Page 36 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 36

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday, May 20

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 5:30am-7am. 1.5 hours. Worth it.
    - Gave up trying to nap on the plane about an hour in.
    - Napped 4-4:45pm
    - Energy is up and down in a major way, but when it's up it's up.

Food/Digestion:
    - 5am: coconut water
    - 8am: 1 cup salted carrot juice w gelatin, 1 apple, smoked salmon (at around 60g I got nauseous and started having to spit it out of my mouth)
    - 1:30pm 70g smoked salmon
    - 2:30pm bowl of fruit salad (apple, melon, pineapple), a small plantain cookie (Mom made. so tasty), square of lemon berry gelatin jelly thing (Mom also made), 1 cup coconut water
    - 7:30pm: swordfish, 1/2 sweet potato, couple of lemon berry gelatin things.

Supps:
    - Noopepts (10mg)
    - Magnesium Citrate (200mg)

Exercise:
    - Pushups (15 x 1, 10 x 2) feel really strong today. Weird.
    - Leg lifts (20 x 3)
    - Sprints (5 short-ish ones. Sweating buckets, though, since it's so warm out)
    - Back walkovers, headstands

Temp:
    Absolutely related to sleep (adrenaline and cortisol?). Awoke from my "nap" at 7am shaking and spent most of the day with chills. Late afternoon and now evening I feel like a furnace - literally hot to the touch and radiating heat - but the thermometer indicates mid 97s.

So my poor mom is so confused, as I am constantly changing my diet. She eats paleo also but never knows the specifics of what/how I'm eating and I don't blame her, since it changes so often . She had fruit salad waiting for me when I got to the house and all these other goodies (the berry gelatin cubes are perfect for me!). She was also really proud that she found a bunch of nitrite free cured meats (all pork). I told her last week that I haven't been eating pork but she either forgot or just ignored me since she figures I'm always changing my mind on these things. I will just eat it when I have to. It won't kill me for the short time I'm here.

Anyway, after she was done showing me around the kitchen, I decided to try on my bridesmaid dress for my step sis's wedding and my mom had to lie me face down on the floor to zip it up! She said she doesn't understand because my back looks the same as always. Once snuggly constrained in my chiffon prison, a glanced in the mirror reveals... cleavage! I think I'm down to roughly my original size, but my boobs got bigger by some small yet obviously significant amount.

Curious, I headed over to the scale and it read 117 lbs! I laughed while my mom's jaw hit the floor.I have never seen a number higher than 114/15 in my life. Granted I did get my period today (which could add at least 3 pounds) but damn! I asked her if I looked it and she said no, but then she made a few jabs, such as "so you're not eating vegetables and you're 117 pounds" and "you better not eat anything between now and Friday." Thank god I don't have feelings or that would have hurt!

I do feel kind of irked, but she did later try to console me with the fact of my usual menstrual bloat and new boobage. You guys know exactly what my body looks like right now. Just because I'm not miniscule like I was when I had the dress fitted doesn't mean I need comments. And all of my other clothing fits just fine. But I understand her stress. I have to fit into that dress. If I still had the weight from "eat more" there would have been no way. No idea what I would have done.

I have no idea why I needed to divulge this.

Sorry for the small novel yesterday..

Tuesday, May 21

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 10pm-9am. 11hrs and I would have slept longer
    - tired all day. Napped around 4pm

Food/Digestion:
    - 9:30 bowl of fruit salad (salted), 3 eggs (fried in coconut oil) w cholula
    - 1:30pm: bowl of melon, 4 large shrimp
    - 3pm: cup of juice (blueberry, pineapple, apple) w gelatin, small piece of swordfish
    - 5:30pm: couple bites of melon, blueberry gelatin. So hungry and no idea when we're having dinner.
    - 7pm: sushi: spicy tuna roll (avo, chili oil, sesame seeds), fatty salmon hand roll (cucumber), ceviche, wasabi and ginger
    - 9pm: 1/2 cup coconut ice cream (chocolate and cherry). Wasn't hungry but the look of satisfaction on Mom's face was quite convincing.
    - Liquid: coconut water (1 cup)

- Bloat: none upon waking but immediately after my morning gelatin and fruit salad.
    - BMs: None. Probably because of travel yesterday / change of schedule.
    EDIT: BM late at night. Thank you, magnesium.

Supps:
    - Gelatin. Made up my mind. This = morning gelatin in water
    - Magnesium (400mg) upped the dose since no BM today
    - No Noopept for the next week, maybe.

Exercise:
    - Fitness Bender butt exercises
    - Wanted to do sprints and other exercises since I might not be able to do much over the next few days but my allergies are too severe for sprinting and my mom said that if I do any upper body work between now and the wedding she'll kill me (see below)

Allergies:
    To my mom's pets + the LA air. Feel dizzy, headachy, and congested. Could be making the lack of energy more severe. It is not lost on me that I had dairy Sunday night, but I've accidentally ingested some dairy and haven't gotten a full blown headache like this, so I'm pretty sure it's just allergy.

Menstrual:
    Realized that my few days of increased hunger last week were due to getting my period. For the first time I had no binges before starting my cycle! No sitting on the floor with a spoon in a jar full of honey or stuffing my face with pounds of sweet potatoes. I was just a bit hungrier and ate to satiate. My body already had all the carbs it needed!

Overall:
    Tired, congested, dizzy, hungry, no BMs, and my head is killing me. This is why I don't come here.

So the scale read 115 lb this morning (as opposed to 117 lb yesterday afternoon) so some of it was bloat. I've been thinking about it and have concluded that my breasts really aren't any bigger, but that I've built more muscle in my upper body and that's why the zipper on that dress doesn’t want to close over my bust. I guess I won't doing any pushups between now and Friday?

Went to my GI doc today and he's going to order the more comprehensive stool tests for me. He admitted that he won't be useful in interpreting them, but that’s not what I need him for anyway.

NY tomorrow, returning Saturday. I'll keep up as much as I can.

Last edited by ombat; 05-21-2013 at 11:31 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    How did you feel about the weight gain, and the dress feeling tighter? You look great imo, and the back measurement going up is probably a good thing!

I had a very similar experience with my cycle about two cycles ago: it just appeared, with no prior symptoms! I guess it means that you're well nourished! Are you getting your hormones checked?

Oh, and do you have any recommendations of cool things to do in NY?? I'm gonna be there for three days before I hit Cali.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-21-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    How did you feel about the weight gain, and the dress feeling tighter? You look great imo, and the back measurement going up is probably a good thing!

I had a very similar experience with my cycle about two cycles ago: it just appeared, with no prior symptoms! I guess it means that you're well nourished! Are you getting your hormones checked?

Oh, and do you have any recommendations of cool things to do in NY?? I'm gonna be there for three days before I hit Cali.
    Thank you! I was pretty bummed about the initial weight gain from "eat more" but not about where I am now since Ive trimmed down. I still want to improve body comp but I don't feel big or fat in any way, even with the dress feeling tight. I was just confused more than anything before I decided it was my bust's fault. I cant lie, though - I do enjoy the cleavage

Yes that is exactly what I am thinking. I am nourished enough throughout the month so my body doesn't have to scramble / fight for nutrients when it needs it most. I am so glad that you are experiencing the same thing (I think I remember you mentioning it in your journal).

There are a ton of things to see in the city from Broadway shows (always a good experience) to window shopping at Sax to the new memorial at the twin towers site. And of course there's food Victor's in the theater district is my favorite: amazing Cuban food and white Sangria. I'll email you more info in the near future. Remind me if I forget.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    @ YB: I know you didn't ask me about NY buuuuuuut there's a sushi restaurant run by Iron Chef Morimoto -- rightfully called Morimoto -- and it's supposed to be divine. I dunno how much you enjoy sushi/Japanese food, but it's been my dream to go ever since I heard about it! lol.

@ ombat:remember that muscle weighs more than fat... when I was a teenager, and a figure skater, I weighed like 120-125lbs, but I was soooo muscular, and looked even leaner than I do now imo. I was as dense as dark matter, and no one would even believe I weighed that much, soooo being 115-117 and working out is probably a good thing since you're aiming for body composition. Have fun in NY!
    Yes, tons of good sushi here. Actually tomorrow we are going to a pretty well known place called Nobu (there's one in LA by the same chef as well) who does fusion style (Japanese/South American) that's incredible. It's pretty damn expensive though, so we go with my mom's business friends. Rough life.

That's what Ive been telling myself but in honesty I cant believe that I've been exerting myself enough to be building significant muscle mass, ha. But I am feeling a lot stronger so who knows?

Wednesday, May 22

B: choked down some melon w maple syrup, a few shrimp, a couple sips of coconut water, and a dab of salt.
    S: small pack of dried mango (no other ingredients), melon
    L: tuna (olive oil drained, dill), rice crackers (safflower oil), ginger ale, handful plantain chips
    D: some diner: 1/4 roast chicken w skin, small baked potato, few bites carrots (buttered), few bites chocolate rice pudding w/ whipped cream.

I guess I've decided since my few bites of ice cream on Sunday that I'm doing a dairy challenge o_o probably not the best time to do this but I'm not one for making things easy.

Bloat at end of day is standard, not extreme, but I am gassy from dinner D:

No BMs, chalked up to travel. Will take extra Mg the whole time I'm here.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    man I love dried fruit, especially mangos and apricots

also, people on this forum are retarded.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

They were the most harmless thing at the airport I could find :/ Mangos are my favorite, dried or otherwise.

Aww, i'm sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yes I do... Even drunk, high, and sleep deprived, I seem more capable of cognitive functioning than they do. I wonder if they even research what they write out? Specific diets be damned, this is high school biology man.

Public school is failing us. Worse, is that many of them are baby boomers.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I think you'll appreciate this:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Aiyo2...%3DAiyo2K7DvfA

Also I just stalked you through your recent posts. I laughed, I cried...At least you have a few to back you up.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.