Page 26 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 26

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey dude,

Actually, from the start of my journal I suddenly started peeing a lot. I added a lot of salt but it didn't help. The only thing that did was keeping my kidneys warm (wrapping a blanket around my middle). Anyway, turns out I have an infection which prob is making me pee so much. Might be worth checking out?

ALSO - the bloating. I've tried giving up every single food, to no avail. I'm thinking now that in my case it's hormonal. Exccess oestrogen contribute to bloating. I know you said you have very little oestrogen - might be worth looking into?

Sista sista
    Hmm, I'll look into infections.

It's a lot more difficult to find info on low estrogen than it is on high estrogen. The symptoms seem to be underdevelopment (which could explain a lot for me...), menstrual problems (which are not an issue at present), forgetfulness and fatigue (relevant), and some other things like headaches which I don't have any more. And I think the low estrogen might be a symptom of something else (adrenal problems) rather than it's own problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    n this case, I think you could just need more calcium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    There is a relationship between sodium, calcium, and potassium. Na+/Ca2+(sodium-calcium exchanger) is an antiporter which excretes excess from the body. This, along with supplemental magnesium, could explain the excessive urination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Yea i was think the mag supplement might have something to do with it. That and the mate.
    Oh hey, i just looked again and realized that your breakfast was almost entirely liquid and was all cold. When someone has a tendency towards hypo, they will usually be cold in the AM and need some dense calorie warming food. I think your cooling liquids first thing is making your adrenalin shoot up, that will make you excessively urinate. Try salted eggs/potatoes, pancakes or something else dry, warm and calorie dense.
    My calcium levels seemed pretty good. Do you suggest I take a supplement?

My next question was going to be about the magnesium. It could definitely be throwing my mineral balance off, but it's the only thing that keeps my bowels going.

I will save juices / fruits for lunch or dinner and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    Regarding the excess urination: I don't know about your body composition, but do you happen to be underweight, or have you lost a a lot of muscle mass recently? I don't know if this will pertain to you, but whenever I was underweight and lost muscle mass, I had to pee all the time, immediately, all day. I wondered why the sudden need to pee became so severe, so a while ago I read that due to muscle loss, your unitary tract muscles are also being eaten away, so the need to pee is perceived as stronger since you can't "hold it" as long. Losing more muscle means even more loss of control over your bathroom habits, so to speak.

I have also read that the use of artificial sweeteners ca play a role in the frequency and urgency of urination. My mother has experienced this, as she drinks diet coke all day every day and she has to stop and pee no matter what, at least 15 times a day. The sweeteners cause your muscles to falsely contract and send a message to your brain saying you need to go, and the capacity that your bladder can hold lessens over time.

Maybe neither of these things apply t you, but I thought that since I have any info on it, it am contribute to you figuring out what's going on!
    Thank you for the info, but I don't think either of those apply to me. I'm not underweight and have actually been gaining muscle mass recently.

Artificial sweeteners can cause bowel problems for the same reason... I learned that the hard way (thanks, Orbit chewing gum...)

EDIT: I have been taking zicam supps for the past 2 days which are basically just giant malitol candies, but this issue has been going on for much longer than that...
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Just in case everyone thinks I'm crazy (well, I am....) I took the opportunity of looking pregnant after my post workout meal to post a (somewhat fraudulent) before and after pic. The "before" pic had to involve me sucking in my stomach to mimic what I looked like this morning, but it's pretty accurate. Today just happens to be a bad one (probably due to alcohol) but it still occurs... Didn't realize the first pic was blurry until I got it onto my computer but I'm not taking it over.

Befe and After May 2013.jpg

The one below I composed last summer for my doc: an actual before and after pic. I don't think it looks so severe here because it wasn't as bad as it had been for most of the summer by the time I got to the doc, but I wasn't going to induce more severe distention just for the sake of my argument...

Morning vs Evening.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    You hottie!

We are definitely psychically connected... my belly is so ridiculously bloated right now that I was considering taking a pic of it too! Now that I know I'm infertile this may be my chance to get people to give up their seats for me on the underground...

Sorry, I have a dark sense of humour :8
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

If you want to hear something sick, I would rather people think I was pregnant than think I just looked like this.

Oh yeah, we could get people pretty riled up with our hot, bloated bodies. Do it, baby.

EDIT: this forum is odd. I ended up re composing the bottom pic but it posted them both anyway. Whatever.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Oh hey, i just looked again and realized that your breakfast was almost entirely liquid and was all cold. When someone has a tendency towards hypo, they will usually be cold in the AM and need some dense calorie warming food. I think your cooling liquids first thing is making your adrenalin shoot up, that will make you excessively urinate. Try salted eggs/potatoes, pancakes or something else dry, warm and calorie dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Hmm, I'll look into infections.

It's a lot more difficult to find info on low estrogen than it is on high estrogen. The symptoms seem to be underdevelopment (which could explain a lot for me...), menstrual problems (which are not an issue at present), forgetfulness and fatigue (relevant), and some other things like headaches which I don't have any more. And I think the low estrogen might be a symptom of something else (adrenal problems) rather than it's own problem..
    I second Zach's suggestion and will add that in my experience anything that lowers the body temp for someone who's already low temp will mean that the body isn't hot enough to absorb the water it ingests. However, don't rule out getting a urine sample checked.

Possibly the low oestrogen is symptomatic of something else, but it could also be the root of the problem. I thought my issue was thyroid, but it turns out my low thyroid is just a consequence of the oestrogen dominance. You need to find the initial weak link. What my experience with the endo has taught me is that it's worth speaking to a professional about things sometimes. We're all so anti CW, but sometimes they really do know better than us
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Maybe an endo will help me more than the 3 gastros I've seen. All my lab work seems to come back fine, though.

Also, the fruit and juices may be lowering my temp, but I think it's helping me tremendously in other ways. I'll try to stick to fruit at the end of the day and eat more starches and sugar in the morning.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    If you want to hear something sick, I would rather people think I was pregnant than think I just looked like this.

Oh yeah, we could get people pretty riled up with our hot, bloated bodies. Do it, baby.
    Sick friends foreva!

And no, I don't want to give anyone sleepless nights...

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Sick friends foreva!

And no, I don't want to give anyone sleepless nights...
    Nightmares?