Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 50

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Holy crap, you are beautiful! Derp really screwed up not meeting you (sorry derp!). What the hell is going on when three gorgeous ladies meet on a health forum to talk about how fat and ugly they are, hahah.

Om, for what its worth, i think the last picture is the best one.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You're not being ridiculous: you're just mismatching cause with effect That's why I think these journals are magical in some way - they help us see through things.

Are you obsessive about food because you think of it in the medicine / poison context?

What's the internship in?

Hugs <3
    Mostly poison I've become a lot more lenient since I began this journal so it doesn't seem that way, but there were a few months, not too long ago, when I was eating literally 6 ingredients or something like that. I wouldn't go to a restaurant and I wouldn't buy anything prepared: raw meat and veg/potatoes only, which I would cook myself. Food made me sick for so long that I became terrified of it. In hindsight, my health issues were probably part of a vicious cycle: some foods made me sick -> scared of food -> restrict -> get sicker from restricting (low calorie, low nutrient) -> blame it on food -> restrict further, and so it goes.

I'm going to be working at a public policy think tank with an attorney who is working to pass freedom of speech legislation for educators. I don't know what I'll be doing exactly, but I'm hoping it'll a great learning experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Holy crap, you are beautiful! Derp really screwed up not meeting you (sorry derp!). What the hell is going on when three gorgeous ladies meet on a health forum to talk about how fat and ugly they are, hahah.
    Because no one will talk to us about it in real life And it was not my intention to talk about how fat and ugly I am, I just didn't want to feel left out.

And I think you all are being just a bit too kind. But I don't think I can see myself objectively anymore. It's like when you repeat a word too many times and it loses meaning - I've seen myself so many times that I don't even look human anymore!

Om, for what its worth, i think the last picture is the best one.
    Obviously! That's the one with the boobs.

Zach is offline Banned
    Boobs are nice but i just meant in terms of overall sexifiedness. You look really happy in all of em though.

I know, I know - just teasing. Despite feeling like crap at the time most of those photos were taken, I was often a pretty happy camper when I was around others long enough to forget about it, ha.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm going to be working at a public policy think tank with an attorney who is working to pass freedom of speech legislation for educators. I don't know what I'll be doing exactly, but I'm hoping it'll a great learning experience!
    Wow, sounds interesting! I thought you were studying psychotherapy for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    What the hell is going on when three gorgeous ladies meet on a health forum to talk about how fat and ugly they are, hahah.
    Don't forget pathetic! And single.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Ombat you are a gem! So happy with such a kind loving face. Of course what we said is different from what you may think, but you look so healthy and vibrant! Sexy too

I feel the same way with food. My obsession started with trying to treat mild acne through diet and for the most part it worked but then I became so fixated on only eating what Person X said about eating food X and always avoiding food Y. It really is a roller coaster effect which sadly, never seems to come back up until you realise how extreme you have become.

Omg you look so friendly and kind!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Wow, sounds interesting! I thought you were studying psychotherapy for some reason...
    Nope - economics and math

Don't forget pathetic! And single.
    Oh doooooo go on!

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Ombat you are a gem! So happy with such a kind loving face. Of course what we said is different from what you may think, but you look so healthy and vibrant! Sexy too

I feel the same way with food. My obsession started with trying to treat mild acne through diet and for the most part it worked but then I became so fixated on only eating what Person X said about eating food X and always avoiding food Y. It really is a roller coaster effect which sadly, never seems to come back up until you realise how extreme you have become.

Omg you look so friendly and kind!
    My god I just want to hug all of you! Thank you so much for the sweet words

I hear you man! It spiraled way out of control for me at one point but now the ups and downs are becoming a little less... turbulent. Knowledge is powerful, but also very dangerous! I baked a beautiful piece of wild caught sockeye salmon today and I didn't eat the skin, despite it being my absolute favorite because OMG PUFAS WILL KILL. Orthorexic central. And maybe they do, but I've adhered to so many things when it comes to "what's good for you" that have turned out to be wrong that I don't know. Just doing the best we can. At least from what I've read in Zach's thread it seems like you're doing better! Zach is a saint, ain't he? *swoons* (Hi, Zach)

Zach is offline Banned
    Learn More
    Well hello there!

Im kinda convinced that PUFA from wild fish, eggs and other good sources of animal is not nearly as problematic as concentrated plant PUFA. That is how badly treated animals get a ton of PUFA in them from not eating their natural diet. So if we do the same and avoid the plant PUFA, the smaller amount of animal PUFA we do eat should be just fine. So eat that skin next time!

P.S. PUFA

Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast