Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 30

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    He could use some voice coaching... His moves are pretty sweet, though

Sunday, May 12

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 2am-8:30am
    - Fell back asleep after breakfast for about an hour. I felt like a snoozy lion after a large meal. So pathetic.
    - Great energy for the rest of the day

Food/Digestion
    - 9-10am: Salmon, ~1 cup sweet potato w/ maple syrup and cocoa powder, cherry coconut milk ice cream (~3/4 cup?), coconut water (1/2 cup), 1 rice cake. This meal probably took care of breakfast and lunch…
    - 5-6pm: pancakes (~1/2 cup pumpkin, 2 eggs, cinnamon, fried in a dab of coconut oil),, 1 spicy chicken sausage, maple syrup drizzled all over dat shit, an orange, a few cantaloupe spears, few slices of roast beef
    - 9-10:30pm: carrot juice (12 oz), 1/2 lb beef and rice.

- Bloat: already pretty moderate when I woke up :/ but seemed to go down throughout the day.. until dinner, after which I was gassy (not normal). I think it was the roast beef after the fruit. Probably not a good idea.
    - BM's ok

I felt very uncomfortable with food today. The first thought I had upon waking was that I didn't want to put anything in my mouth all day (food! God, you guys…) but of course I was starving almost immediately and had a huge meal. When I became hungry again later in the afternoon, nothing sounded good to me. I went into the kitchen multiple times to stare, dissatisfied, at the contents of refrigerator, only to return to whatever I was doing. Finally settled on pancakes (when are pancakes going to not hit the spot?). As it turned out, though, I was quite the hungry hippo today and ended up putting lots of things in my mouth (food! Jesus...)

Exercise:
    - Throughout the day: jump rope, pushups, leg lifts, jumping squats, dancing. Didn't count anything (I rarely do anyway). Treated it like play.

Thirst:
    - Better. Didn't need a liter of coconut water like yesterday. Seem to be retaining fluids better.

Supps:
    - Gelatin (moving this out of food and into supps, since I take it at the same time every day)
    - Noopepts (10mg x 2)
    - Magnesium Citrate (300mg)

Acne:
    - A couple of whiteheads around the edge of my lips and chin. Could be a number of things (lack of sleep, alcohol, drugs)

Noopept Update:
    Things I've noticed in the last week:
    - Less fog
    - Better short term memory
    - More aware of surroundings
    - Calmer
    - Blunting effects of alcohol: 3 shots had the effect of 1 sip.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's a great result with your energy!

If you exercise for a few days in a row do you get burnt out?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Not any more than I do if I don't exercise at all.. ha. I don't think I exercise enough to get burnt out...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Not any more than I do if I don't exercise at all.. ha. I don't think I exercise enough to get burnt out...
    You know, it's true. I try to be so vigilant about not burning myself out, but it happens whether I exercise or not...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'm either so tired all the time that I can't exercise at all or I have enough energy to do moderate exercise and still not be burnt out. Does that sound familiar?

sista sista

Yes. But when my energy is high I usually take advantage of it and do a lot... But even if I do nothing I still fade after a few days...

So I'm guessing now that my problems are hormonal and lifestyle only factors a little bit...

- Ray Peat

Your best efforts, lifestyle wise, are not going to do much if your hormones are screwing you up, yeah.

Monday, May 13

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 1am-8am. Woken up by an alarm for the first time since I can remember. Doesn't feel good.
    - Passed out about an hour after breakfast again. Only for 20 minutes this time. My body seems to be having a difficult time readjusting to the daunting task of digesting a morning meal.
    - Energy great for rest of the day

Food/Digestion
    - 9:30am: 3 fried eggs (coconut oil), 1+ cup sweet potato with maple syrup and cocoa powder (I'm on a chocolate kick)
    - 1:30-2:30pm: 1 apple, 3 cantaloupe spears, 1 cup carrot juice with mint, 60 g roast beef, 85 g smoked salmon, 1/2 cup rice
    - 8pm: 1 can of tuna, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup rice cooked in coconut oil and curry, 1 mango (~100g)
    - Throughout the day: coconut water (2 cups)

Feel like I've been eating a lot more than usual the past 2 days. Had enough info for a rough estimate of today: ~2050 kcal = 250 g carb, 155 g protein, 51 g fat. Seems I'll be getting my period in the next 7 days or so, so that's about right. However, first time I've gotten over my CW calorie tracker's carb recs! Wooooo. Too bad none of them were in healthy, whole grains

Why am I still hungry? I will not listen to you, stomach.

-Bloat: woke up again with moderate distention. I'm not even going to look this evening.
    -BMs ok

Thirst:
    - A little better. I think the coconut water is doing the trick.

Exercise:
    - Legs are really sore today so I decided to cool it. Tried to do some upper body work instead but just wasn't feeling it.

Body Comp:
    I seem to be getting leaner (or, back to normal) especially in the arms and thighs. It is taking more time to lose the weight from "eat more" than it did to put it on, or at least that's how it feels. Who knew? I didn't. I've been the same size since I was 14 years old until a couple months ago. It stung a bit, emotionally, but I'm getting over it. Actually, more than that I was nervous because I have to fit into a bridesmaid's dress in 11 days which had been fitted to my 14-21 year old body this past winter with no idea what I would do if it didn't fit! I'm confident now that will, but I really was nervous for a while….

Supps:
    - Gelatin
    - Noopepts (10mg x 2)
    - Magnesium Citrate (200mg) - Switched back to tablets from capsule because they seem to work better (and even at a lower dose). We'll see how this goes. Thought capsules were supposed to work better, but not for me.

Temp:

Much better. Extremities feel very warm today even in the morning which is usually when I'm usually my coldest.

Acne:

Slowly healing from this past week. Nothing new.

Shocking but we're nothing
    We're just moments
    We're clever but we're clueless
    We're just human
    Amusing but confusing
    Were trying but where is this all leading?
    Never know

Conked out last night before I could post.

Tuesday, May 14

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 12am-7am. Was in bed at 10:30…
    - Food coma after lunch. 15 min nap.
    - Fell asleep on the floor during my workout. Yeah, um…
    - Almost fell asleep again late evening. Going to bed early…

Food/Digestion:
    - 8:30am: 120g gf beef, 1 cup pumpkin with 1 tbs maple syrup + cinnamon
    - 1:30pm Sushi: rolls with spicy salmon, unagi, salmon skin, tobiko, avocado, cucumber, gobo and other veg. Definitely ingested soy sauce. Not entirely on purpose, but I let it happen. Need to see how it effects me.
    -8:00pm: 2 chicken sausages w/ 1 tbs maple syrup, 1 cup rice, 1 orange, 3 cantaloupe spears
    - Liquid: carrot juice (1 cup), coconut water (1 cup)

- Bloat: not good
    - Bm's: very good. switching back to Mg tabs from capsules was a good idea.

Thirst:
    - Nothing new

Supps:
    - Gelatin
    - Noopepts (10mg x 2)
    - Magnesium Citrate (200mg)

Temp:
    - Great

Acne/Skin:
    The discolored patches of skin I always associated with nuts might not be solely from nuts after all. It's back after the myriad of substance abuse last week. Interesting.

Exercise:
    Still so sore. Gah. Get over it!
    Late afternoon:
    - Jump rope (100x6)
    - Jumping squats, leg lifts (this is when I started to fall asleep on the floor). Now I feel very queasy…

Final Thoughts:
    So could the fatigue and queasiness have come from the soy sauce? Or is this past week of emotional and physical stress just finally catching up with me?