Page 32 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 32

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Wow. If you have a gut feeling (pun intended) that it's a fungus, maybe it is? I presume you got tested for it?

Funny you say that about ketosis - when I was in it the fungus (candida) on my toenails disappeared! Then came back

What have you done to repopulate your gut? I sure hope Chocotaco doesn't suddenly launch into this journal - he'll start telling you to get a poop transplant or something
    Right, the idea is that going into ketosis "kills off" (or whatever) a lot of the yeast initially since they thrive on sugar, but they also thrive on ketones, so they just end up repopulating (or whatever).

I just stopped taking acidophilus pills after 8 months. I'm pretty sure it's done zip. I've tried off an on to supplement with sauerkraut, kombucha, and it just makes my stomach symptoms a lot worse.

I had unquenchable thirst, and coconut water was the only thing that got rid of it! Plus it's delicious. I've been drinking it for a few years now.

Ha, haven't made them - yet! Maybe tomorrow. Will post a pic!
    Yup, exactly what it did for me! Maybe we were meant to thrive in the tropics

I'm sure I'll be making them when I visit my mom. They look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Re: fungus. Heres what I would do if I were you.

Jump in the ocean as much as possible and take daily baths in magnesium sulfate, sea salt and baking soda.

Get as much sun on your entire body as you can. Daily naked tanning if possible.

Supplement with coconut water, coconut oil and baking soda. Use coconut oil on your skin.

Eat a residue free diet. Mainly fresh juiced fruit/veggies juice, gelatine, dairy, a bit of lean meat and eggs. One carrot salad a day, shredded carrots, coconut oil, salt, lemon juice.

Salt everything, drink only salted spring water and maybe some hard liquor like vodka.
    Well I just spent 30 min lying in the sun, so I guess I've already got a head start. I wasn't naked though. My roommate and I are pretty close, but I don't think she'd want to see that.

Questions:

1. How do I get enough calories?
    2. How much lean meat is too much? I know I eat too much by your standards.
    3. Baking soda internally? I use it on my skin almost every day, but wouldn't ingesting it impede digestion?
    4. What are the benefits of alcohol? I can't imagine in sterilizes anything...
    5. What about rice?
    Last edited by ombat; 05-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Well I just spent 30 min lying in the sun, so I guess I've already got a head start. I wasn't naked though. My roommate and I are pretty close, but I don't think she'd want to see that.

Questions:

1. How do I get enough calories?
    2. How much lean meat is too much? I know I eat too much by your standards.
    3. Baking soda internally? I use it on my skin almost every day, but wouldn't ingesting it impede digestion?
    4. What are the benefits of alcohol? I can't imagine in sterilizes anything...
    5. What about rice?
    1. From the foods i listed. :P a few eggs, a good amount of juice, 6oz meat or so, lots of dairy.
    2. More then one meal a day of meat is too much in my opinion. Half pound is a good amount.
    3. If you mix it with juice and take it away from meals, it should be fine. Im not talking about a whole lot, just to help with alkalizing.
    4. Yep, sterilization! Yea this one is totally just opinion but i believe alcohol can help with this type of stuff as well as viruses.
    5. Depends, does it bloat you? Pretty much any starch and fiber will feed the bacteria, i would avoid it if it doesnt fully digest.

The whole point for me would be to get your body as oxygenated, alkaline and mineral replete as possible. Raising thyroid and metabolism as far as you can get and applying many kinds of antibacterial things like sun, sodium, baking soda, coconut oil. Also to not feed them very much.
    Last edited by Zach; 05-16-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    1. From the foods i listed. :P a few eggs, a good amount of juice, 6oz meat or so, lots of dairy.
    2. More then one meal a day of meat is too much in my opinion. Half pound is a good amount.
    3. If you mix it with juice and take it away from meals, it should be fine. Im not talking about a whole lot, just to help with alkalizing.
    4. Yep, sterilization! Yea this one is totally just opinion but i believe alcohol can help with this type of stuff as well as viruses.
    5. Depends, does it bloat you? Pretty much any starch and fiber will feed the bacteria, i would avoid it if it doesnt fully digest.

The whole point for me would be to get your body as oxygenated, alkaline and mineral replete as possible. Raising thyroid and metabolism as far as you can get and applying many kinds of antibacterial things like sun, sodium, baking soda, coconut oil. Also to not feed them very much.
    1. Except for the dairy, which would add a lot of calories. I'll work this out.
    Edit: coconut milk ice cream?
    2. Gotcha
    3. Gotcha
    4. Alcohol, even straight grain, affects me rather negatively (dehydration, heart palps). So I will hold off on this
    5. I digest rather well. I could keep it to 1/2-1 cup per day.

I'm a lot closer to this diet now than I was when I started this journal, but unfortunately I won't be able to get further for another 2 weeks. Actually, I'm probably going to get further away from this in the next 2 weeks. I can stick to it while I'm at my mom's but not when I'm in NY. I've actually been having a minor orthorexic anxiety attack over it. My mom said that we can buy all the applesauce and maple syrup I want at a grocery store when we got there (ha) and that she wouldn't make me eat almond butter if I don't want to. But honestly what I'm worried about most is PUFAs, since we'll be eating out so much. I'm debating whether I should request that my food be cooked in butter when I can't get something grilled, even though my body doesn't seem to be totally happy with dairy. Minor issues with dairy > ingesting seed oils? Probably, right?
    Last edited by ombat; 05-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Thursday, May 16

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 4am-9:30am. I know I know… But all my friends are graduating and it's worth it to spend time with them. I woke up feeling like shit and I didn't even have a sip of alcohol.
    - Napped for about an hour around 12:30
    - Tired. Really effing tired.

Food/Digestion:

- 10am: 100g lamb, 1 cup rice
    - 2:30pm: 1 cup carrot juice with gelatin, 1 apple + 1 TBS of maple syrup + 1 TBS cocoa powder
    - 5-6pm: 2 chicken sausages + 1 TBS maple syrup, 1/2 cup rice; 1/2 cup coconut milk ice cream; 4 cantaloupe spears
    - 8pm: 1/4 gin and tonic. For Zach
    - 11:30pm: few bites of lamb, can of tuna with curry powder, 2 rice cakes. Was starving when I got home…
    - Liquids: coconut water (2 cups), carrot juice (1 cup)

- Bloat: not bad!
    - BM's: Loose. Overshot the Mg dose last night.

Supps:
    - Gelatin
    - Noopepts (10mg x 3)
    - Magnesium Citrate (200mg)
    - SUN! 30 min

Exercise:
    - Jogged for about 10 minutes before I realized it was a bad idea.
    - Pushups, leg lifts. No idea how many; I was being distracted by my roommates rat rolling around in a ball around the living room floor.

Acne:
    - 2 new blemishes on my chin, but they seem more like welts and they're itchy! Did I really fuck up my body this much in the last week? And I was doing so well…

Brain Fog:
    I felt mildly drunk all day. Gooey from the sun and lack of sleep? Maybe.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−-

Saw these guys at a club in Seattle tonight:

I've learned not to post my journal when I come in at 3am. Blue light really is a sleep killer.

Friday, May 17

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 1am-7:30am, in and out of consciousness until 9:30am. Had such realistic dreams during this time that I had to ask people whether they really happened.
    - Major crash around 5pm but couldn't do anything about it.
    - Tried to nap at 9pm but it was fruitless.

Food/Digestion:
    - 10:30am: 3 fried eggs (coconut oil, dill), 1 cup rice; 4 cantaloupe spears w/ 1 TBS maple syrup and cinnamon
    - 3:30pm: 1 apple, 1 mango, ~85 g lamb
    - 6:30pm: sushi: sashimi, spicy salmon, tobiko, avocado, edamame (oh no!), cucumber, ginger, wasabi. It actually wasn't very much food
    - 8pm: ~3/4 cup cherry coconut milk ice cream
    - 10:30: ~1/4 cup ice cream with maple syrup and sea salt. Hungry on off days, huh?
    - Liquid: coconut water (2 cups)

Supps:
    - Gelatin
    - Noopepts (10mg x 2)
    - Magnesium Citrate (200mg)

Exercise:
    - So busy that all I could do was drop and do a couple sets of pushups throughout the day
    - Walked a bit and did walk to the store to buy my ice cream, but I smoked a Nat Sherman while I was doing it and ate the ice cream while I walked back so I hesitate to call that exercise.

Acne:
    Mucho mejor. Healing. No new blemishes.

Temp:
    Had the chills all day.

Thanks for the advice! Sometimes I wear it up but most of the time I wear it down (it is long - down to my chest) but it never touches my face because it always gets pushed back somehow. It is very possible that the oils / dirt are rubbing off on the pillow and that my face is coming into contact with them indirectly. I will consider this.

-----------------------------

Zach, if you're out there,

I've composed a sample daily "menu" more in line with what you've recommended:

1 liter carrot juice + gelatin in each cup
    1 liter coconut water

1 cup coconut ice cream

carrot salad (coconut oil, lemon, salt, pepper)
    1 mango

2 eggs (fried in coconut oil)
    85 g salmon (3 oz)

= ~1800 kcal, 210g carb, 90g protein, 74g fat.

Caveats:
    1. This does not include maple syrup which I will inevitably pour all over everything (another 150-200 calories for 3-4 TBS
    2. Obviously coconut milk and dairy only share a similarity in name, but it's calorie dense and fatty and digests well.
    3. Orange juice would contain more sugar and calories than carrot juice, but it doesn't sit well. I could try melon juice.

I'm trying to transition by cutting meat out of one of my meals, but I craved it so badly today that I ended up having eggs for "dessert". Bah.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I've learned not to post my journal when I come in at 3am. Blue light really is a sleep killer.

Food/Digestion:
    - 10:30am: 3 fried eggs (coconut oil, dill), 1 cup rice; 4 cantaloupe spears w/ 1 TBS maple syrup and cinnamon
    - 3:30pm: 1 apple, 1 mango, ~85 g lamb
    - 6:30pm: sushi: sashimi, spicy salmon, tobiko, avocado, edamame (oh no!), cucumber, ginger, wasabi. It actually wasn't very much food
    - 8pm: ~3/4 cup cherry coconut milk ice cream
    - 10:30: ~1/4 cup ice cream with maple syrup and sea salt. Hungry on off days, huh?
    - Liquid: coconut water (2 cups)

Temp:
    Had the chills all day.
    Your food looks good today! Ha, and yeah, always get the hunger on days off... although lately I've been hungry every day.

Chills = the result of late nights?

Thanks for the advice! Sometimes I wear it up but most of the time I wear it down (it is long - down to my chest) but it never touches my face because it always gets pushed back somehow. It is very possible that the oils / dirt are rubbing off on the pillow and that my face is coming into contact with them indirectly. I will consider this.
    My little brother had bad skin, and what changed things a lot for him was 1) Changing his pillow case twice a week (and rotating it on other nights), 2) Zinc supps. My skin was quite bad about two years ago, and the Zinc cleared it up significantly too. I've also heard other people that it worked for.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-18-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Your food looks good today! Ha, and yeah, always get the hunger on days off... although lately I've been hungry every day.

Chills = the result of late nights?

My little brother had bad skin, and what changed things a lot for him was 1) Changing his pillow case twice a week (and rotating it on other nights), 2) Zinc supps. My skin was quite bad about two years ago, and the Zinc cleared it up significantly too. I've also heard other people that it worked for.
    It was good. I was super satisfied with my food yesterday (once I felt satiated). I'm a sushi fiend. I don't eat it too often since it's so expensive (well, the worthy stuff is) but I could eat it daily. Raw fish is so satisfying to me.

I believe the chills are due to lack of sleep, absolutely. And whatever minor amounts of alcohol I'm consuming. I usually take a sip or two to satisfy others, but I'm getting past that and feeling comfortable with just water, especially since my closest friend doesn't drink much.

I take Zinc supps (well, Zicam, actually) when others around me are sick and they make me feel great so I should probably find some legitimate zinc and take it daily, or at least weekly. What form do you recommend? And I change/rotate my pillow cases pretty often.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I took a simple Zinc supp like this. I've started taking it again as it's supposed to help with Progesterone production.

Just did a quick google search for you on Zinc and acne, and there's loads of stories of how it helped people!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat