Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 23

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If we somehow managed to pull a Freaky Friday... nothing would happen.

Monday, May 6

Food/Digestion:
    - Breakfast: gelatin, carrot juice (1 cup), 2 honey mangos
    - Mid morning: maple mate, cantaloupe, 2 rice cakes
    - Lunch: Small bowl of cherry and vanilla coconut ice cream
    - Afternoon: 4 oz smoked salmon, 2 oz roast beef, 1 rice cake
    - PM: glass of campari and soda

- Bloat: better (and I'm not taking enzymes!)
    -BMs: good, maybe overcompensating for yesterday…

- fucked up my eating schedule and ended up having a bunch of small meals which made me feel icky, but it was easier to mono-meal it in terms of food combining
    - I think I'm getting even better at listening to my body. At lunch time I was set and prepared to make a tuna/egg scramble or something of the sort, but it didn't sound appealing to me. At all. The only thing that sounded good to me was ice cream, so that's what I had. I must have needed fat and sugar more than protein?

Thirst:
    - Not that thirsty but peeing like crazy (I'm glad we can all feel comfortable here)

Supps:
    Same, except for an extra 10mg of noopept since I knew I'd have alcohol tonight.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

I didn’t know whether I should put this in "supplements" (ha, jokes) but add to that 1.5 hits
    of acid + the all-nighter that ensued.

Due to the fact that I have papers due in the next 24 hours which I have not yet begun, I will be taking a short hiatus from the forum until those issues have been resolved... In the meantime, I support you all just as I always do and…. thank you for putting up with me.

I'm going to go vigorously apply honey to my face, which now looks like it's been clawed by an angry raccoon. And wait for the text on my computer screen to stop swelling and swirling. My god.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    LOL!

and yes - the biggest realisation for me in the last few months is that the body doesn't lie. It knows what we need, and if we're craving something it's for a reason. The trick is not to go to teh default crave food (often junk food), but to identify what nutrient you really want and try and find the best source of it.

Ice cream is a good option
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'm sure the body knows exactly what it needs. Our brains just don't do a great job interpreting it...

Well, now that I'm awake and sober....

The benefit-cost ratio of this drug has proven be dwindling... I think it'd be safest to give this one up - at least for some time. It might just be too powerful for me. I did learn something about myself, though (I always do). For one, I had the greatest sex of life (with someone I've had a lot of sex withÖ) at a time when I feel my heaviest and ugliest. That just proved that a few extra pounds isn't going to change my level of attractiveness, confidence, sexuality, or how deserving I am of pleasure. On the other hand, I realized how angry and disappointed I am in myself for "letting myself go" for this long. I need to start being more active. Even if not to look better, but just to feel better about being human. We have these bodies and we should take care of them and keep them active and strong. I've been taking my body for granted.

Second, I think part of the reason I took it - knowing full well that I needed to focus on my school work and was in no position to sleep for zero hours and spend most of the next day still unable to function - just so that I would be forced to think about something other than my own stupid body issues for what? 24 hours ? Seems like pretty steep measures to me, but it worked. No time to think about food and bloating and digestion when you're frantically wiring essays and dealing with sleep deprivation. Why do I have to go to such extremes?

A thought I had regarding noopept: it would be great if it caused the cerebral benefits / mental clarity that is the result of tripping on acid to stick. What do you think, Derp?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    A thought I had regarding noopept: it would be great if it caused the cerebral benefits / mental clarity that is the result of tripping on acid to stick. What do you think, Derp?
    I don't think it would work, because once your 5ht1a/5ht2a receptors downregulate, you build up a tolerance. The half-life of lsd is also very short(2 hours, most disappearing from the blood stream rapidly or being excreted in urine). Interesting though, is that some people report lsd hallucinations years after their trip, which leaves the question still open to investigation.

Have you tried hydergine?
    nihil

Interesting. Have you had any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    Interesting though, is that some people report lsd hallucinations years after their trip, which leaves the question still open to investigation.
    I wonder if that's where my sustained visual disturbances came from?

Not yet, no, but it's on my to-order-list. We can take it together and compare effects!

On noopept, continued use of it has definitely made the effects more pronounced. Yesterday, I was arguing with Paleobird in the fructose thread, and previous knowledge dating all the way back to high school was flowing to me effortlessly(I was jotting things down without even really thinking of them) and I didn't need to source google once, except just to fetch links for graphs.

I've been taking it sublingually only lately, 1g under the tongue, chased down with choline dissolved in water.
    nihil

Seems to have some undesirable side effects... hypertension/fainting, sleepiness.

Great to hear about the noopept. Is this relatively recent? What I've noticed so far is an increased alertness and spatial awareness. Brain is less foggy too.We'll see how my memory does during my finals next week... I'm still taking 30-45 mg at most.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I wonder if that's where my sustained visual disturbances came from?
    Definitely a possibility. I've induced several deja vu type feelings this way, it's very fascinating. It gets me thinking if you cannot control literally everything if your mind were to allow you to visualize causes and effects of your actions.

Deja vu is sort of a creepy feeling though. Seeing people in visions, then actually seeing them months or even years later. How could this be possible? Maybe it's a slight of mind trick, and you didn't actually have that dream before, it's just a feeling, but I wonder.
    nihil