Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 4

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think it's not worth the trouble, calcium carbonate is the same thing as the calcium in egg shells, so you're good just using that.
    Yet another thing to buy...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    At least it's only 5 bucks

Make sure to buy the magnesium along with it Or eat a bunch of oatmeal, which means you'd have to balance the phosphates out with more calcium, and then...

Kidding.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    At least it's only 5 bucks

Make sure to buy the magnesium along with it Or eat a bunch of oatmeal, which means you'd have to balance the phosphates out with more calcium, and then...

Kidding.
    @%1*(*@)E$
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Can't I just munch on egg shells?
    What about tofu? Kidding. Yes, just another thing to buy.. Thanks Derp!

YB - thanks for the quote and the info. I pee everywhere when I drink water. Kidding kidding... But really, I feel like water goes straight through me. Salting it has helped a little. Let me know how that theory works

My raising temp was 97.3 (36.3) this morning which is incredible considering that even my daytime temp was in the mid 96's-low 97's (35.8-36.3) throughout March. I did wake with a pounding headache, though, which was no fun. I'm thinking from the sugar?

Breakfast:
    2013-04-24 08.15.43.jpg

My stomach distention was down this morning to the lowest it's been in months! Then I drank this... Ha. It was delicious, though

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ombat,

I like your posts so thought I'd check your journal. I didn't realize just how ill you are, poor you. It must be desperate to have tried so many things and still be suffering.

I have had all sorts of gut issues and eating primally cleared 80% of them up, the grain removal mostly I think. I was diagnosed with IBS and still get severe bloating and pain without rhyme or reason. There seems to be no pattern, stress definitely makes it worse. I also have candida and have tried and failed that diet a couple of times. I wish I could get rid of it as the sypmtoms of chronic vaginal thrush which never really goes away is annoying and frustrating.

I like the suggestions you've been given so far. I agree with YB, whatever you do, go slowly.

Glad you stopped by to enjoy the party!

Some things have definitely helped the bloating (obviously not all, else I wouldn't still be having issues) but the most major development for me was doing a FODMAP diet elimination. I don't know if you've looked into this. There are a lot of resources around the net but I like this one because it only includes paleo foods.

I'm sorry about the candida - I'm not certain I have it but I'm hoping to find out soon... Are you working with anyone to solve it, taking anti fungals, all that jazz? Giving up grains and anything yeasty actually cured my vaginal thrush problems, but I still have these odd, fungal skin issues at times.

Wednesday, April 24

Food/Digestion:
    AM:
    - Carrot, orange, ginger juice.
    - Felt pretty hypoglycemic in the hours following the juice. Not hungry just faint.
    MIDDAY:
    - Chicken, rice
    PM:
    - Spinach juice, a couple of cantaloupe spears (was making my juice for tomorrow and couldn't resist)
    - Bone broth, eggs fried in coconut oil, enzymes (re: "Can't I just munch on egg shells? LULZ!" I must have dropped a tiny bit of shell into my eggs because that's exactly what I ended up doing… orz),
    - Turkey and rice

-Bloat was the most minimized it's been in months when I woke up this morning, got a bit worse from the juice, but went away after a few hours. By night it was back.

- I didn't have a real BM today which scares me due to the PTSD I've developed from being chronically constipated for so long. I'll take extra magnesium tonight and will surely fine by morning…

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 11-7 Woke up for a few minutes at 2:30am which is highly unusual
    - Fell into a deep sleep before my class at 2pm
    - Just felt sort of dizzy and out of it all day. It doesn’t help that I have my period.
    - Energy great in the evening

Temp:
    - Raising Temp was 97.3 which is incredible considering my daytime temp was consistently in the mid 96's-low 97's throughout March.
    - 6pm temp was 97.6
    - Felt freezing most of the day, despite it being the warmest day in months (65 and sunny). Had to wear a thick jacket to a classroom that I'm normally very warm in and was still cold. Everyone else was wearing shorts.
    - Felt much warmer after eating the spinach juice and cantaloupe

Acne:
    Another new one… also right next to my eyebrow (I think I'm having sympathy acne for you, YB). Adding raw honey to my tea tree and coconut oil regimen. I was doing this for a while but completely forgot about it until it popped up in YB's thread. Also now that the fermented cod liver oil is out (thank god, by the way, because I'd rather eat a shoe) I need to start resupping with vit D which will hopefully help my face out as well… Hopefully.

Other
    - Headache this morning which is not usual. The sugar?

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−-

I was certain the fruit and sugar would turn me into a hungry binge monster, but I'm surprisingly less hungry than usual. This often happens at the beginning of my cycle, but I thought the sugar would override it. Stupid female hormone bullshit getting in the way of my experiments and crap. Hmph. Speaking of which, I just checked and my cycle was 26 days this month. It's getting longer!

Also, I'd been taking a break from baking, but I've never felt so compelled to make anything in my life. I have a crush on the Civilized Caveman. I comment on his facebook posts like I know him personally. It's sick and disturbing.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about topical niacinamide or a cycle or two of progest-e cream for acne? Curious about your retinol intake too.
    nihil

Derp - I've never thought about it topically, no. I always hear about oral niacidamine. Is there an over the counter product? My retinol intake is pretty high - my last blood work showed levels above the reference range. I wonder about progest-e since, apparently, my estrogen is low, so would this increase an already relatively high progesterone-estrogen ratio? I know most people battle high estrogen and I can find loads of resources on that, but none on low estrogen, so I wouldn't know the implications.
    Last edited by ombat; 04-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wednesday, April 24
    Other
    - Headache this morning which is not usual. The sugar?

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−-

I was certain the fruit and sugar would turn me into a hungry binge monster, but I'm surprisingly less hungry than usual. This often happens at the beginning of my cycle, but I thought the sugar would override it.
    Are headaches unusual for you UmmmBap?

And yeah, if anything a little bit of refined sugar eliminates my cravings and urge to binge

- Ray Peat

Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast