Page 39 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 39

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Aww, you are so naive...
    Dude, I mean that there are people in SF who are crazier than us... I've been to India. I've seen the dark side. A lot came from California..

Btw, any interest in Ayuasca?

That's so cool about the food. Saying that, I forced myself to finish the lamb kebab because it was so cucking amazing. I let the plain rice too, ha!

God help anyone coming to me for advice...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Dude, I mean that there are people in SF who are crazier than us... I've been to India. I've seen the dark side. A lot came from California..
    Oh yes, much crazier!

Btw, any interest in Ayuasca?
    I have been quite warned away from the stuff. Apparently it is not difficult to have a very negative experience.

That's so cool about the food. Saying that, I forced myself to finish the lamb kebab because it was so cucking amazing. I let the plain rice too, ha!
    We are rock stars!

God help anyone coming to me for advice...
    I will pray for them.

Oh, and just a little something, so you can feel better about the bloat.

One pic is tummy sucked in, one is relaxed. Can you spot the difference?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Oh, and just a little something, so you can feel better about the bloat.

One pic is tummy sucked in, one is relaxed. Can you spot the difference?
    @#$%!@#$!@#$!!! NOT NORMAL! That is worse than mine...

@#$%!@#$!@#$!!! NOT NORMAL! That is worse than mine...
    I know..! And notice the little point in the middle of the belly. I particularly like that new feature...

To be fair, this is the worst my bloating has ever been. It's getting annoying. Have you noticed any correlation between foods and levels of bloat? I've noticed that heavy cheese like Brie (which I had last night) is really bad for it. Sometimes fruit effects it, but not always. Rice gets me most times too.

Oh, also - LOVE the new cleavage, dahlin'! Good work

- Ray Peat

I know..! And notice the little point in the middle of the belly. I particularly like that new feature...

To be fair, this is the worst my bloating has ever been. It's getting annoying. Have you noticed any correlation between foods and levels of bloat? I've noticed that heavy cheese like Brie (which I had last night) is really bad for it. Sometimes fruit effects it, but not always. Rice gets me most times too.
    Yes, absolutely. Vegetables and certain fruits are the worst. Orange juice gets me in an instant. But sometimes it's just about the amount of food and not the food itself.

Oh, also - LOVE the new cleavage, dahlin'! Good work
    Oh why thaaaank you, dear. It really is all the rage, apparently.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I really think t3 would help with the bloating. And more protein. I really think that's the looks of a stressed digestive tract.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I really think t3 would help with the bloating. And more protein. I really think that's the looks of a stressed digestive tract.
    Are you talking to me or YB (or both?)

My free t3 was 3.3. Is that too low? Also, I know that you take it. What benefits are you seeing for yourself particularly? Just curious.

How much protein are you recommending? Mostly from gelatin?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking to me or YB (or both?)

My free t3 was 3.3. Is that too low? Also, I know that you take it. What benefits are you seeing for yourself particularly? Just curious.

How much protein are you recommending? Mostly from gelatin?
    Both, I guess, but hers is more pronounced.

" In nerves, as in other cells, the ability to rest and repair themselves increases with the proper level of thyroid hormone. In some cells, the energized stability produced by the thyroid hormones prevents inflammation or an immunological hyperactivity. In the 1950s, shortly after it was identified as a distinct substance, T3 was found to be anti-inflammatory, and both T4 and T3 have a variety of anti-inflammatory actions, besides the suppression of the pro-inflammatory TSH.

Because the actions of T3 can be inhibited by many factors, including polyunsaturated fatty acids, reverse T3, and excess thyroxine, the absolute level of T3 can't be used by itself for diagnosis. “Free T3” or “free T4” is a laboratory concept, and the biological activity of T3 doesn't necessarily correspond to its “freedom” in the test. T3 bound to its transport proteins can be demonstrated to enter cells, mitochondria, and nuclei. Transthyretin, which carries both vitamin A and thyroid hormones, is sharply decreased by stress, and should probably be regularly measured as part of the thyroid examination.

When T3 is metabolically active, lactic acid won't be produced unnecessarily, so the measurement of lactate in the blood is a useful test for interpreting thyroid function. Cholesterol is used rapidly under the influence of T3, and ever since the 1930s it has been clear that serum cholesterol rises in hypothyroidism, and is very useful diagnostically. Sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, creatinine, albumin, glucose, and other components of the serum are regulated by the thyroid hormones, and can be used along with the various functional tests for evaluating thyroid function."

I think if you had high t3, you would definitely feel it. Like for myself, I feel warm, lose weight easily, high heart rate, no bloating, and I'm very thin with high blood pressure. The last two things are epidemiology, but it's a common stereotype with someone that is possibly hyperthyroid.

The above is the first things I noticed from t3, also no mental fog, and for the first few weeks I couldn't sleep for shit.

Gelatin is good, but you can't get all protein from it. Keeping tryptophan low is key, I think. Dairy, some red meat, eggs, gelatin, oysters, offal, these are all good sources of protein.

I would say at least 80-100g for you guys. I get 150g now, and I think this is my sweet spot.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How did you feel before you started taking t3? Did you notice that you were cold, bloated, had low blood pressure?

My temperature has actually been great recently. No cold extremities for the first time in my life. I still have low blood pressure, however, and of course the bloating and fatigue *she says, drooling over her keyboard*

What about other shellfish such as mussels, clams, prawns, etc.? Or is there something special about oysters?

Also, your signatures are always beguiling, but your new one might be my favorite of all.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-28-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Page 39 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast