Page 41 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 41

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I really think t3 would help with the bloating. And more protein. I really think that's the looks of a stressed digestive tract.
    I think you're right: there's no way it could just be hormonal...

Although as soon as I typed that I realised you're suggesting taking hormones to help it! My hormonal issue is low progesterone/high oestrogen. I'm starting my prog med today. I figure that will prob help my t3?

Where do you get Cytomel anyway? From the way you guys talk about it and things like thyroid armour I presumed they were all avail over the counter...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post

I haven't been recently, but I have a massive bottle of oil at home that I plan to utilize regularly throughout the summer
    Is it at least poss to buy hemp oil over the counter? I'm pretty good at pretending to have arthritis, if needs be.

btw - that distention yesterday was after a 18 hour fast, and one medium-sized meal. So definitely not due to quantity.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-28-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Tuesday, May 28

Sleep/Energy
    - I don't know to I don't remember.
    - Almost fell back asleep midmorning. Did fall asleep in the afternoon but the phone kept ringingÖ I can't take this exhaustion any more.

Food/Digestion
    - B: ~1/2 carton yogurt + 1 mango + drizzle maple syrup; strawberry gelatin cubes
    - L: Salvadorian: carnitas in tomatillo salsa, fried plantains, a little rice. This was my "I don't give an F about PUFAs" meal for the month. Honestly though I sincerely miss pork
    - D:small grilled lamb chop, sheep's milk yogurt + jalapeno blackberry jam, bit of watermelon
    - S: couple spoonfuls of coconut ice cream, 1 chocolate chip pumpkin cookie. Wasn't hungry but I had a friend over and was sharing with him.

- Bloat and BMs are getting better. I didn't eat very much today which is probably why the bloat wasn't terrible. I just wasn't hungry or interested in food.

Supps
    - no gelatin in the AM
    - magnesium (400mg)

Exercise:
    Just too tired to do anything, but I tried.
    - 1/2 of the 9 minute cardio workout orz
    - different body weight exercises when I had the energy

More Food Triumphs
    Like I mentioned earlier to YB, I left food on my plate today. At a restaurant. At one of my favorite restaurants. But it didn't stop there. I wasn't hungry yet when my mom made dinner so I didn't eat. Often I am not hungry by the time my mom makes dinner, but then I smell it and all of a sudden, like magic, I'm hungry. But not today. I even sat next to her while she ate, the smell of freshly grilled lamb wafting across the table and still I was not hungry! I even took a lick of her sheep's milk yogurt / jalapeno jelly mix and it did not trigger my appetite. Eventually I ate a very small dinner and wasn't even remotely interested in entertaining the idea of seconds. IS THIS A DREAM?

More Food Triumphs
    Like I mentioned earlier to YB, I left food on my plate today. At a restaurant. At one of my favorite restaurants. But it didn't stop there. I wasn't hungry yet when my mom made dinner so I didn't eat. Often I am not hungry by the time my mom makes dinner, but then I smell it and all of a sudden, like magic, I'm hungry. But not today. I even sat next to her while she ate, the smell of freshly grilled lamb wafting across the table and still I was not hungry! I even took a lick of her sheep's milk yogurt / jalapeno jelly mix and it did not trigger my appetite. Eventually I ate a very small dinner and wasn't even remotely interested in entertaining the idea of seconds. IS THIS A DREAM?
    We're in sync yet again Batman my dear... I wasn't hungry yesterday either! Actually ended up fasting til 5.30pm - very strange for me. Though it was mostly because my bloating was so uncomfortable I couldn't face the thought of putting my food into my belly.

I'm going to make a bloating thread and see if any interesting info comes up.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Is it at least poss to buy hemp oil over the counter? I'm pretty good at pretending to have arthritis, if needs be.
    Well marijuana is now legal in Washington, technically, but I don't think it's really possible to get anything without a medical card yet. I really don't pay attention so I don't know what the deal is. I go the oil as a gift

We're in sync yet again Batman my dear... I wasn't hungry yesterday either! Actually ended up fasting til 5.30pm - very strange for me. Though it was mostly because my bloating was so uncomfortable I couldn't face the thought of putting my food into my belly.

I'm going to make a bloating thread and see if any interesting info comes up.
    When we meet, do you think our bodies will just morph into one?

Good luck! I've seen em all...

EDIT: I will feel dumb if something useful comes out of it. lulz.

I'm sure the responses will be along the lines of "eat moar fat and for-the-love-of-god-why-are-you-eating-carbs?" But there are some really helpful, informed people on here who I'm hoping will chime in.

Re. your exhaustion - sounds like it was triggered by all the activity of the last week? Wedding, travel and whatnot. That level of busyness usually makes me crash.

- Ray Peat

Well then I can respond along the lines of "well I put nothing in my mouth hole but meat, fats, and spinach for 4 months and was still bloated"

I think you're right. Plus I tend to find the perfect storm of factors to exacerbate a situation. I think my body is working overtime with the cultures in the yogurt + trying to deal with allergies, so yeah, it sucks.

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed. Have a lovely day, Yogi!
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Have a lovely day, Yogi!
    Aww, Yogi is what my lil bro calls me

Speaking of which - he's your age... and single! Let me introduce you guys - we could become sisters!

And yes, I did just pimp out my life blood to a stranger on the internet. And I also pimped out my internet sister to my brother. My reality is sordid.

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-29-2013 at 04:40 AM.

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

Where do you get Cytomel anyway? From the way you guys talk about it and things like thyroid armour I presumed they were all avail over the counter...
    My free t3 was 1.3. I had to drive 2 hours to find a doc that would prescribe a NDT like Armour to me. Most doctors usually don't like prescribing it. From the way Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, Derpamix and Zach talk, you would think it over the counter.

From what I've read, sometimes body builders will use it to lean out. I'm guessing you can order it online. Please fill us in Derpamix.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aww, Yogi is what my lil bro calls me

Speaking of which - he's your age... and single! Let me introduce you guys - we could become sisters!

And yes, I did just pimp out my life blood to a stranger on the internet. And I also pimped out my internet sister to my brother. My reality is sordid.

Sweet deal! One mail order husband, coming right up. Do you do FedEx?

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam
    From the way Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, Derpamix and Zach talk, you would think it over the counter.
    I'm pretty convinced they're all involved in some black market operations.

Page 41 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast