Page 25 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 25

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You need more salt to combat the excessive urination, you're likely not holding many minerals as you are now. Didn't notice any real source of sodium in your daily log, so just sayin'.

Coconut water also has a gang of potassium

I absorb magnesium better via epsom bath salts
    I salt my foods and liquids (juice, water, tea) with sea salt. This morning, within the span of 1.5 hours I drank a cup of coconut water, a cup of salted carrot juice, and peed four times. Is that normal? Edit: Make that five times...

Isn't it beneficial to keep a higher potassium:sodium ratio?

Epsom salt baths are lovely, but my roommate won't let me turn on the heat let alone fill the tub unnecessarily with water. Good thing she works 8 hour shifts... Will be sneaky about this.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-10-2013 at 10:03 AM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Friday, May 10

Food/Digestion:
    - AM: gelatin
    - Breakfast: 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup salted carrot juice, few cantaloupe spears
    - Mid morning: Starving. ~130g lamb, some sweet potato, applesauce with good amount of maple syrup
    - Lunch: Thai: red coconut curry (chicken, green beans, basil, zucchini), 1/2 cup of rice (Felt so uncomfortable last time I ate the whole bowl)
    - Afternoon: mate (no syrup)
    - Dinner: Can of tuna and 2 eggs cooked with coconut oil, curry, and pepper sauce, 2 rice cakes.
    - Late evening: 2 apples with maple syrup and cinnamon
    - Last day of counting. 3 consecutive days seems enough to get a good idea. I overestimated on the things I couldn’t measure: ~1860 kcal = 215g carb, 128g protein, 60g fat
    - EDIT: going out for a spicy salmon roll. not necessary and kind of stuffed already but I DGAF.
    - EDIT: ended up having 2 rolls and 3 shots of whiskey. Bloat afterwards was surprisingly not terrible! Still not acceptable, but not 6 mo. pregnant status.

- Bloat - bad after thai. I should stop eating the vegetables. Worse by the end of the day.
    - BMs - good

Thirst:
    - Much better. Still peeing a lot.

Supps:
    - Magnesium Citrate (300mg)
    - Noopept (10mg x 2)
    - Zicam (x2)

Sleep:/Energy
    - Slept 11-7:45
    - Crashed around 2:30. Napped from 3-4. Woke up feeling incredibly worse.

Exercise:
    Morning:
    - Jump rope (100 x 5) - no asthma!
    - Lifting + Overhead squats (20lb)
    Evening:
    - 15-20 minutes of random exercise: pushups, mountain climbers, assisted pull ups, leg raises, handstands, back walkovers,
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey dude,

Actually, from the start of my journal I suddenly started peeing a lot. I added a lot of salt but it didn't help. The only thing that did was keeping my kidneys warm (wrapping a blanket around my middle). Anyway, turns out I have an infection which prob is making me pee so much. Might be worth checking out?

ALSO - the bloating. I've tried giving up every single food, to no avail. I'm thinking now that in my case it's hormonal. Exccess oestrogen contribute to bloating. I know you said you have very little oestrogen - might be worth looking into?

Sista sista
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I salt my foods and liquids (juice, water, tea) with sea salt. This morning, within the span of 1.5 hours I drank a cup of coconut water, a cup of salted carrot juice, and peed four times. Is that normal? Edit: Make that five times...

Isn't it beneficial to keep a higher potassium:sodium ratio?

Epsom salt baths are lovely, but my roommate won't let me turn on the heat let alone fill the tub unnecessarily with water. Good thing she works 8 hour shifts... Will be sneaky about this.
    I feel better personally with a much higher potassium to sodium ratio, but that could just be me(my blood pressure rises and falls a lot, excess sodium keeps it unstable, but a 3:1 potassium to sodium ratio keeps it normal).

In this case, I think you could just need more calcium.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    5 times in an hour and a half is beyond not normal. 5 times a day would be ok.

Any advice i could give, you are already doing. Dont know whats going on there.

There is a relationship between sodium, calcium, and potassium. Na+/Ca2+(sodium-calcium exchanger) is an antiporter which excretes excess from the body. This, along with supplemental magnesium, could explain the excessive urination.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    There is a relationship between sodium, calcium, and potassium. Na+/Ca2+(sodium-calcium exchanger) is an antiporter which excretes excess from the body. This, along with supplemental magnesium, could explain the excessive urination.
    Yea i was think the mag supplement might have something to do with it. That and the mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea i was think the mag supplement might have something to do with it. That and the mate.
    Yep. I just think she's excreting excess sodium and potassium without proper retention.

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh hey, i just looked again and realized that your breakfast was almost entirely liquid and was all cold. When someone has a tendency towards hypo, they will usually be cold in the AM and need some dense calorie warming food. I think your cooling liquids first thing is making your adrenalin shoot up, that will make you excessively urinate. Try salted eggs/potatoes, pancakes or something else dry, warm and calorie dense.

Zach is offline Banned
    Good point Cierra. Also magnesium is a muscle relaxant.