Page 27 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 27

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Maybe an endo will help me more than the 3 gastros I've seen. All my lab work seems to come back fine, though.
    My lab work is all fine too - but my hormones are screwy. And a lot of illnesses come down to hormones.

Did you get them checked this time?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nightmares?
    Fantasies, actually...

IF you're into pregnant women (with empty wombs).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    My lab work is all fine too - but my hormones are screwy. And a lot of illnesses come down to hormones.

Did you get them checked this time?
    I didn't since I got them done 4 months ago.

Estradiol: 17.8 (19.5-144.2)
    FSH: 5.6 (2.5-10.2)
    Luteinizing Hormone: 2.5 (1.9-12.5)
    TSH: .69 (good)
    Estrogens Total: 142 (61-394)

So the only thing that was low was my estradiol and I was in a phase of the cycle where estradiol is supposed to be low anyway.

Fantasies, actually...

IF you're into pregnant women (with empty wombs).
    Ick. Ick. Ick ick.

Zach is offline Banned
    Hot!

To me your "bloating" just looks like you ate a lot of food. Does it feel like nothing really happens when you eat something? Like it just sits in your stomach for hours?

Is a small mango, a few pieces of cantaloupe, and a couple large spoonfuls of sweet potato a lot of food? You can tell how much food I'm eating at a meal. Does it seem like a lot?

Yes, that is quite what it feels like. The distention gets worse and worse throughout the day, as though by the time I eat dinner my breakfast is still sitting in there. Sometimes it goes down by morning, sometimes it doesn't.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ok ok, im just saying what it looks like from my iphone, no need to get catty!

So yes it sounds like you have super weak digestion and that will definitely cause bloating and that distended feeling, its basically food fermenting in you because your stomach acid is too weak to liquify and kill everything.

Buuuut HCL fucks you up and ACV does the same? Hmm, im going to think about this one for a min.

Oh wow, that did sound really harsh, reading it now. But I was not being facetious! Those questions where honest. I'm sorry.

I think I posted this in your journal, but I came across someone who said that taking too little HCL made his digestion worse than taking none at all. And it was only until he upped it more that it helped. Does this make any sense at all? Was I taking too little HCL? I can't come up with any logical reason for this.

I didn't since I got them done 4 months ago.

Estradiol: 17.8 (19.5-144.2)
    FSH: 5.6 (2.5-10.2)
    Luteinizing Hormone: 2.5 (1.9-12.5)
    TSH: .69 (good)
    Estrogens Total: 142 (61-394)

So the only thing that was low was my estradiol and I was in a phase of the cycle where estradiol is supposed to be low anyway.

Ick. Ick. Ick ick.
    I think it would be worth getting a more comprehensive hormone panel. I got oestrogen, testosterone, prolactin and progesterone done, plus cortisol, serotonin and all thyroids. If it's free at your uni you may as well avail!

Hey, it's probably a fetish somewhere. If so we should get in on it!

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Try cascara sagrada for bloating.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think it would be worth getting a more comprehensive hormone panel. I got oestrogen, testosterone, prolactin and progesterone done, plus cortisol, serotonin and all thyroids. If it's free at your uni you may as well avail!

Hey, it's probably a fetish somewhere. If so we should get in on it!
    You're right - I should be getting the most out of those bastards! I shall make another appointment.

Finally, I'd be good for something!