( Raw and from a goat) and eating more carbs, namely from fruit. Something very liberating has happened to me in the past few weeks and that is that I've finally come to realise whom I am. Not just with food but as a young dreamer some might say. I don't know, I just feel free and even more grounded with myself. YAY!
    That is so great to hear! Yeah, I'm with you on the whole diet revamp and I'm still not fully there yet as well. Eating a ton more fruit and sugar and dairy for the first time in years (though only yoghurt and hard cheese seems to be okay on my stomach) and I feel great. We just have to keep plugging away at it!

Goat's dairy is the shit, by the way. Goat's milk yoghurt = heaven. Plus most tolerate it more easily than bovine.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I can't believe I missed all this fun going on in here while I was out of town! Sorry. I'm a bit late to the oarty, but... Omg Ombat -your pictures! You're so adorable! I also didn't realize that I was older than you, lol. Usually people my own age make me want to scratch out my eyeballs, but I guess since you always hang out with older people, you feel the same way.
    That.... is the sweetest thing anyone has every said to me! I am often mistaken for being older than I am, possibly because I do spend so much time with others (at least) twice my age. Welcome back! This is totally the place to be now, apparently. A bit surprised at the traffic going through here as well!

From photo to photo, I see small differences in your face and body, but they are all changes that everyone goes through, and they aren't drastic in any way. I think that since struggling with yourself and with food, your face has changed in a "knowing" sort of mature way. Not the mature "wrinkled" way though, just wiser for some reason? Idk, maybe it's just the face you're making! lol.

I just want you to realize, though, that some people fight with their bodies their whole lives. They gain and loose so much weight, change drastically, desperately search their entire lives for something that works for them, and that makes them happy. But you are finding your way much faster, it seems, and you have such a strong grip on your reality these days. You are lucky that you've progressed this way, and I'm really happy for you. I mean, just look at you. You're radiating in nearly all of the pictures, except a couple (understandably.) and its because you are not fighting with your body anymore! I don't want you to take anything I man the wrong way, I just want you to know that I'm proud of the way you've come along.

P.s. you're super brave to post your pictures. Props for that.
    You're very right; some people yoyo pretty drastically throughout their lives in terms of weight and I'm lucky that I haven't encountered that. Being on the shorter side / pretty small in general, though, any sort of change feels drastic. But when put into perspective, it's nothing.

Thank you for the encouragement! We have all taken large strides in our own ways, both physically and emotionally Looking back not just at these pictures but trying to take a more objective view of my past has shed a lot of light on what was really going on (or not going on) with me in terms of my health. Hindsight is 20/20 - or somewhere along those lines.

Eh, anonymity is overrated.

And now we're conversing in two different places, but who cares. Double convos ftw

People mistake me for older than I am, as well. Probably because (as mentioned) my SO is 38 almost. Everyone guesses he is about 28, though, and some say I am 24-25 or so ... I guess it all evens out.

I totally understand about how being tiny makes any sort of change feel very drastic, since I am only 5'3 myself. I think it's only drastic to you personally, though. Whenever I was about 80-something pounds, no one really seemed to notice. A few people here and there made some comments, but it never seemed to matter to anyone else. I gained it all back, and guess what, not too many people notice, still. Some say, "wow, you look so much healthier, check out the guns" etc. but it's only a big deal to me. For this very reason, I am kind of trying to (unsuccessfully, at the moment) stop worrying about what others think of my body and just try to look healthy. Since they don't bother with a 30lb difference, why should I even try to be thinner?!

You know, since showing your face on the internets, you're making ME want to do a montage of myself. I don't even have that many photos though, in order to compare. I wonder if it'd put anything into perspective for me? Plus, I don't want to be out of style if you AND Yo are both jumping on board with it, lol
    I think people probably did notice, but didn't say anything to you. 80 lb on anyone has to be pretty noticeable... +1 for just wanting to be healthy. And as mentioned, you have a rockin' bod, so nothing to worry about there

Yes, peer pressure. All the cool kids are doing it.

P.S. I'll reply to your journal tomorrow. I am about to fall into a coma.

Sunday, June 2

Sleep/Energy:
    - Roughly 1.5 hours sometime in dawn hours. 12pm-2:30 pm nap.

Food/Digestion:
    - B (Late): Yoghurt + mango + maple + salt. Le'ts call this Manghurt. Yongo? I'm still working out the kinks.
    - L (Late): can of tuna + salmon skin (I was going to eat this anyway) + 1 egg w/ curry spices; cantaloupe spears + maple….. more cantaloupe.
    - S: Carrot juice
    - D: 4 eggs (couldn’t finish them. made me queasy), maple w/ cocoa and salt

Hungry all day. Made myself hold off for meals as to not overwhelm my digestive tract with large amounts of food at once.

- Bloat is pretty bad. Due to a certain substance consumed last night I'm sure.
    - BMs… surprisingly. Not that great, though.

Supps:
    - Mg (200mg)
    - Zinc (50mg)

Skin:
    - My face always looks like a disaster after these all-night shenanigans. A few new bumps. Honey + Tea tree + Coconut oil.

Sinuses:
    - Quite congested, but it's probably a reaction to things I ingested last night. No longer being anonymous, I should probably not divulge details.

Exercise:
    Considering most of the time I was home today was spent sleeping… 2 sets of 10 jackknife pull ups. I was going to do more but my hands are starting to blister. I brought my jump rope and resistance bands to my cousin's place, so I'll utilize that plus body weight.

I'm just too tired to write about anything. I got to my cousin's place at around 8pm. He, his wife, and I watched arrested development and now it's time for bed. Orz.

Last edited by ombat; 06-03-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

I dunno, some people said things, some people complimented me when I was very thin, some people complimented me after I gained weight back. It made me realize how the media has skewed our perception of what healthy should look like, though.

I'm trying to find older photos of myself, but it's really hard. During my skinny days, I did nooott really take any photos. And I don't have any from before I was 18 because I moved up North, and I didn't really take any pictures with me, so I guess my montage would be 18-22.5 lol.
    Well maybe even what you do have can help put things into perspective for you. We tend to blow things out of proportion in our minds and need to take a concrete look at things in order to see that.

Regarding blistering hands due to exercises: I was telling Yoge about this. The best fitness-related purchase I ever made (besides my gym membership) was a pair of gloves! I bought some Yoga gloves at first, but I wore them out, and now I have leather Fight Clubby deals that make me look super tough when I lift weights. And they keep my hands relatively feminine! Aaaaand they allow me to lift heavier weights. Something to think about. (And they're like $10+)
    I bet my riding gloves would work perfectly! I know I can do so much more than my hands will let me, haha

Manghurt sounds like Man Yoghurt. Please, no.
    Oh god D:

Monday, May 3

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 10pm-7:10am. Stupid alarm.
    - Exhausted. Sleep debt will be a bitch for the next few days. Probably not a good thing to have done right before starting work.

Food/Digestion:
    - B: yoghurt + maple (more than usual) + salt (the mango I had brought wasn’t ripe..)
    - L: 150g gf ground beef, 2 rice cakes + coconut oil. Ate way too much coconut oil. Felt nauseous for hours afterwards. So it was fine that we didn't have dinner until 8:30…
    - D: Chicken marinated in a mixture of sriracha, acv, coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Holy crap that was good. They coated theirs with almond flour to boot but left it off for me. I also had a couple of pieces of broccoli. OH NOES! I will definitely be doing a juice and gelatin day (or two) when I go home…

- BM very minimal.
    - Bloat like normal.

Supps:
    - Mg (200mg)

Acne:
    - Not getting much better. This one deep cyst is not giving up.

Exercise:
    - 9 min cardio. Was more like 20 minutes with how much I had to rest in between sets.

Eating with my cousins will be more interesting than I thought. I knew they were low-ish carb, but apparently they just started 30 days sugar free (including starch). Just my luck, huh? So I'll probably grab a sweet potato or melon or something from the store to have with whatever meat they prepare for dinner. On one hand I'll feel bad about it because my cousin's wife says she already misses sweet potatoes, but on the other hand I need to take care of myself. What do you guys think? They're really relaxed people - it won't be an issue.

Zach is offline Banned
    Eat the carbs! Smuggle it in if you have to. Your cousins might be very nice people but omg in my experience, low carb paleoers are the most annoying people to be around. I know, i was one.

Lol, i got this guy on my FB that just found paleo and now hes posting non stop about it. Yesterday it was a pic of his bulletproof coffee. Today it was a pic of his coconut flavored Tequila that is "paleo approved". Fuck.

Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast