Page 44 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 44

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, and it's also ego boosting to use what you know against other people in attempts to make them look ignorant or stupid. Americans have a really bad reputation for correcting other people. I found it pretty annoying when I was living over there; being laughed at for using words like "foot path" instead of "side walk". Never thought I would get patriotic about the word "freezer"... (instead of "Ice box")

Btw, I think Rich has little man complex
    I only jokingly make fun of the British English use of "u"; colour, etc; For everything else, I don't care, math is the only universal language anyway.

Haha, Rich is a funny guy. I actually like him, despite seeing him as sorta alpha male/old fashioned. He seems nice, and has expressed care for me in the past. I think I have some older brother/sister/mother/father types looking out for me on here.

nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I call it "the fucking desert," so whatever floats yer boat. I get flack for the words I use as well. Apparently nobody understands that when I say market, I mean grocery store...?

Got your email, Yoges - he is pretty cute! Do you think we should give him some sort of say in this relationship, though? Nah...

I just had a 30 minute discussion with my mom's interns about the paleo diet and it was pretty cute. "Don't you just like, eat protein all the time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    I think I have some older brother/sister/mother/father types looking out for me on here.
    Can I be your wacky, younger cousin?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I only jokingly make fun of the British English use of "u"; colour, etc; For everything else, I don't care, math is the only universal language anyway.

Haha, Rich is a funny guy. I actually like him, despite seeing him as sorta alpha male/old fashioned. He seems nice, and has expressed care for me in the past. I think I have some older brother/sister/mother/father types looking out for me on here.

In this part of the world though, people get annoyed with Americans cos' English is THEIR language. How dare you correct us (or think you can improve upon the spelling!!) Funny story: one time I got a taxi, and the cabbie started complaining about Americans. He said that the worst thing about them was "The bastardisation of the English language". He then proceeded to use the example of how you guys mispronounce "Basil" and "Oregano". I had to point out to him that those are Latin words.

You do! A lot of people have soft spots for you. I like Rich too, but he's forceful sometimes, and I get protective
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Got your email, Yoges - he is pretty cute! Do you think we should give him some sort of say in this relationship, though? Nah...
    Oooooh - this is exciting!!! He's better in reality too (I think).

Well, first we have to come up with some story about how we know each other... my bro would never understand how I could pimp him out to someone who I primarily know as "Ombat". Pity we can't say I met you when I was living in San Diego. You would have been ten then..!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Can I be your wacky, younger cousin?
    Yeah, that spot isn't taken!

In this part of the world though, people get annoyed with Americans cos' English is THEIR language. How dare you correct us (or think you can improve upon the spelling!!) Funny story: one time I got a taxi, and the cabbie started complaining about Americans. He said that the worst thing about them was "The bastardisation of the English language". He then proceeded to use the example of how you guys mispronounce "Basil" and "Oregano". I had to point out to him that those are Latin words.

You do! A lot of people have soft spots for you. I like Rich too, but he's forceful sometimes, and I get protective
    Bahaha, that's funny. That annoys me too, believe me, I've met a few people who have done that to me. Being born in California, and lived here all my life, I have that drawl, and pronounce things in the weirdest way to people. I also sound permanently stoned.

I'm double blushing here
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oooooh - this is exciting!!! He's better in reality too (I think).

Well, first we have to come up with some story about how we know each other... my bro would never understand how I could pimp him out to someone who I primarily know as "Ombat". Pity we can't say I met you when I was living in San Diego. You would have been ten then..!
    You, um... babysat me?

For all you know I'm a middle aged man. I stole those pics of me off 4chan.

Yeah, that spot isn't taken!

Bahaha, that's funny. That annoys me too, believe me, I've met a few people who have done that to me. Being born in California, and lived here all my life, I have that drawl, and pronounce things in the weirdest way to people. I also sound permanently stoned.

I'm double blushing here
    I hate hate, hate, hate, am completely disgusted by, and hate my SoCal accent. I've worked to get rid of it.

I hate hate, hate, hate, am completely disgusted by, and hate my SoCal accent. I've worked to get rid of it.
    Never going to happen, believe me it'll come back with one conversation with me and all my man's and dude's. Best to just embrace it. I've heard French women find it irrestable.
    nihil

Never going to happen, believe me it'll come back with one conversation with me and all my man's and dude's. Best to just embrace it. I've heard French women find it irrestable.
    I just need to find myself a French woman?

Accents are funny. It is definitely affected by who I am around. One convo with my sister and all of a sudden I'm over-enunciating all of my words. I have a lot of friends from Hawaii and I'll end up with an accent when I spend extended time with them... I'm an accent chameleon.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just need to find myself a French woman?

Accents are funny. It is definitely affected by who I am around. One convo with my sister and all of a sudden I'm over-enunciating all of my words. I have a lot of friends from Hawaii and I'll end up with an accent when I spend extended time with them... I'm an accent chameleon.
    Yep.

I never do that though I'm always the same monotone voice. I don't even take slangs from people, it's weird, but I know of many people who are like you.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-29-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added the I back
    nihil

Page 44 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast